Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2003, 12:15   #1

Post Camera repair.

I have a Fuji F601 Zoom digital camera and managed to drop the thing whilst it's lense was extended. Having never had to get one of these repaired before I don't know where to take it? Or do I have to send it back to Fuji? Anyone know...It's not under warranty.
ukbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-07-2003, 14:02   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: Camera repair.

I am also looking for somewhere that does on the spot camera repairs so if you find anywhere LMK and I will do likewise

I go to the Accrington Camera club but its closed for the summer (Holidays effect attendences) ..They will know but I will ahve to wait I suppose
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2003, 16:40   #3
Resting in Peace

i have found fuji ok when i got mine from a shop in blackburn i ask if the software was ok with xp he said  it was but when i got it home it wasent so rang fuji up they said they would send the update out free of charge i said ok the next day a bloke on a moterbike turned up with a disk hows that for service
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2003, 16:41   #4
Resting in Peace

so i would give fuji a ring or see there web site
Old 25-07-2003, 06:57   #5
Resting in Peace

yes go to www.fujifilm.co.uk
when you got the camera did you register it on the fuji
web site ?

if not you can still do this it dos not matter how old the camera is all they nead is the cameras serial no
then there is a lot of help on there
Old 25-07-2003, 10:56   #6
I am Banned

Still wouldn't mind knowing of anyone anywhere who does on the spot camera fixing.
Old 25-07-2003, 15:07   #7
Resting in Peace

i will find out but you will have to wight till i come out of hos and you get back from your fun in the sun please take the wife she can sit  on the roof
Old 08-08-2003, 09:29   #8

Nearest place I know of is a camera repair shop in Burnley on Standish St. Its not far from the new Sainsburys at the top of Active way.
Its called 'The Camera Centre' and its 01282 435743
They are meant to be very good.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:09   #9
I am Banned

Cheers damers.. will give them a ring and see what they do  user rating upped you helpful thing you
Old 27-08-2003, 11:07   #10
I am Banned

Just phoned Camera Centre in Burnley.. They send cameras away and currently takes between 4 and 5 weeks ..ARRRGH

My Camera stopped zooming and focus on Saturday and after panicking for 24 hrs I gave the thing a good shake and it works again now...  Thus I am presuming some muck/dust in there.  I explained this and they said its a send away job

Can't go without my camera for that long.. Need every Saturday

Stuck

Oh well.. Its working.. lets hope it keeps working
Old 27-08-2003, 16:52   #11

If you end up stuck, I can lend you mine - i know how important your accy photos are. It hasn't got as good a zoom as yours but it aint bad - Fuji S602 Zoom (6X) + 1.5x Telephoto. No stability control so you need a steady hand(or lots of light!) at full zoom! I'm gonna give them a ring cos my F601 still hasn't been repaired but I don't need it for a while so 4-5 weeks is ok!
ukbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2003, 19:40   #12
I am Banned

Thats decent of you

Howver mines working and I am going to soldier on for a bit.. I ahve my eye on a new camera thats out in Septmeber so gonna go for tha...

X12 Optical zoom  for 300 quid.. the Panasonic DMZ FZ2

Thanks for the offer though.. Very much appreciated
Old 02-09-2003, 13:33   #13
Resting in Peace

Hi harry
there is a store around victoria station that repairs digital cameras 12 hours garanteed but they only do drop and pickup no post cant remember the name
sorry

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..