Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2010, 14:37   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Ossy school girl bitch.

gotta say just listened to the 2 tracks, better n i imagined, fair play to the lads.
Old 29-10-2010, 22:40   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
gotta say just listened to the 2 tracks, better n i imagined, fair play to the lads.
Here is a newspaper clip out of March this year issue of Record Collectors Magazine...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/m...march-2010.jpg

Record Collector | JIMMY PAGE ?I knew we were revolutionary? - STEPHEN STILLS HENDRIX AND ME, MILLIE SMALL FIRST LADY OF SKA Plus! Pink Floyd, Eddie Kramer, American Psych, Motown Rarities, Frank Sidebottom, Jethro Tull, Uriah Heep | MARCH 2010
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 23:02   #48
Give, give, give member

Did you have much interaction with the Burnley punks, and their groups?

I read Boff Whalley's, of Chumbawamba, autobiography, and that was really interesting, regarding the scene in that town.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 23:07   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Did you have much interaction with the Burnley punks, and their groups?

I read Boff Whalley's, of Chumbawamba, autobiography, and that was really interesting, regarding the scene in that town.
No not really - what where they called then?
Old 30-10-2010, 07:31   #50
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
No not really - what where they called then?
There was the Notsensibles, Michael "Haggis" Hargreaves, Steven "Sage" Hartley, Roger "Rog Sensible" Rawlins, Gary Brown, Kevin "Ploppy" Hemingway, and The Pathetix, who were from Nelson.

http://www.boredteenagers.co.uk/pathitix.htm

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2010, 17:26   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
There was the Notsensibles, Michael "Haggis" Hargreaves, Steven "Sage" Hartley, Roger "Rog Sensible" Rawlins, Gary Brown, Kevin "Ploppy" Hemingway, and The Pathetix, who were from Nelson.

http://www.boredteenagers.co.uk/pathitix.htm
Yes heard of them - but never saw em? Did a gig in Barnoldswick with the Cybermen in 77. Ian Dixon still lives in Accrington, Entwistle moved away and Paul Milek lives up in North Yorkshire or some where near by!
Old 13-12-2010, 14:18   #52
Senior Member+

Merry Christmas 2010 and a brave New Year...

From Nick Name a.k.a. Kestrel X
Old 17-03-2011, 23:45   #53
Senior Member+

Interview with John Lydon ex-Sex Pistol touring now with Public Image Limited...

Old 20-03-2011, 17:45   #54

Quote:
Just found this.

Great read.

Schoolgirl Bitch - Nick No-name Interview
I was at the Lodestar the Thursday night the Boomtown Rats played. It was actually their first gig on the mainland, having only really played Dublin before then. They turned up, but the majority of their gear was held up for some reason. They still played a set, but used Demolition's gear. They promised they would return on the Saturday with their own gear and that any of us with a ticket would get in free. They were true to their word and played an even better set on the Saturday. Those are the only two occasions they played the Lodestar and the support over both nights was Demolition (I knew Paul Davies and Windy a little at the time, both members of Demolition).

Not sure were he's got the idea that his band supported them. I still have the poster from that gig and it states Demolition as the support. Like I say, I was there and have no recollection at all of a third band being there.

I think some people invent their own versions of history.
blackburnlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 18:29   #55

Quote:
Just found this.

Great read.

Schoolgirl Bitch - Nick No-name Interview

Demolition were support. Just rang an old mate who was with me that night. He agrees with me, he's adamant there was no other band there, either the Thursday or the Saturday.

Stiletto Skid were the first punk band in Blackburn (formed early 1977), before Demolition and before the Stiffs, but true to form, like a lot of punk bands at the time, they played two gigs in Darwen (well Chapels) and one in either the Windsor Hall or Regency Hall (below King Georges) and then split up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rats at the Lodestar.jpg (26.6 KB, 10 views)
blackburnlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 09:31   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackburnlad View Post
I was at the Lodestar the Thursday night the Boomtown Rats played. It was actually their first gig on the mainland, having only really played Dublin before then. They turned up, but the majority of their gear was held up for some reason. They still played a set, but used Demolition's gear. They promised they would return on the Saturday with their own gear and that any of us with a ticket would get in free. They were true to their word and played an even better set on the Saturday. Those are the only two occasions they played the Lodestar and the support over both nights was Demolition (I knew Paul Davies and Windy a little at the time, both members of Demolition).

Not sure were he's got the idea that his band supported them. I still have the poster from that gig and it states Demolition as the support. Like I say, I was there and have no recollection at all of a third band being there.

I think some people invent their own versions of history.

This is one Paul Davies (ex-Demolition) did since...

Old 16-08-2011, 18:41   #57
Senior Member+

Bored Teenagers 1 CD has been re-released

Bin Liner Catalogue Page

Featuring Accy Punk Legend "Schoolgirl Bitch" so get your copy now if you wish!

Cheers! Nick Name aka Kestrel X
Old 11-01-2012, 03:14   #58
Junior Member+

Re: Remember Mark Burroughs?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
My name is Nigel McHugh aka Kestrel X and the photo in question was I think 25th September 1978. Us Schoolgirl BItch supporting China Street. Good gig that was. The face in the picture (circled) is Mark Buroughs anyone remember Mark - he died of a drugs overdose in early 1980's!

Roddy Fitton if it's the same person? didn't play with us but came to a fair few of our gigs and so it goes!

Here is one of my brother Philip McHugh!!!!!!!!

P.S. John Lydon's dad is dead! R.I.P.!
yes i remember mark i can also SGB playing at the cock and bull in accy 1980ish they did a cover of tamberine man
mickbrfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:33   #59
Senior Member+

Re: Remember Mark Burroughs?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbrfc View Post
yes i remember mark i can also SGB playing at the cock and bull in accy 1980ish they did a cover of tamberine man
Schoolgirl Bitch ? Free listening, concerts, stats, & pictures at Last.fm

You sure!
Old 08-06-2012, 14:34   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Instead of starting a new thread I thought I'd ad this to the old one.

I only came across this in last couple of days and the fact Cyberman member; Ian Dixon played or plays bass in this outfit, Riotous Assembly from Accy area, in recent years...

I bet he's asking... "where's the new wave now!"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..