Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2004, 09:08   #1
Len
God Member

Windows XP

Windows XP home ed.

When I first start up my pc I get a pop-up box with default user in it (which is me) I have to click enter every time I want to continue.
Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening?
So when I start up it goes straight to the desktop after loading.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2004, 09:44   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Windows XP

I use windows xp too len, never had any bother with it.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:43   #3
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len
Windows XP home ed.

When I first start up my pc I get a pop-up box with default user in it (which is me) I have to click enter every time I want to continue.
Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening?
So when I start up it goes straight to the desktop after loading.
Try this - Start - Help and support - Type "welcome screen" in the search box this comes up with how to turn off the welcome screen, hope this helps.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 14:34   #4
Len
God Member

Thanks Bagpuss.

I have tried what you suggested and I have my welcoming screen turned off.

When I start up the pc it loads and I get a pop up box asking the default user to log in.

I am trying to stop it asking for the default user to log in.

Whenever I save something it adds an extra label in the title (default user) and when I try and upload to my web site my up loader does not recognize the extra label (default user) and cannot find it.

Demo,.. c:\documents and settings\default user.default-tu327ch\my documents\my web pages\unanderra_hostel_memories_5\page3.html

It used to be;

c:\\my documents\my web pages\unanderra_hostel_memories_5\page3.html

Any one any ideas?
Old 08-08-2004, 18:42   #5
God Member

I also got fed up of it and downloaded X-Setup by xteq systems. This allows you to tweak the operating system, one of the tweaks being automatic logon.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2004, 18:37   #6

Cool Re: Windows XP

The first thing you need to try is create a new user account. Are you on home or pro XP ??? log off the default account (click start log off) and logon as administrator control alt del twice. create your new account and restart your computer. this is a good way to find out whats going on and may even fix it.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:44   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Try the solutions on this page http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article04-103 it's part of what seems a very good site http://www.annoyances.org/ for all sorts of windows problems, I've certainly added it to my favourites.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:31   #8
Len
God Member

This site looks good.

I also have saved in my favourites. I shall spend some time now and have a look through it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..