Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 10:33   #91
God Member

Re: Rovers v Man Utd

So none of you lot chat or have opinions about any other football teams? Apart from looking out for Stanley because you saw them a few times when Queen Vic was on the throne of course.

Were you indifferent and uttered not a word in the pub over City's recent takeover? You acted in the same vain over the Mike Ashley business? Robinho's signing and Terry's rescinded red card?

Of course you didn't. Guess what? It's the exact same situation as sharing your view on here. 'Keep your concerns with your own team' - utter rubbish. Of course everyone's first concern by way of football issues is their own team, but it'd be a sheltered life if that was all.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2008, 11:09   #92
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Yes, the not forgettable intentional leg out to trip OUR player over, the incidents at the FES when ince managed MK, the verbal arrogance & violence to our players, staff & even our very own HARWOOD RED!!

Yet most were having a go at our chairman for his loose tongue of launguage, which was not as offensive to what ince said to a woman

So thats why we have a low opinion, we've dealt with him longer than u guys - so be warned!
Now let me see, where did the MC Dons finish last season and where dd Stanley finish
Old 06-10-2008, 11:24   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Now let me see, where did the MC Dons finish last season and where dd Stanley finish
This being the first installment of jaysay's new course... 'how to avoid the actual issue and be utterly irrelevant'.

Keep on your rose tinted glasses all you wish Rovers fans, but you cannot avoid the fact that Ince acted like a right royal prat to Stanley players and supporters alike. There is no justification for the disgusting insult he barked at one of our fans, nor can slapping and tripping opposition players from the touchline be excused. That, fellas, is nothing to do with sour grapes. It's cold hard fact.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:50   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Yes, the not forgettable intentional leg out to trip OUR player over, the incidents at the FES when ince managed MK, the verbal arrogance & violence to our players, staff & even our very own HARWOOD RED!!

Yet most were having a go at our chairman for his loose tongue of launguage, which was not as offensive to what ince said to a woman

So thats why we have a low opinion, we've dealt with him longer than u guys - so be warned!
well aware of that, as i told H.R. was disgraceful n cowardly IMHO, only difference is was not on " National Television" n was not n oppertunity to give good signals about the club, if ya can't see that difference i despair.
Old 06-10-2008, 14:25   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well aware of that, as i told H.R. was disgraceful n cowardly IMHO, only difference is was not on " National Television" n was not n oppertunity to give good signals about the club, if ya can't see that difference i despair.

Looks like u despair then or obviously dont watch MOTD then, i can make out & lip read incey & other managers swearing easily especially at refs !! Quite blatently! Did ya watch the Peterborough docu, same happened then, whether agree or not launguage is still apparent.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 14:26   #96
God Member

Quote:
Hahahaha Jaysay hahhaha dont make me laugh, mind u just convinced me Incy is really in the right place & team

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 06-10-2008, 14:29   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
This being the first installment of jaysay's new course... 'how to avoid the actual issue and be utterly irrelevant'.

Keep on your rose tinted glasses all you wish Rovers fans, but you cannot avoid the fact that Ince acted like a right royal prat to Stanley players and supporters alike. There is no justification for the disgusting insult he barked at one of our fans, nor can slapping and tripping opposition players from the touchline be excused. That, fellas, is nothing to do with sour grapes. It's cold hard fact.
very true shaker, but ya cant argue with a rovers fan [poss why they dont keep it to their forums] they argue like a politician & sulk when lose the point litterally in my observation

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 06-10-2008, 16:35   #98
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Hahahaha Jaysay hahhaha dont make me laugh, mind u just convinced me Incy is really in the right place & team
Ya three divisions above your lot and the way things are going could be four next season
Old 06-10-2008, 18:15   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ya three divisions above your lot and the way things are going could be four next season
Very, very easy to support a premiership team fella, how many of those die hards at Ewood would be on here boasting if they fell to Stanley's level.

Try Prescot Cables or Vauxhall Motors away on a Tuesday night instead of Old TRafford .......

Easy being "successful"!!!!

We will always have as committed & passionate fans as your lot, in fact I remember a Rovers bURNLEY game when 6 Stanley fans paid £125 each to fly a plane over Turf Moor. Now I know that you started the trend, but then you have more fans, bigger town etc

On Stanley On, punching above our weight with pride since 1999.......

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Last edited by Willie Miller; 06-10-2008 at 18:18.
Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 18:37   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

jaysay like me willie went down rovers in 62 when stanley no longer had a team n weve seen some crap times, so yer premiership being very very easy to support is complete tripe, but expect nothing less.
Old 06-10-2008, 18:49   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
jaysay like me willie went down rovers in 62 when stanley no longer had a team n weve seen some crap times, so yer premiership being very very easy to support is complete tripe, but expect nothing less.
In 62 I was still 11 years from being found hidden with all the gooseberries.....

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 19:06   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
In 62 I was still 11 years from being found hidden with all the gooseberries.....
well at least yer human, i came from another planet.
Old 06-10-2008, 19:53   #103
God Member

Quote:
well at least yer human, i came from another planet.
Me too Cashy................Planet Football.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 20:42   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post

Try Prescot Cables or Vauxhall Motors away on a Tuesday night instead of Old TRafford ......
Hahahaha classic I DO MATE I can think of a few more that are even more bleak then them like Eccleshall LOL. Now that is a place
Old 07-10-2008, 03:34   #105
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Quite correct cashy, I was at Wembley for 1960 cup final I was 12 years old at the time, went to my first game when I was six, and until the onset of poor health, was a season ticket holder and I travelled all over the country watching the lads play, so lets not go down the road of just supporting the Rovers now they are a Prem club, as you say cashy we've seen some crap times too, as wll as the good times. But I've said before I am a Rovers supporter first, but like to see Stanley doing well, I have had numbers in the weekly draw for years, I know it ain't much but If everybody in Hyndburn had a ticket, Stanley would be in a better position financially

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..