Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2004, 23:50   #1

Virus Info

I've got a virus on my PC.It's disabled Norton Antivirus,Disabled my Norton firewall,disabled regedit,disabled ctrl,alt,del,disabled msconfig so i can't reboot in safemode.Tried online scans and have infected processes sxvhost.exe sxvhost.exe xeexkct.exe.other info is backdoor.sdbot.gen backdoor.rbot.bh.w32.hllw.donk w32/sdbot.worm.gen """""".gen.b """".gen.i
Ran online progs like bitdefender McAfee,Stinger but can't get shut.Even if I do get rid have the files i need to access msconfig etc been deleted?
Any help would be appreciated. thanx
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2004, 00:35   #2
God Member

Re: Virus Info

put floppy in drive to force dos bootup...manualy delete offending files.. then boot in safe mode and run diagnostic software.

perhaps ?
Old 22-07-2004, 15:59   #3
Jaf
Junior Member+

Cool Re: Virus Info

Sorry the wife was logged in.
Old 22-07-2004, 16:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILKYBUSDRIVER
backdoor.sdbot.gen backdoor.rbot.bh.w32.hllw.donk w32/sdbot.worm.gen """""".gen.b """".gen.i
Ran online progs like bitdefender McAfee,Stinger but can't get shut.Even if I do get rid have the files i need to access msconfig etc been deleted?
Any help would be appreciated. thanx
I have very nice ways of removing viruses and can help with repair of file.
Which Windows are you running? Send me a PM and we will arrange a time to do it. PS no charge i do alot of this for free.
Old 22-07-2004, 21:52   #5
Senior Member+

try these
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hijackthis.html
First try seeing if you can complete a scan here http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hou.../start_corp.asp

Also try this virus scanner
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl7.php

Try this as well
http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2004, 23:38   #6

Thanx for all the advice but i've solved the prob.Online scans housecall and bitdefender detected the prob but unable to delete.Tried Stinger and that deleted 1 file.So after thinking a while I booted into safemode through my dodgy xp disc,tried norton which then worked but detected nothing.I could then use msconfig,regedit etc so I used regedit,searched for the offending files and just deleted them.Pc is working fine at the moment.It's a bit disconcerting that Norton Antivirus and Firewall can be disabled and any scans didnt detect anything even with all the updates.Any advice on the best antivirus and firewall software will be greatly appreciated.
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 09:33   #7

Cool Re: Virus Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by PILKYBUSDRIVER
Any advice on the best antivirus and firewall software will be greatly appreciated.
Nice to hear you are working again these viruses are are a pain in the ass.
Have a look at my bug killers thread. Quite like AVG and KERIO both are free.
Old 24-07-2004, 00:18   #8
Senior Member+

The best ones, which ever work!!!!!!!!!!

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..