Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 08:44   #16
God Member

Re: android tablet usb adaptor?

I know none of the ports are usb mick, thats why i was asking in the first place
Old 12-08-2012, 09:27   #17
God Member

They are mini USB ports and to make a keyboard/mouse work you need a USB OTG (on the go) cable. We do this with siobhans tablet for her. The final port on the right is a hdmi port for putting the image out to a big screen/TV.

Have a look at dealextreme.com for a cable, they come from Hong Kong and usually are here in about a week. I use them for all sorts of things.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:37   #18
God Member

Where would the otg cable go though Ian?
Old 12-08-2012, 10:48   #19
Beacon of light

you are right Mick, it has two ports that are similar......one labelled OTG...the other HOST....and it is the OTG port that I use to connect up to my desktop....but it was really to show Shaz the shape of the port.......I mislabelled it when I put the pic on.(my name should be daft Ada)
Anyway....I knew you would know more and be able to advise....whereas I am only useful as a bad example
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:50   #20
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
They are mini USB ports and to make a keyboard/mouse work you need a USB OTG (on the go) cable. We do this with siobhans tablet for her. The final port on the right is a hdmi port for putting the image out to a big screen/TV.

Have a look at dealextreme.com for a cable, they come from Hong Kong and usually are here in about a week. I use them for all sorts of things.
I can't see a mini usb port in the photo on post 1.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:56   #21
Resting In Peace

Right - this has exactly the same arrangement of ports as on Flashy's tablet - plus it comes with an adaptor similar to what I posted in post 4. Surely that is what she's missing?

Battery--World New Android 2.3 Tablet with UK Charge: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

24 pin Ethernet USB Adapter RJ45 Connector Android Tablet PC Epad *Free P&P* | eBay
Old 12-08-2012, 13:01   #22
God Member

lol thankyou Susie, it does look like what i need but the only place it could go is in what Ian said was the hdmi slot? maybe
Old 12-08-2012, 13:16   #23
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
lol thankyou Susie, it does look like what i need but the only place it could go is in what Ian said was the hdmi slot? maybe
No it goes in the long thin slot next to the two round ones - not to be too technical about it. For less than four quid on ebay it's got to be worth a punt.
Old 12-08-2012, 13:19   #24
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am posting a pic of my android tablet.....so you can see what my usb connector port looks like.
Is there anything on your tablet that looks like this?
Haha Marg just looked at that picture again. Were you wearing blue linen look jeans and a spotty top in navy and white? Or was that the other half?
Old 12-08-2012, 13:21   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
No it goes in the long thin slot next to the two round ones - not to be too technical about it. For less than four quid on ebay it's got to be worth a punt.
the pic of the tablet is the exact same one i have

thankyou very very much for clearing everything up for me, i will have a look around now i know what it is i need, failing that i have saved the ebay page, thankyou again Susie lol
Old 12-08-2012, 13:37   #26
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
the pic of the tablet is the exact same one i have

thankyou very very much for clearing everything up for me, i will have a look around now i know what it is i need, failing that i have saved the ebay page, thankyou again Susie lol
You're welcome, just hope it's right!

I actually posted the ebay link at 9.30 last night but everyone ignored it. Oh well such is life.

You could save a whole 10p by buying this one - and the estimated delivery time is shorter too...

24 pin Ethernet USB Adapter RJ45 Connector Android Tablet PC Epad *Free P&P* | eBay
Old 12-08-2012, 14:02   #27
Beacon of light

Quote:
Haha Marg just looked at that picture again. Were you wearing blue linen look jeans and a spotty top in navy and white? Or was that the other half?
It was me, balancing it on my knee and I was looking at it upside down too.
I felt like a juggler, because I was using my big camera...not something you can do one handed.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 14:55   #28
Senior Member+

Me neither. I think ian is talking about Margaret's pic...

Quote:
I can't see a mini usb port in the photo on post 1.
Old 12-08-2012, 14:56   #29
Senior Member+

is it this one ? MID 7" Android 4.0 aPad Tablet PC - CPU 1.5GHz, 8GB: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/54...d_2_2.html?s=p this???

Looks like this is the one. You need the adapter for that long slot to use USB....

oops i didnt see the second page to this thread

Oh deal extreme. I have ordered from them. But when I ordered the sata to ide adapter to put a larger sata hd in my xbox they never came in a week. I was waiting three months!

Last edited by Restless; 12-08-2012 at 15:01. Reason: oops many edits
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 15:03   #30
Senior Member+

Yes that is the one Susie.

It looks like the tablet should have had one of those with it.

Quote:
You're welcome, just hope it's right!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..