Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2009, 18:44   #1
Junior Member+

Save Stirling Albion

Hi all,

You have maybe read a bit of the media coverage about our campaign to save my wee club Stirling Albion. If not, then here is a link to one of the articles-

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/2009/05...86908-21336456/

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/...;TEAMHD=soccer#

Our club is going to fold if we dont do something and we are trying to get as many "real" football fans signed up to our campaign as possible. We need you guys who are as equally passionate about your team as we are at our wee club to sign up- I am sure you couldn't imagine life without your team to watch on a Saturday- we are the same at Stirling.

We basically have the begging bowl out to fans of all clubs to help us save our club.

Our current chairman has been in charge for over 25 years and has brought us to the brink of financial collapse. If sucessful, we aim to never be in debt again and involve the local communty to try and build a decent support in years to come.

For your £40 investment, you would have a real say in the running of our club, but note, this is not like the Ebbsfleet model thats been done before. We will return your money if we are unsucessful at taking over our club (see our terms and conditions). Any businesses can also help and there is details on the website as well.

To read more about our plans, please visit Buy Stirling Albion FC - Homepage

Thanks for reading.
MIFTHEBINO is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2009, 18:46   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Save Stirling Albion

spam
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 19:46   #3
Junior Member+

If you class this thread as spam, then please delete it. I thought your club fans would have been more sypathetic
Old 13-05-2009, 20:57   #4
Senior Member+

Ignore that idiot who posted spam.

Best of luck mate i will take a look at the site now. Hadnt heard of this until you brought it to my attention.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 21:18   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Ignore that idiot who posted spam.

Best of luck mate i will take a look at the site now. Hadnt heard of this until you brought it to my attention.
I must agree...This is an idiots response to a legitimat reqest from a member of this forum.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 22:00   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Don't class this as spam.
Old 14-05-2009, 08:44   #7
Junior Member+

Cheers guys and many thanks for taking a look.
Old 29-05-2009, 22:12   #8
Junior Member+

The campaign team is doubling it's efforts to try and get fans of other teams to sign up as imost people get paid at this time of the month.

Please,please,please sign up to the campaign, every membership counts if we are to save our wee club.

At the end of the day, all your risking is £5 as you will get £35 back of your money if it doesn't come off and a part of our club if it does.

Thanks again to all those who have signed up- please spread the word to friends and family.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:43   #9
Junior Member+

With father's day coming round, whats more quirkier than giving a membership as a present to your father or father in law. I think most sports daft dad's would love to own a piece of a senior football club. If you want the membership sent out for Fathers day, please send us an e-mail ([email protected]) once you have bought their membership (please use their details so it goes out to them).

Buy Stirling Albion FC - Homepage

If you dont want to do it over the net, please send a cheque to

Stirling Albion supporters trust
PO Box 21602
STIRLING
FK7 1DD

with your details (or a letter saying if it's for fathers day for someone else) and make it out to "Stirling Albion Supporters Trust."

The campaign is ongoing, so please consider us for a membership, every membership is vital to us.
Old 11-06-2009, 16:11   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFTHEBINO View Post
With father's day coming round, whats more quirkier than giving a membership as a present to your father or father in law. I think most sports daft dad's would love to own a piece of a senior football club. If you want the membership sent out for Fathers day, please send us an e-mail ([email protected]) once you have bought their membership (please use their details so it goes out to them).

If you don't want to do it over the net, please send a cheque to

PO Box 21602
STIRLING
FK7 1DD

with your details (or a letter saying if it's for fathers day for someone else) and make it out to "Stirling Albion Supporters Trust."

The campaign is ongoing, so please consider us for a membership, every membership is vital to us.
Not wishing to dishearten you, but if you take a look in the Accrington Stanley Section of this site I think you may find that we are having one or two problems ourselves on the financial side of things
Old 14-06-2009, 17:52   #11

I would like to know, as I don't have a cheque book, would you accept a postal order? I stay in the Clackmannanshire area and would like to get a membership for myself and my dad, for fathers day.
leb00009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 09:53   #12
Junior Member+

Sorry, I never got back to you quicker, but yes. You can also do payment via paypal if that helps. Many thanks for signing up, it's greatly appreciated.

