Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2006, 23:20   #1
I am Banned

xbox360 hacked

http://www.icemodchip.com/info.php

well it didnt take long to beat the security on the xbox360
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-01-2006, 01:29   #2

Re: xbox360 hacked

everything is hackable.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:08   #3
God Member

I think therein lies the problem. Companies seem to be hell bent of making stuff secure yet as they find out everytime it only takes one minor flaw to allow someone to beat it. All that money spent was wasted.

There is a thought within security that says that making stuff hidden only tempts people to beat it. leave it wide open and no-one bothers.

Can I just point out one minor semantic though, it is cracked, not hacked. I have an article somewhere that does clarify that a hacker is someone who will make something do someting it may not be designed for, a cracker is someoen who purposely beats/invades a security system.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:19   #4
I am Banned

currently it is CRACKED then smarty pants lol

however the team who cracked the xbox 360 do eventualy hope to be able to install homebrew software on it like they did with the xbox 1 but for now are happy enough that the beat it lol
Old 09-01-2006, 12:47   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
There is a thought within security that says that making stuff hidden only tempts people to beat it. leave it wide open and no-one bothers.
I'd agree with that one, if lots of R & D money wasn't spent on trying to keep things hidden we may also see a reduction in cost to the end user.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:53   #6
God Member

Doing a bit of googling it seems this may actually be a hoax. The website Chav posts even suggests it is delayed due to security issues, they also seem reluctant to confirm any shipping dates etc. Personally whilst I believe it will happen I don't think it is near as yet.

Old 09-01-2006, 14:26   #7
I am Banned

i dont think its a hoax the first xbox modchip had last minuite problems which deleyed its release

at £50 a game the greedy sods deserve top have their console beat if they made the games cheap enough people would buy origionals

anyway i aint touching the 360 yet because i predict a huge price drop when the ps3 comes out to make it even more competetive
Old 09-01-2006, 19:13   #8
God Member

Both will drop dramatically within 12 months of their launch, thats teh nature of the beast.

Old 09-01-2006, 20:10   #9
God Member

The cost of games for these consoles stop me from using my PS2 which my cousins young son now uses as he has a few games of his uncle to play on. If the prices do com down with the release of the PS3 we will have to wait and see.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2006, 00:52   #10
I am Banned

well its officialy beat now

http://www.icemodchip.com/retailers.php
Old 21-05-2006, 02:28   #11

ermm... that last link is a bulls*t site

il not buy a 360 till they have really dropped in price. I dont play much on xbox just use it to watch wrestling when i download it and play on old retro games on spectrum, c64 & amiga
Old 24-05-2006, 17:58   #12
Senior Member+

as a keen enthusiast on the xbox modding scene

the 360 isnt cracked/hacked/chopped/stir fried yet...

give the thing another few months cuz then it'll b about a yr since its release... the big prob iwht it being the whole online thing.

how everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

the 360 can be altered to install linux etc so i'm sure u can play downloaded games via that... lemme check fo u guys
Old 16-06-2006, 07:24   #13
I am Banned

well they are selling xbox 360 consoles at bawlers that are ready modded , altered or whatever you want to call it and have been for some time
Old 17-06-2006, 03:30   #14
Senior Member+

bowlers in manc?
Old 18-06-2006, 10:20   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
bowlers in manc?
yep ..................................................

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..