Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: What type of music do you like?
Rock/Metal 22 30.56%
Rave/Dance/Trance/Techno 11 15.28%
Pop 9 12.50%
R 'N B 9 12.50%
Classical 5 6.94%
Other (Please specify in a post) 16 22.22%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2004, 10:46   #16

Re: Let's have a vote

The modern R 'N B should not be called that. Its nothing like what the original r n b was, theyve just ruined it.
Old 01-06-2004, 14:48   #17
Senior Member+

I like all kinds of music , but the best has to be the 60's for me.
Old 01-06-2004, 18:41   #18
I am Band

What genre of music do i like? Well... these are some of the type of choons cluttering up my iPod:

The Jam, The Clash, Madness, lots of Punk & New Wave compilations from the late 70s & early 80s. Those were the sounds of my formative years.

Soul: Mainly Stax (Otis Redding, Booker T & the MGs etc) and Atlantic, some Motown and Philidelphia soul.

Jazz: How about John Coltrane, or Winton Marsalis - Hot House Flowers, or Clarence Clemons, the sax player with Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band.

Ska: The original stuff like Toots & the Maytals, Prince Buster etc. Some of this would get Brian Potter out of his wheelchair and on the dancefloor - it's that infectious.

Reggae: Peter Tosh, Bob Marley, the laid back sounds of the Carribean.

The more chilled out side of dance: Lots of Faithless, Leftfield, The Orb, Orbital, Underworld...

Bangin' Tunes: Chemical Brothers.

Proper chilled out: From before the phrase 'chill-out' was invented, and before Enigma jumped on the bandwagon; Tangerine Dream

What genre are the Blue Nile? does it really matter, because nobody can write torch songs like they can, their album 'Hats' gets plenty of airplay.

Is there room for Francis Albert.. on this thread coz he's kicking around on my player, especially his Swing and Big Band colaborations.

It's a fair bet to say i'll listen to most music from today to many years before i was born. The only exception is Rap. This in 'your face' music with attitude does absolutely nowt for me, but there is always 'the exception that proves the rule', that would have to be Run DMC & Aerosmith - Walk this Way.

Perhaps one of the options on the poll should be 'Schizophrenic'. I prefer 'Diverse'.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 02-06-2004 at 04:36.
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2004, 18:17   #19

Exclamation Re: Let's have a vote

I like some pop, but the main kind of music I like is rock. Bands like AFI, Blink 182 isn't bad. Thats some of them. I'm also just started to get into Nirvana. I like them a lot. I don't like the heavy metal though....
tonygillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2004, 20:49   #20
God Member

I like all kinds of music, it depends what mood I'm in, but tend to prefer bands who write and perform their own, not keen on boyband/girlband crud. Current favourites are U2, Keane, Eurythmics can listen to these all day.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2004, 21:37   #21

A Tealeaf 2 eh?
SpecialD and DJ sammy r 2 cool
Old 05-07-2004, 16:42   #22
Junior Member+

I like everything except (jazz Blues & Tecno) hate them
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 16:45   #23
Junior Member+

Oh & I forgot Manufactured Bands (Karaoke singers with no talent)
Old 05-07-2004, 19:14   #24
Junior Member+

This is one of my mates bands (GREED) in Paderborn very heavy

http://www.greed82.de/
Old 05-07-2004, 22:14   #25
Always EVIL within us

Personally, I love ANY music that is free to listen to and available on win mx, The bible of shared music.
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 23:21   #26
Resident Waffler

I like such a long list of assorted stuff. Quick look at what's on my PC and it ranges from Faure to Alice Cooper including Joan Baez, Beatles, Beach Boys and Weird Al Yankovic.

Not much I don't like -- apart from RAP.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2004, 16:50   #27
Resting in peace

Why can't we vote for more than one? My tastes run from Mozart to Meatloaf, with a lot of diversions along the way.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2004, 18:22   #28

I've always considered that there are only two types of music. Good and Bad. I like the good stuff.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:40   #29
Junior Member+

I voted for RnB, but i also like some pop, but not the manufactured trash, reggae, rap, plus stuff by bands like Keane, im easily pleased!
Sophi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2004, 15:47   #30
Senior Member+

I'm with Ellie in terms of music tastes, but isn't there another similar thread somewhere?

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..