Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2004, 16:10   #1
Resting in Peace

downloads

Anyone know of a good site to download FREE mp3 music from ?
i'm after a a CD of a old group Boney M any help would be great

Last edited by Mick; 15-04-2004 at 16:20.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2004, 16:22   #2
God Member

Re: downloads

try kazaa,http://www.kazaalite.com/
its what i use

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 16:23   #3

I use winmx mick its pretty good. give it a whirl
http//www.winmx.com

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 17:12   #4
I am Band

i also use WinMX. i've not had any problems with it so far, but i cannot seem to be able to download at more than 55kbps even though its a broadband connection alledgedly running at 572kbps.
Heard a few horror stories about kazaa being rife with viruses. I remember someone posting about it on Accyweb a couple of weeks back, but i can't remember who.
Currently got 9 downloads in active progress on WinMX, as i write. If you play around with the settings, it can be very productive. No wonder 'Our Price' shut down.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 17:41   #5

Do NOT use Kazaa. It's absaloutely full of viruses and Kazaa lite isn't much better. You're better off saving up money and buying a CD.
Old 15-04-2004, 18:03   #6
Accrington Web Mascot

Anyone else had trouble getting onto the WinMX website? Would really like to try downloading some music - bought some blank CD's nearly a year a go & not figured out how to do it yet!!! (without paying that is)
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 18:05   #7
I am Band

just done a search for Boney M on WinMx. 880 matches including 'Gold' their 'best of' album, and various other albums. i hope this is food for thought, Mick.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 20:13   #8
Senior Member+

i use kazaa lite++

along with 2 spyware and adaware removing programs and norton 2004, no problems
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 20:22   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyStanFan
i use kazaa lite++

along with 2 spyware and adaware removing programs and norton 2004, no problems
Same here, never had a virus downloading music off there, had a few while downloading programs though but anti-virus always stopped them.
I have tried the winmx but it was too slow compared to Kazaa, dont know if it speeds up like Kazaa when you share a lot of files though, With Kazaa the more you share the faster you download

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 21:02   #10
Senior Member+

with kazaa u can preview, not spending 5 hour downloading a video file if its the wrong one.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2004, 16:20   #11
Resting in Peace

thanks to all i know have what i want winmx used
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2004, 20:04   #12

Thumbs up Re: downloads

Kazzalite is a cracked version of Kazza - I use it and haven't had any probs, although I aint saying that that is gospel - just my experience. Some Kazza users have been taken to court in the USA and it will happen over here as well in a while so I hear.

Sparkologist - It doesn't matter how fast your connection is..the download speed depends on the other persons connection amongst other things such as traffic. If the other person has a dial-up 56k modem then it doesn't matter if you have the dogs connection/transfer rate...if they cant send it at 20/30 or 55 kbps then you wont get it at that speed regardless of your set-up. Think of it as a tube running from tyem to you - at your end the tube might have a large diameter and therefore able to receive large amounts of data, yet at their end the tube has a narrow diameter and they aren't capable of matching the flow you are able to receive. Sorry if this is telling you how to suck eggs!...it bugged me for a while too!
Old 25-05-2004, 20:07   #13

Unhappy Re: downloads

By the way it's not Kazza the program thats full of viruses, its the evil little buggers who share virused files on there!
Old 26-05-2004, 13:04   #14

I am not too sure that Roy will be best pleased with this thread, if you are going to download music illegally then it's probably not a good idea to shout about it on a public forum.
jrenshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2004, 18:12   #15

Exclamation Re: downloads

Well, if you like it good enough, you should just buy it, but sometimes I download some music just for computer even though I have it on a cd. Anyway, there is this program that is very rare called kazaa reserection. Not sure if I spelled it right, but its suppose to be better then lite. Best of luck!
tonygillis is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..