Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2007, 21:17   #1
Senior Member+

Copa America

Is anyone watching any of this on Sky Sports?

I've seen a few games and I've come to the conclusion that South American football is utter tripe. The games are so boring and the diving is abysmal!

It's no wonder they're always having revolutions down there.
Old 01-07-2007, 21:47   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Copa America

Having attended a few matches in Peru, I've got to say that they're mucho loco! At the last match I went to, there was an altercation between the players which eventually involved the majority of both teams. The ref was having difficulty controlling the situation, so the army came onto the pitch and separated the players at gunpoint!

And as for hooliganism being a British disease, it kicked off outside to a frightening extent. Me and Mrs H had to seek refuge in a church, to get out of the way of it all. At that moment in time, I was really wishing that I was walking up Livingstone Road at ten-to-five on a wet Saturday afternoon!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 01-07-2007 at 21:53.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:15   #3
Senior Member+

Hehehe... sounds very interesting.

I saw an episode of "The Real Football Factories - International" on Bravo, where he went to a few games in Argentina. The violence was unbelievable and it was like an all out war at times.

Last week's programme saw him go to Brazil and while travelling back from an end of season game, the coach came under fire from gunmen in a car.

As you say, makes you long for the relative safety of the Crown.
Old 06-07-2007, 18:47   #4

I saw a game last weekend and your right it was utter rubbish, the diving was incredible and some of the decisions the referee was making were terrible. In fact i did feel sorry for the ref as every foul was a "kick off" with the players complaining. I would like to watch Argentina but I cant stay up long enough to watch. Im out cold by 10.30!
Old 07-07-2007, 17:18   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Lantern View Post
I saw a game last weekend and your right it was utter rubbish, the diving was incredible and some of the decisions the referee was making were terrible. In fact i did feel sorry for the ref as every foul was a "kick off" with the players complaining. I would like to watch Argentina but I cant stay up long enough to watch. Im out cold by 10.30!
I know the feeling. It on too late, especially when you have work in the morning.

Thinking about it, I should have cancelled Sky Sports over the Summer months.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:23   #6
Super Moderator

Got to agree the football does get tedious. Some nice individual moves but it never seems to go anywhere. The other thing is, there's a constant procession of people walking past trying to sell you snacks, drinks, fags, merchandise, in fact, anything, which tends to deflect your attention somewhat!
Old 08-07-2007, 15:09   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The other thing is, there's a constant procession of people walking past trying to sell you snacks, drinks, fags, merchandise, in fact, anything, which tends to deflect your attention somewhat!
I hope that's not in your front room while you're watching football on the telly?
Old 11-07-2007, 13:22   #8
Senior Member+

Watched 2 games , well a bit of two games , the game when mexico beat brazil and when argentina played peru i went upstairs for ten minutes and argentina where 4-0 up i was like what! Lol Its good football though and enjoy when i watch it.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 23:41   #9
Senior Member+

Its ok for football withdrawal but it is tedious. The final should be Ok Brazil v Argies.
Are you getting the u20 world cup in the UK? that shows some really good football. Pity England doesn't enter they would do well in it.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..