Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/)
-   -   android tablet usb adaptor? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f83/android-tablet-usb-adaptor-62146.html)

flashy 11-08-2012 19:16

android tablet usb adaptor?

1 Attachment(s)
Bought myself an android tablet yesterday and i need to buy a usb adaptor for it BUT i haven't a clue where it would go, the only ones i have seen on Amazon have chunky ports to be attached to the tablet, i don't have any chunky ports HELPPPPP

Margaret Pilkington 11-08-2012 20:01

Re: android tablet usb adaptor?

Shaz if you can put a clearer pic of the ports on here then it may be some help in advising you what you need to get.

Margaret Pilkington 11-08-2012 20:12

1 Attachment(s)
I am posting a pic of my android tablet.....so you can see what my usb connector port looks like.
Is there anything on your tablet that looks like this?

susie123 11-08-2012 20:26

Looks like you might need something like this to go into that hole to give you a USB port first.

24 pin Ethernet USB Adapter RJ45 Connector Android Tablet PC Epad *Free P&P* | eBay

30 pin Ethernet USB Adapter RJ45 Connector Android Tablet PC Epad *Free P&P* | eBay

Margaret Pilkington 11-08-2012 20:36

Sue....I might be mistaken her, but those devices are to connect to the internet.....I know they have USB ports on them too, but I would have thought that there was a'host'
port...which is what connects to your computer via the USB.
My tablet connects wirelessly to the internet.......though I don't use it much for the internet...more to show Ma things(pics - emails from my sister and brother).
Shaz, were there no instructions with your tablet?

flashy 11-08-2012 21:02

I bought the tablet off someone on facebook, no instructions, it works fine, the ports are headphones, charger, sd card and there's another but its very slim

susie123 11-08-2012 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1008481)
Sue....I might be mistaken her, but those devices are to connect to the internet.....I know they have USB ports on them too, but I would have thought that there was a'host'
port...which is what connects to your computer via the USB.
My tablet connects wirelessly to the internet.......though I don't use it much for the internet...more to show Ma things(pics - emails from my sister and brother).
Shaz, were there no instructions with your tablet?

It was only an example that I came across on ebay.

I thought that the 30 or 24 pin bit stuck into the tablet and that gave you a "normal" USB port. Like this:

Pocketables – Samsung USB Connection Kit for Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus/7.7/8.9/10.1 review

Might help if she'd said what sort of tablet it is, or maybe I'll give up now...

flashy 11-08-2012 21:47

All it says on the box is MID, thats the make

susie123 11-08-2012 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1008498)
All it says on the box is MID, thats the make

Don't know if this is like yours but it comes with a device that looks exactly like one of the ones I posted in post 4.

What bits and pieces did yours come with?

susie123 11-08-2012 22:13

Lots of Mid reviews on Youtube, they all seem to have this device sticking out the side... as I mentioned in post 4 - did you not get one with it?

24 pin Ethernet USB Adapter RJ45 Connector Android Tablet PC Epad *Free P&P* | eBay

Margaret Pilkington 11-08-2012 22:29

MID is just an acronym for Mobile Internet Device......these unbranded tablets are Ok but the instruction booklets are as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Mine is a MID too...but it is supposed to have the guts of a Samsung tablet......but I have no way of checking this.
The long slot on your tablet has the icon for USB...but I do not recognise the connectionport...it is nothing like mine.
Shaz....I suggest you ask Mick. He might be able to help...he is a mine of information, especially when it comes to stuff like this.

Restless 12-08-2012 02:38

That long port in the pic is not a USB

flashy 12-08-2012 07:58

marg, thats exactly what i thought, it's the only place one can go though, i've just ordered a keyboard and case off amazon, thats why i needed to know where and what to get, the tablet only cost me £35 and only came with the charger and the box, i'm not really bothered about it, it does everything it's supposed to do, other than the things with the usb, i might take it down to a pc shop later and ask if they know

thankyou everyone for helping

Mick 12-08-2012 08:04

Looking at the blurred photo none of those ports are USB
the one on the right looks like a power charging port the second one looks like a memory card slot the third looks like a head phone jack
not sure of the one on the far left
and Margaret the port in your photo the arrow is too is not a USB port the one on the right next to the memory slot looks more like a USB port

flashy 12-08-2012 08:42

From left to right it is charger, headphones, long thin thing and memory slot