Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 12:09   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Jimi Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
King Otis also has a new album out...

Otis Redding: Lonely & Blue :: Music :: Reviews :: Paste
That albums a must fer me.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 04-04-2013, 18:28   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Sadly Hendrix's life was cut short before he could fulfill his real potential, I think he would have gone a lot further with sound distortion than he did, using controlled feedback was something else.
Hendrix would have probably liked Acid House! No joke

Last edited by kestrelx; 04-04-2013 at 18:31.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:18   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Hendrix would have probably liked Acid House! No joke

Like a hole in the head
Old 05-04-2013, 08:05   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Like a hole in the head
He never fails does he Rob
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:36   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Like a hole in the head
Some of the music you like I wouldn't listen to in a month of Sundays!

Hendrix was into sound effects and so on - when Acid House first came out it was about using technology and making sound effects - it was rumoured Hendrix if stayed alive would have gone in the direction of music like Earth Wind and Fire/Sly Stone etc which is linked to Disco which House music was similar to etc

Sound effects to a simple beat!

Last edited by kestrelx; 06-04-2013 at 12:41.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 13:54   #21
Resting in Peace

More rantings from a druggie
Old 06-04-2013, 19:48   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Some of the music you like I wouldn't listen to in a month of Sundays!
Oh Join the list of almost everyone I know
Quote:
Hendrix was into sound effects and so on - when Acid House first came out it was about using technology and making sound effects
Oh I like Guitar effects too.

The king of guitar sound effects ^ is it the natural progression for this guy to also make Acid House?

Quote:
it was rumored....
Rumors? Do these people have a machine that have glimpses into alternative dimensions/timelines - Speculations - To be fair not one person can say this is true or false. We can not know for certain - we can only speculate and formulate our own opinion on it - I don't give two craps for rumors. I don't agree with you - That is my opinion. However. I can't see what my taste in music has to do with it.

Quote:
Sly Stone etc which is linked to Disco which House music was similar to etc.
Never was much into Jimi Hendrix myself and I was never into acid house whatsoever - Does this perhaps mean there is some connection between Jimi and Acid House? I do however like Sly Stone. Well. I should say - I like Sly Stone a little I get what you are saying about the connections... like Reggae formed the base for rock and roll ETC... I think mentioning Sly is a bit off base though. The first singer that comes into mind when I think of Sly and the progression of music is Jamiroquai

However. Sadly - Most people will just read your post as another attempt of namedropping drugs(Just like Jaysay above)......And I am sure you know the backstory of why they named it Acid House... Of which does not need to be elaborated here.

Edit - Why is my post a big link?

Last edited by Restless; 06-04-2013 at 19:52. Reason: why is my post a big link?
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:40   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh Join the list of almost everyone I know

Oh I like Guitar effects too.

The king of guitar sound effects ^ is it the natural progression for this guy to also make Acid House?

Rumors? Do these people have a machine that have glimpses into alternative dimensions/timelines - Speculations - To be fair not one person can say this is true or false. We can not know for certain - we can only speculate and formulate our own opinion on it - I don't give two craps for rumors. I don't agree with you - That is my opinion. However. I can't see what my taste in music has to do with it.

Never was much into Jimi Hendrix myself and I was never into acid house whatsoever - Does this perhaps mean there is some connection between Jimi and Acid House? I do however like Sly Stone. Well. I should say - I like Sly Stone a little I get what you are saying about the connections... like Reggae formed the base for rock and roll ETC... I think mentioning Sly is a bit off base though. The first singer that comes into mind when I think of Sly and the progression of music is Jamiroquai

However. Sadly - Most people will just read your post as another attempt of namedropping drugs(Just like Jaysay above)......And I am sure you know the backstory of why they named it Acid House... Of which does not need to be elaborated here.

Edit - Why is my post a big link?
Common sense Rob
Old 09-04-2013, 10:19   #24
Super Moderator

Quote:
like Reggae formed the base for rock and roll ETC
Sorry, Rob, but I've got to say you're talking through your hat there!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:01   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Oops I meant to write that the other way around...
Old 09-04-2013, 14:11   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oops I meant to write that the other way around...
Closer, but Rhythm & Blues was the root of reggae. R&B was hugely popular in JA in the 50's via the big sound systems who played at big open air dances. When R&B started to die out in the late 50's, the sound system owners needed fresh records to play, so they got local musicians to record their own original version of R&B, which came out with a distinctly Jamaican slant - this morphed into ska which, in turn, morphed in rocksteady which morphed into reggae.

That's an abbreviated version, but I don't want to bore you too much!
cashman and Restless like this.
Old 09-04-2013, 17:20   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I always thought R and R came from the deep south blues Wyn the likes of Muddy Waters and John Lee Hooker
Old 09-04-2013, 18:26   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I always thought R and R came from the deep south blues Wyn the likes of Muddy Waters and John Lee Hooker
It did to some extent but it came far more from the big city Rhythm & Blues like Big Joe Turner ("Shake Rattle & Roll" covered by Bill Haley), Wynonie Harris ("Good Rockin Tonight" covered by Elvis) and others!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..