Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2003, 20:59   #1

Post surround sound

just bought a concoction of surround sound stuff, everything is all connected but can't get any sound, any ideas?
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-08-2003, 21:28   #2

Post Re: surround sound

Make sure the soudn sytem is connected to the plug socket, as they require there own power supply. Make sure the volume on it is turned up, and make sure the thing is actually connected to your dvd player or wherever the sound is being outputted from  

If that doesnt help, could you list the model and make of the surround sound system?
Old 27-08-2003, 23:51   #3
I am Banned

How much is a surround sound setup?  I ahve my new DVD and I ahve it hooked up to a Projector for a massive screen  Could do with a good surround sound..

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 11:25   #4

You could probably spend as little as £50 and get a half decent 5.1 speaker set up. If you want a better more 'beefier' sound system you'll be looking at around £120 upwards. check argos, they have quite a few surround sound systems. Or you can shop online, and thats probably where you can find the cheapest deals if you have a good look  
Old 28-08-2003, 11:56   #5

actually i'm in canada, an amazing system here will rush about 11/2 - 2 grand u.k. thats including speakers that are hidden in the ceiling and walls. ours was a little cheaper than that as it was bought out of box, which means it was on display and lost the instructions!!!!  you actually attach it to it's own  processor, but dvd/t.v/vcr wires through that and run wires from that to the speakers!
Old 28-08-2003, 14:29   #6

Well, if there arent any instruction that came with it, maybe you could go to the manufacturers website, and find a manual or instructions on there for your specific model  
Old 28-08-2003, 18:46   #7

got it working!!! just had a few wires backwards!
Old 28-08-2003, 21:21   #8

Good to hear that littlemo  
Old 29-08-2003, 20:15   #9
Senior Member+

like your picture stevybaby is it a self portrait?
Old 30-08-2003, 00:17   #10

lol, yeah, its the wat i see when i look in the mirror every morning    ;D
Old 30-08-2003, 14:36   #11
Caz
God Member

Bit green round the gills usually?  [smiley=lol.gif]
Is that your site by the way?  

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 19:48   #12

Lol, Yep, thats me  

Yea, its my site, designed it for IT class for part of my coursework last year. Loading time is a bit naff because its geocities and for some stupid reason i decided to use bitmap images instead of Jpeg  :

Old 02-09-2003, 19:57   #13
Caz
God Member

Which college were you at Stevey? Accrington?

- Oscar Wilde
Old 02-09-2003, 20:35   #14

Blackburn college. Doing resits and A levels though, as i totally forked up my GCSE's  :-X
Old 02-09-2003, 20:47   #15
Caz
God Member

Just wondered as I went to Accy. Thought we might know the same tutors!

So what if you messed up first time, lots of people do. I didn't even take any, decided to leave school beforehand. (long time ago!)

Perhaps  better if people are doing them because they want to and not part of the system. They usually enjoy it more because they have a real purpose.

- Oscar Wilde

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..