Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2011, 08:46   #16
God Member

Re: Champions League Final

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates
Rovers will no doubt be contesting the relegation places
They won't be contesting, they'll be winning a relegation spot if they keep their present manager.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2011, 08:52   #17
Resting in Peace

I wonder why every time the plastic mancs fail they have to placate their short comings by trying to drag other teams into it, when you go round with that holier than thou attitude and "we are united and we do what we want" as a yardstick, you just can't take it when your seen to be lacking in the one department you want to succeed, Europe. Fergie has managed 2 titles in 17 attempts 1 courtesy of 2 injury time goals and the other from a miss kick by and opponent, not really a patch on Paisley, 3 titles in 6 attempts and that was in the day when you had to win it to be in it not come runners up. Is it any wonder that United are hated so much by other fans, its not so much the team but there arrogant trophy hunting fans that are the problem.
Old 29-05-2011, 10:00   #18

Absolutely spot on there Jay.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 10:06   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I wonder why every time the plastic mancs fail they have to placate their short comings by trying to drag other teams into it, when you go round with that holier than thou attitude and "we are united and we do what we want" as a yardstick, you just can't take it when your seen to be lacking in the one department you want to succeed, Europe. Fergie has managed 2 titles in 17 attempts 1 courtesy of 2 injury time goals and the other from a miss kick by and opponent, not really a patch on Paisley, 3 titles in 6 attempts and that was in the day when you had to win it to be in it not come runners up. Is it any wonder that United are hated so much by other fans, its not so much the team but there arrogant trophy hunting fans that are the problem.
as the thread is "Champions League Final" i would say its n ability by some plastics to change direction - move the goalposts.
Old 29-05-2011, 10:21   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
as the thread is "Champions League Final" i would say its n ability by some plastics to change direction - move the goalposts.
Especially the day after their team failed to turn up, seems predictions were right all along all Barca had to do was turn up and collect the trophy which they really did without breaking sweat, was more like a walk in the park really
Old 29-05-2011, 10:57   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Barca have been playing like this for more than a season in the Spanish League and elsewhere. It is obvious that Uncle Alex and his team have not done their homework and for once the Referee came out unscaithed.
Mancie has to be admired for his acceptance and I think others should to.
Man U where stuffed.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 11:46   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39
Man U where stuffed.
Well and truly stuffed. I got home from work and asked my son why he wasn't watching the match, he said it was too embarrassing, he'd never seen such a poor UTD performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
I wonder why every time the plastic mancs fail they have to placate their short comings by trying to drag other teams into it
They don't, it's these Rovers and and other inferior teams' fans who have nothing to shout about themselves who feel they have to laugh at UTD to make up for their own sides shortcomings.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2011, 15:43   #23
Senior Member+

Can,t argue with any of the above, United were outplayed, out coached and looked like they were on the wrong park. Still, a great season but maybe it,s time for the old man to call it a day, the only time they looked "capable" was going forward, you can't stand and watch a team with Barca's skill come at you.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2011, 09:12   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post

They don't, it's these Rovers and and other inferior teams' fans who have nothing to shout about themselves who feel they have to laugh at UTD to make up for their own sides shortcomings.
That's where YOUR wrong, I have always something to shout about, because I'm not a plastic supporter. When you compare teams like Rovers Bolton and Wigan who have now clocked up 27 consecutive seasons in the Top Flight between them, which an achievement in itself, that really is something to shout about, plus the fact that Rovers and Bolton are two teams that give their fans most value for money speaks volumes really, especially when United come out as the real rip of merchants and bottom of that league, and that doesn't include travelling expenses
Old 30-05-2011, 22:33   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Get a grip man, you are losing control ..you've have already said you detest United and most of your posts reflect your hatred.. that's fair enough but you can expect some retaliation...don't get all worked up!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..