Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2005, 17:33   #1
God Member

Song Association

Songs have a knack of taking you back to certain points in life ....... sometimes bad (I think we've all done the drunken crying over ex's to the latest love song and at the time your convinced the artist wrote it for the 2 of you) but more often good

Significant songs for me are the no 1 in the charts when my kids were born, Healing Hands by Elton John was in the charts when mine and Slink's Dad was really poorly (still can't listen to that song even now) but one that sticks out for it's comical element for me is Careless Whisper!

I'll set the scene first .......... Christmas 1994, had a cracking night out round Town with the girls and had been chatting to a gorgeous guy up Lar De Dars for a while. Careless Whisper comes on for the last dance and of course the obligatory Christmas snog ...... BUT half way through this bloke decides to pick me up and swing me round and resulted in me kicking a woman in the head that was sat on a stool at the side ................ laugh I nearly peed myself .... after I'd apologised so I can't listen to that song now without getting a fit of giggles!

Anyone else any song associated tales ?

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 24-08-2005 at 22:20.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2005, 19:52   #2
God Member

Re: Song Association

What a good thread Tinks, there has been quite a lot of sloppy songs over the years that take me back to whoever broke my heart at the time, I'm racking my brain to think of other scenarios, quite a lot of songs that were in the charts in the late 80's remind me of holidays and nights out, I cant think of anything specific just yet but will have a think about it.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2005, 20:02   #3
God Member

Sunshine on a rainy day...........first tape I ever owned, dad bought me that one.

Brian Adam's-robin hood, the time tinks ran away from home and left me in a mad house all by myself, I hate her for that still, maybe i could have been sane if she had stayed.

I'm sure I will think of some more...................
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2005, 20:10   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Brian Adam's-robin hood, the time tinks ran away from home and left me in a mad house all by myself, I hate her for that still, maybe i could have been sane if she had stayed

I'm sorry hun ....... brought up in that mad house we were never gonna be sane thankgod!!!

mm Bryan Adams, Everything I do ............. I had that bought fior me by 3 different lads in the 13 or so weeks that it was in the charts .......... WHAT!! I was only young
Old 24-08-2005, 20:20   #5

saturday night by wigfield reminds me of school discos!!! ah the fun of those good old days...
Old 24-08-2005, 20:37   #6
God Member

R. kelly - ignition........my neice ebony was born

U 2 - vertigo - my nephew connor was born (first time i had been there when a baby was actually born).

beutiful - james blunt - No Comment

Olive - you're not alone - my !st son was born

Cher - believe - My second son was born and my dad died.

Puff daddy and faith evans - i'll be missing you - my nan died.

celine dion - baby think twice - I met my hubby (he he he memories).

Spice girls - Say you'll be there - I got married.

U B 40 - I can't help falling in love with you........- ex boyfriend (tut)...

Snap - rhythem is a dancer - some top times with Tinks........

Bombalurina - itsy bitsy teeny weeny, poker dot bikini - another ex lmfao.

Madonna - Like a prayer - BEING stuck in a wardrobe watching tinks sing in the mirror with her hair brush for an hour, lmfao (oooops sorry).

Los labos - la bamba - on holiday with tinks and my granma in benidorm......(tinks being made to dance with a lad that had a twin brother, she really didn't want to, but gran went mad at her for being such a morbid cow lol)

Jim Diomand - I should have known better - LMFAO Tinks used to love this song, our mum had a video of him singing. Tinks watched this every night without fail for about a year. I couldn't help but take the mick and very often got a beating for it. BUT god it was funny......
Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
Officer and a gentleman (excuse me while i visit the loo)....
Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
That remind me of that dodgy drink driving advert they used to show in the summer months.

Dont know who sang it but the song goes like this........Naughty naughty Naughty, ha ha o no you don't, naughty naughty naughty.............lmao this reminds me of hours me and Tinks spent bouncing on my mum and dads bed when we lived on Manor Street.

