Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2004, 13:05   #1
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Forthcoming Gigs

Do you know of any good concerts or shows. If so post the details on here.

Paul Weller has announced a new North West date. He is playing on the 14th November at Blackpool and at Manchester Apollo on the 16th Nov. These dates have sold out so he is doing an extra night on Wednesday 17th November at the Apollo, tickets are still available. You can buy online at
http://www.alive.co.uk/apollo/
or ring the Century FM Concert line on 08712221054 then choose option 3.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2004, 13:31   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Forthcoming Gigs

Andrew Lloyd-Webber's Cats will be on at Manchester Opera House from 30/08/04 until 11/09/04
Tickets are available at http://www.cclive.co.uk/ccHome.asp?wid=1
or ring the box office on 0161 242 2524
Have seen this show several years ago, and have to say that I've never seen such brilliant dancing on stage.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 19:37   #3
I am Band

Last Saturday night, whilst listening to 'On the Wire' on Radio Lancashire, it was mentioned that a local promoter, Songmachine, have a two day music festival lined up for the King St. Pub, next to the bowling alley & cinema complex.

The event is to be held on the weekend of July 17th & 18th. On both days, first band on stage is at 2:00pm, with the headline act, The Burn, from Blackburn on stage at 10:00pm on Saturday.
On Sunday, the headline act is The Milltown Brothers, from Nelson. Again they are on stage from 10:00pm.

Tickets are £8 in advance, or £9 on the door, contact King St. Pub Co. 01254 233082

Further details of the set-lists and timing can be found at: http://www.thesongmachine.co.uk/

This is an Accrington music promoter showcasing East Lancs musical talent in your town. How easy do you want it?

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 10-07-2004 at 21:19.
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2004, 22:34   #4

Quazfest 3

Slack Babbath (Tony I'm Lonely's last gig!)
Ironically Maiden
Motorheadache
Asimov
Antimony

Keirby Hotel, Burnley
Sat. 7th Aug. 2pm 'til 12am
All day bar!
DJs
Stalls.
Double rooms available in the hotel for £35 per night (breakfast is extra)

Tickets on sale now at Weird & Wonderfull (Standish st. Burnley) and Hellraisers (Parliment st. Burnley) £6.00 (£7 on the door)

This gig will be recorded in audio and video with a view to releasing a live CD & DVD
Check the guestbook at www.slackbabbath.co.uk for updates.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..