Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2007, 20:51   #1
I am Banned

tiscali error message

Anyone shed any light on why my internet connection diconnects sometimes for around 40 seconds then reconnects and does this several times but not every day. Ive attaced a picture of the error message i get if it helps...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (53.7 KB, 39 views)
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2007, 21:01   #2
God Member

Re: tiscali error message

your line looks like it is being dropped. Check you have microfilters on all phones etc. do you have the BT call minder service or call waiting? as this can cause the issue as it gives a stuttering dial tone.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 21:03   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
your line looks like it is being dropped. Check you have microfilters on all phones etc. do you have the BT call minder service or call waiting? as this can cause the issue as it gives a stuttering dial tone.

Yeah i have filters on all phones. I dont think we have either to be honest. It happens randomly not when someone calls etc.
Old 24-01-2007, 21:05   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadah View Post
Yeah i have filters on all phones. I dont think we have either to be honest. It happens randomly not when someone calls etc.
Could it be a drop cos of Tiscalli themselves ??? Wanadoo used to do it now & again, so that muggins would have to ring expensive tech line
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 21:06   #5
I am Banned

LOL that wouldnt suprise me either.
Old 24-01-2007, 21:21   #6
Resting in Peace

This error usually means there is a problem receiving the Broadband signal at your modem. An error 680 / 619 would usually also mean you do not have a solid green ADSL light on the modem. This can be resolved by following these steps:
Ensure you have checked the following:
Does your telephone Work? (if not you may have a fault with your telephone line)
Is the cable from the modem to the filter secure at each end?

If, after checking the above points, you are still not seeing a solid green ADSL light, we need to look at how you have the modem and filters attached to the telephone line in your house. Please Click Here

Error 680 and both modem lights are solid green
If the modem installation seems successful and you have two solid green lights on your modem but are still receiving the error message- 680: No dial tone, then:

If you have an internal 56k modem please disable the modem as follows

Right click on the My Computer Icon on your desktop and then select Properties
If you have a Device Manager tab along the top select this, otherwise select the Hardware tab along the top and then click on the Device Manager button
In the Device Manager click on the + sign on the Modem selection and then...
Identify and right click your modem icon and select Disable / Properties and then Disable in this Hardware Profile
After you have completed this, close down the Device Manager and then restart your computer and try to reconnect to the Broadband connection.
If this does not resolve your problem please call the Tiscali Broadband Helpdesk on 08707442922 to test your phone line

BUT I bet the problem is at their end.... I used to get that all the time.
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 21:33   #7
I am Banned

Cheers for that magpie will let you know if it helps.
Old 25-01-2007, 11:04   #8
God Member

I sometimes get that tadah but as you say not every day. i think it's a tiscali thing and not your computer to be honest

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 11:17   #9
Resident Waffler

I used to get that in the olden days when I was on aol. They used to insist it was a fault with my phone line - BT used to insist that it wasn't.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..