Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2007, 15:09   #1

Tiscali anyone?

Well it seems a while since I've managed to accesss the internet;due to Tiscali ISP(Incompetant Service Promised).Early September was my last access,so after a few weeks of phoning Tiscali and writing letters to try to acheive reconnection.Various excuses were made including one that cost me £54 for a BT line engineers visit(since recouped).Eventually I decided to cancel my subscription and change provider.
Easy peasy you would think!
But no there then followed months of telephone calls and 13 letters,during which time I had to pay a further two months subscription as they hadn't any record of my original contract caccellation,before they agreed to unplug.
I am now with BT(fingers crossed) my warning to you all is there is no one out there who can or will help speed this process up.
I now read that the 14th.February will bring knew legislation to enforce release of MAC codes etc.within 5 days.
We will see if this watchdog bites.
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2007, 15:15   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Tiscali anyone?

I'm with Tiscali Broadband. Twice in the last year it's not worked. After calling the help-line in India, and them getting me to do various tests, they usually say it is a local fault of their's which is being repaired, and should be back on within 36 hours, though it never has been that long. At the moment it's fine, fingers crossed.

Good to have you back Lampman, and good luck with BT.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 15:16   #3
Resident Waffler

Hello Lampman, I thought I hadn't seen you here for a while. It sounds like a nightmare.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 16:01   #4

Thanks Willow and Garinda,yes it's been a real 'mare;yes I also spoke with India.Strange to say they were of more help than the Customer care managers I spoke/wrote to.
Well I look forward to being back on Accy web now,I'll see whos has been putting the world to rights in my enforced absence.
Old 24-01-2007, 18:41   #5
I am Banned

Im with them and all i ahve to say is.....

DONT BOTHER WITH THEM!!!

Trust me with the rubbish service ive had and constant loss of connection i will be going else where.
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 18:54   #6
God Member

I'm with them and have also had trouble, was offline a few months ago for nearly 2 weeks, they kept blaming BT and visa versa, we threatened to leave and suddenly it was fixed! Strange eh.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 19:30   #7
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Im with virgin, had no problems whatsoever!! and been with been with them for over 3 years now!
Old 24-01-2007, 20:14   #8
Full Member+

I tried to go on Tiscali broadband in November and it was a nightmare, e-mails bouncing back, the useless Indian call centre and all this was before I went live. The customer cancellation line is hardly ever answered, so if you want to cancel at the end of your contract I have a tip. Ring the sales line (0800 number) immediatly ask to speak to the supervisor then give him grief, it worked for me, i`m now on Virgin.
Old 24-01-2007, 21:17   #9
Resting in Peace

I also had many problems with Tiscali. In the end I told them to stick it, they also took forever to give me my mac code . In the end I had to change my phone number so I could go back to BT.
With Tiscali I had no connection for over 3 months, the problem was they had up-graded some lines and that is when the major problem started.

I would not recommend them to anyone.
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2007, 21:58   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Im with virgin, had no problems whatsoever!!
I used to be with a virgin. I also had no problems whatsoever but then was no longer with a virgin.
Old 25-01-2007, 10:17   #11
God Member

I must be the odd one out her then, we've been with Tiscali for about 2 and a half years now & not had a problem (touch wood)! When we got a new computer about 6 months ago, we needed a new start-up disc, rang & asked and it was in the post the following day
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2007, 15:19   #12

The story they gave me was that LLU's? had been installed by Tiscali at the local exchange,but were awaiting connection to the BT lines.
Meanwhile they had chosen not to tell me and just left me without internet for months.
AS I said in my earlier posting the bad news is no will help.
Old 25-01-2007, 18:19   #13
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I used to be with a virgin. I also had no problems whatsoever but then was no longer with a virgin.
............im a virgin!......

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..