PO Box 21602
STIRLING
FK7 1DD

We are collecting old mobile phones for recycling for the campaign. Not only does it help the environment but our cause will benefit by at least £5.00 when you donate your old mobile. It is easy and it costs you nothing to do.

Send as many old mobiles (removing sim card first) as you can find to:

FREEPOST
RRRA-CZXK-UKEK
Stirling Albion
Vulcan Road North
Norwich
NR6 6AQ.

Most people have old phones tucked away in their homes so please send as many away as possible as this could earn the campaign a lot of money. It doesn't matter if they are broke as we will still get money for them.

There is now a full campaign update for June here-

RedWeb - StirlingAlbionFC.com
Old 23-06-2009, 09:48   #13
Junior Member+

Both Andy and Jamie Murray have signed up for their £40 memberships to save their local club, Stirling Albion. This is fantastic news for us and it means we now have Ronaldo, Andy & Jamie Murray, Steven Caldwell (Burnley), Gary Caldwell, Carlos Alberto, Stephen Hendry (snooker champ), Nick Nairn (chef), Justin and Colin (Designers) and Frank Skinner have all signed up as well as a few local celebs. We are hoping this might spur more people onto signing up due to Murray Mania at Wimbledon.

To read about Andy and Jamie signing up, see the link below-

Andy Murray signs up to help save stricken Stirling Albion.. the team his grandad played for - The Daily Record
Old 16-10-2009, 16:47   #14
Junior Member+

Alright people,

Our chairman knocked back our offer to buy the club in July. Since then, the campaign has still been ongoing, whilst the club has been hit with a rent bill of £67k. If they dont pay this by the end of November, then we will get kicked out of our ground.

In the light of this news, we are doubling our efforts to try and sell memberships and t-shirts. The more money we have, the more chance we will have of saving our club, especially if it goes into administration.

With only 10 weeks left to Christmas, we are trying to get football fans of all teams to buy friends and family a membership for their Christamas.

For this, they will technically own a piece of Stirling Albion when we buy over the club. They will also have all the benefits of having this. This will eventually happen as the chairman is getting more and more desperate.

Certainly if your looking for something different to buy a football daft friend/family member, then why not buy them a Scottish club!!

Please help us save my club by buying a membership or t-shirt.

Full details are on here to buy a membership or a t-shirt-

For those who have signed up, you should receive an e-mail or letter in the next week.

For full news on what we have done, you can check out the trust website at-

Welcome to the Stirling Albion Supporters' Trust Site

If we are not able to buy the club, then all members will receive £35 back- like I say, we will do it.

The collection for old mobiles is still on the go as well. Please help by sending any unwanted phones (Please remove the sim) to-

FREEPOST
RRRA-CZXK-UKEK
Stirling Albion
Vulcan Road North
Norwich
NR6 6AQ

Thanks in advance- it's great, greatly appreciated.

PS. If you have any questions, please e-mail me on [email protected]
Old 03-07-2010, 11:45   #15
Junior Member+

Woo Hoo, we did it.

BBC Sport - Football - Stirling Albion fans finalise takeover of club

Many, Many, Thanks to everyone on here who helped by buying a membership/sending in phones,etc,etc. Members now own part of a club.

Our new community website will be getting updated on a more regular basis in the coming months so look out for updates on there-

The Stirling Albion Community - Home of the Supporters Trust

For anyone still wanting to be a member- you still can! Memberships are still £40 and can be purchased from the above website. £40 to say you own part of a senior football club- what a topic starter when you in the pub lol.

We are currently doing an online spot the ball competition where, for a quid, you could win up to £100k. In the same time, you will be helping to stabilise the club. If you thought, I would like to help, but £40 is too much", then here is your chance to help us for only a quid and in turn, have the chance of winning some serious cash.

Untitled Document

We effectly went from £1.6m of debt to about £300k of debt through buying the club and it's our goal to get this to £0 in the next 3 years to secure the future of the club. We will be bring SAFC to the communtiy and will be tapping into the uni here as well as the business community. After three years, kids will get in free so we can build a future support.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..