Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/mancies-thread-the-road-to-the-titles-64407.html)

Barrie Yates 29-11-2013 16:15

Re: Mancie's Thread - The Road to the Titles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 1085730)

We will see Barrie, We will see

Yes we will and finishing above the scousers is always one of our targets, along with the league, the CL and any other pots we can pick up along the way;)
Yes, we played absolute crap against the scousers, but what does that say for them - we won. If we can play crap and win then so be it:alright:
No one with a even a modicum of sense could expect SAF to be bettered or even equalled;) La Crème look to the long term - pity you can't say the same about the scousers - how many managers has there been there in the last 25 years or so? - How much longer will the Beano man get before Enery decides you aren't going anywhere with him except mid-table mediocrity:tongueout
Should be an easy weekend for you, a bit more difficult for us but only time will tell. Rooting for Stanley to carry on with their resurgence and of course it has got to be a bad weekend for the deadwoods as no doubt they will have a match:alright::D

Boeing Guy 29-11-2013 17:59

The problem is, the Mancs have replaced one of the greatest managers in the industry with one who is mediocre. Then against the advice of the former incumbent the new manager changes the whole backroom staff. The result, inconsistencies, winning a few losing a few. He may pick the odd cup up here or there, but this manager has history, 10 years of mid table.
The situation Man U are in is very similar to that of Liverpool under Souness. Only a rose tinnted manc would not see this.

We however have a forward thinking manager, who is trying to build a team that plays good good football and wins. Its a long road, he has money and the backing of the owners.

Having said all this already, I am now sick of repeating myself. I have been waiting 11 games to see the rise of the mancs.......

Barrie Yates 30-11-2013 14:15

[QUOTE=

Having said all this already, I am now sick of repeating myself. I have been waiting 11 games to see the rise of the mancs.......[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong but weren't we more than 3 points behind the scousers only a few weeks ago? Could well be that we are level when you start tomorrow, but maybe not. However with half a season to go, 3 points behind your lot is not too difficult a margin to overcome:alright:

It never was going to be easy for Moyes because he followed the greatest PL manager. In comparison, the Beano man found it much easier to improve on the crap that he replaced - but he has still to prove himself by winning something worthwhile:rolleyes::D

DaveinGermany 30-11-2013 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1085929)
but he has still to prove himself by winning something worthwhile:rolleyes::D

I'd say September 1st 2013 would count. ;)

Boeing Guy 01-12-2013 15:47

Would have been nice to win, but sonetimes things just don't go your way.
Still we are still in the top three, a vast improvement on last years position at this time, 11th?

Barrie Yates 01-12-2013 16:14

[QUOTE=Boeing Guy;1086082]Would have been nice to win, but sonetimes things just don't go your way.
QUOTE]

Bit of a stuffing but that is the way the league is, particularly this season. I suspect there will be many more twists & turns before the end of this season. Waiting to see MoD tonight then I can comment on La Crème;)

Chelsea being outplayed in the first half, Southampton certainly aren't dummies.

Arsenal still going strong but they have some tough games to come in December.

What happened to Stanley, they just don't seem able to string a few wins together but at least they are out of the drop zone:(

I hear that Blackburn have called for an increase in blood donors - so many deadwood supporters and the team are having nosebleeds as a result of the heights they have achieved:alright::D

Barrie Yates 02-12-2013 17:29

Not thrilled by the match at all, but 1 point at Spurs is better than NIL Points at Hull:alright: - only 2 points behind the scousers now but a much more difficult month ahead for La Creme;):D

Boeing Guy 04-12-2013 20:47

Nice to see a bounce back from our hicup at the weekend. 5-1 pretty good.:alright:
Only 3 points between us and Chelsea:D

Funny though I thought the Mancs were catching us, somthing about us being a mid table club???? The gaps now 5 points, still David Moyes has finally managed to get Everton a win at Manchester United:eek:

Barrie Yates 05-12-2013 13:59

What an absolute load of crap - thought I was watching the scousers on one of their normal days.
Can't guess what medication, legal or optherwise that Moyes is taking but..........
Is he the only one who can't see that Fuzzhead is not anywhere the United standard and to play Giggs for two full consecutive games. Smalling is not yet a PL centre half, in time maybe, and he certainly needs to include Nani plus a few others in a January fire sale.
We just don't have a play making attacking midfielder, a couple of promising striker/ attacking midfielders are making their marks in a big way out on loan but we need someone now.
Just hoping that they have been working on someone leading up to the January window.

cashman 05-12-2013 14:24

Lets be honest fuzzhead apart, these are owd red noses gems,:D he sure knew when to bail out.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Boeing Guy 05-12-2013 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1086413)
What an absolute load of crap - thought I was watching the scousers on one of their normal days.
Can't guess what medication, legal or optherwise that Moyes is taking but..........
Is he the only one who can't see that Fuzzhead is not anywhere the United standard and to play Giggs for two full consecutive games. Smalling is not yet a PL centre half, in time maybe, and he certainly needs to include Nani plus a few others in a January fire sale.
We just don't have a play making attacking midfielder, a couple of promising striker/ attacking midfielders are making their marks in a big way out on loan but we need someone now.
Just hoping that they have been working on someone leading up to the January window.

I am sure there are a few at Everton who will no doubt be in 'The Chosen One's' sights:eek:

Boeing Guy 05-12-2013 15:17

In less than 15 League games, David Moyes has turned a Premiership winning side, with a long history of winning and being feared by other clubs, in to 9th....
Even Souness did not do this to us.
Just wait until he buys some more of his own, this is his predicessors side, you know the most sucessful manager in the premier league history.
Its better than car crash tv

cashman 07-12-2013 13:40

Never mind they are still 9th after Newcastle,:D

Boeing Guy 07-12-2013 15:55

2nd place, good old Stoke.
The day just gets better, not bad for a team that were wrote off by Barrie as a 'mid table'club

Barrie Yates 07-12-2013 16:36

I must be feeling like a scouser normally does. I think that United need to go down the scouse road and get rid of this manager - after all, the scousers have gone through 9 managers in the last 30 thirty years, maybe that has eventually worked for them.
Mind you, not the only unexpected result today, or even in the past few weeks.
I haven't seen the game, don't even know who was playing, but Moyes certainly does not grasp the need to sort things out. Time for United to ring the changes now before it gets any worse?
SAF was certainly a good, arguably great, assessor of football talent. Unfortunately his assessment of managers does not appear to be anywhere that level.
My guess, despite the "clubspeak" in public, is that the players have little, if any, confidence in Moyes.
We will see when the spatially challenged lady sings.