Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2005, 11:50   #1

PC Doctor

Can anyone recommend a good, reasonable priced PC doctor. I need one for this damn shed of a PC but i don't want to go to anyone that isn't recommened. Also they will need to come to the house as i can't get it to them.

Thanks

I've placed this plea in to two threads as i don't know which thread it should go in.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2005, 11:55   #2
I am Banned

Re: PC Doctor

The ones ive looked into online want money to fix probs as i looked into a few for my ole shed machine, only to discover theres loads n some do some fixes n others fix something else n not them. Depends what system probs u are having whether its registry or windows problems.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 11:59   #3

Think it's full of virus's. Daren't use e-mail just in case. Ran my virus check but it keeps coming up with nothing detected, but i am sure there is. Also it keeps coming up with files missing. Tried installing windows but to no avial. So what i really want is a good overall.

Old 17-02-2005, 12:10   #4
I am Banned

ahhhh sounds like u have an adware problem n possible trojan attacks, u'll need adware checker theres a free one at this link:

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-...bj=dl&tag=top5

& or

spyware checker free scan

http://www.nuker.com/info/01.php

And a antivirus checker free scans highly recommended

http://housecall.trendmicro.com
Old 17-02-2005, 14:26   #5

Tried them thanks accystanmac. The first one wouldn't open the second one wouldn't work and i'm just now downloading the third one.

Old 17-02-2005, 14:36   #6
I am Banned

Thats the prob with some...tempermental tho the 3rd one should work, if u have any more probs or need any other links hopefully that work let me know, or try putting 'adaware', 'spybot' or 'spyware' in search engine like google or whatever n that should bring up various checkers that might work some times is a case of trial n error. But with u having files missing is sounds like a trojan attack n to fix it u need to rid the trojan.
Old 17-02-2005, 14:59   #7
God Member

i use a program called as aware SE made by lavasoft that seems to do the job and its easy to update
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2005, 17:30   #8
I am Banned

I use lavasoft SE an all

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..