Oh well that's it for the time being, my memories are giving me some pain (just laughing at them lmao) oooooooooo lol

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2005, 20:37   #7

My Sweet Lord: Remember the song been played on hospital radio after i had my appendix out.
Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2005, 20:49   #8
God Member

OMFG!!! lmfao!!!!!!!!!! Whatever Slink has put in this thread all lies I never did singing into the mirror to Madonna honestly tut!!

2 Unlimited reminds me of spending hours driveing ....... well just about anywere and getting lost in Moss Side Manchester at the height of its bad reputation. We had a little old golf and capri both black with blacked out windows and the locals didn't appreciate us driveing round ....... a change of underwear was needed when we got home!!!

Quote:
R. kelly - ignition........my neice ebony was born

Mine for Eb is Dilemma Nelly and Kelly

Quote:
U 2 - vertigo - my nephew connor was born (first time i had been there when a baby was actually born).

I agree

Quote:
beutiful - james blunt - No Comment

I also agree no comment

Quote:
Cher - believe - My second son was born and my dad died.

Reminds me of our other 'lovely' sister screaming on a karaoke

Quote:
Puff daddy and faith evans - i'll be missing you - my nan died.

yep I agree

Quote:
celine dion - baby think twice - I met my hubby (he he he memories).

Reminds me of the silly lyrics we used to make up .... mine for meeting mt is Human League When Will I See You Again

Quote:
Snap - rhythem is a dancer - some top times with Tinks........

Have you got your keys have you got your cigarettes is another

Quote:
Madonna - Like a prayer - BEING stuck in a wardrobe watching tinks sing in the mirror with her hair brush for an hour, lmfao (oooops sorry).

b***h!!!

Quote:
Jim Diomand - I should have known better - LMFAO Tinks used to love this song, our mum had a video of him singing. Tinks watched this every night without fail for about a year.

And I should have known better
to lie with one as beautiful as you.
Yeah I should have known better
to take a chance on ever losing you,

HAVE IT!!!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 24-08-2005 at 21:51.
Old 25-08-2005, 01:00   #9

OOOOh girls. come come I see a slanging match going on here. Anyone going to open the bookies for who wins?
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 01:07   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpest1
OOOOh girls. come come I see a slanging match going on here. Anyone going to open the bookies for who wins?
lmao!! jpest sisters don't slang at each other ....... it is all true really slinky wins (but forgets to add that we were only jumping on the bed only last week to 'aahh aahh ohh no you don't naughty naughty naughty' YES we got grounded !!!) ...... You Win Again ... now who sang that?

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 25-08-2005 at 01:10.
Old 25-08-2005, 01:15   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
lmao!! jpest sisters don't slang at each other ....... it is all true really slinky wins (but forgets to add that we were only jumping on the bed only last week to 'aahh aahh ohh no you don't naughty naughty naughty' YES we got grounded !!!) ...... You Win Again ... now who sang that?
I dont know the first bit(especially) as you said you make your own words up but You Win Again was by the Bee Gees.

Last edited by jpest1; 25-08-2005 at 01:16. Reason: typo
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2005, 22:42   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sloop john b- the beach boys very significant was in the star which used to be on nuttal st,and the police came in and did me mate for underage drinking, at which i cracked up laughing and the lousy gits did me for drunk and disorderly, utter crap but its dead funny now.
Old 25-08-2005, 23:33   #13
God Member

OMG I just had another one ........ Peter Cetera Glory of Love ...... theme to Karate Kid reminds me of babysitting for slinky the brat! We used to sit through that film all the time then I'd frighten the life out of her by jumping up and practiseing some wicked kick arse moves on her from the film
Old 28-08-2005, 15:19   #14

Perfect day( THE ORIGINAL LOU REED VERSION!! ) reminds me of a party at a pub i was at once...i was a bit drunk but not a lot....the toilets was very very wet with urine and i fell twice and the bouncers tried throwing me out of the pub....That same day we sang perfect day on the karioke
Old 10-09-2005, 12:38   #15
I am Banned

I got one tinks & it involves u hunny

Faces by 2 unlimited - remember our visit to Moss Side in those rather stylish cars tisk!!!

All that she wants - reminds me of tinks & her condition at the time appropiate to the song

I'll come up with more a load of song that involves tinks pmsl
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..