Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 16:14   #1
joj
I am Banned

2br

Why does the lady who helps commentate on 2BR with the football have to agree with everything the main commentator says has she not got an opinion of her own
joj is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2006, 16:20   #2
I am Banned

Re: 2br

Unfair to our Karen i think her & dan think alike pmsl!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 16:22   #3
I am Banned

2br is awful. It plays the same records over and over again. Guess were the name comes from... 2 Ba*tard Records
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 20:17   #4
joj
I am Banned

No problem with dan its just her voice gets on my nerves always agreeing with him
Old 10-10-2006, 10:38   #5

I can assure you that myself and Dan do agree on most things because we are very much alike with our footballing opinions and if you notice on other football radio shows or even tv shows the match summariser is really there to back up and give opinions on what the commentator has described.

Also, there has been times where we have disagreed too, but because we are a partnership we can bounce ideas off each other to an eventual outcome that suits us both.

Karen
KarenFaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:01   #6
God Member

keep up the good work Karen and Dan.

One thing I will commend 2BR on is that they back Stanley to the hilt. Even though the radio station is aimed at the two boroughs Burnley and Pendle, we get as much coverage as Burnley do. Interviews with the players and manager, interviews with fans from time to time, preview of the forthcoming game by the Chief Executive, comment by presenters who actually go to some of the games.

Some of the other local stations could do to try more of the same.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:36   #7
Senior Member+

Smile Re: 2br

Actually I think the Dan & Karen show works brilliantly.

I can't make it to most away games for financial reasons, and I can't wait to tune in to the show on 2BR and listen to two people who know the team they are talking about (unlike some of the other stations).

I also like to hear people being passionate about their football and the team they are reporting on. I find there's nothing worse than two people sat together talking like two old fellas in a corner of the pub, in monotone voices completely lacking in any excitement or expression, they may as well be commenting on paint drying!!!(and yes cottier I know its 'the BBC'!!!)

I think Dan and Karen do a great job, and I think Karen as summariser works really well because she and Dan have the same ideas about how the game should be played. A summeriser is there to expand and elaborate on the commentators commentary and also to put in their own ten penny worth, not to contradict the commentator as this would break up the flow of the commentary.

Sorry but 2BR have hit gold as far as I'm concerned!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:49   #8
God Member

Well said Sparkie, I'll second everything you've said! (Specially the bit about the BBC - sorry Adam )
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 13:07   #9
Junior Member+

Is 2br doing full coverage of Torquay game? I'm fairly sure it will be full match commentary on Radio Lancs
dizzyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 13:40   #10
Senior Member+

Unfortunately 2BR won't be bringing you full match commentary on the torquay game but they will be bringing you regular updates.

I will still be listening to 2BR, that way I'll still be awake at the end of the game!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 14:39   #11
Junior Member+

So it seems radio lancs will be one of the main if not the main stations to cover the game! No disrespect to 2br but radio lancs in my opinion offer a more professional commentry! I know who i would be listening to, if i was attending of course!
Old 10-10-2006, 15:00   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyxx
So it seems radio lancs will be one of the main if not the main stations to cover the game! No disrespect to 2br but radio lancs in my opinion offer a more professional commentry! I know who i would be listening to, if i was attending of course!
You are joking of course, Radio Lancs and professional in the same sentence. you need to come on here more often the humor's great.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 15:01   #13
Junior Member+

your intitled to your opinion!
Old 10-10-2006, 17:12   #14
God Member

Well I have listensd to a couple of live commentries from Dan & Karen,and I think they are great.Of course I haven' heard the other lot do their thing,but I have no need to.I think if they could have an effects microphone at the Claytons end or Karen stood there and did her commentry bits from within the seething throngs of the passionates, it would add something extra and maybe unique to live broadcasts.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 17:58   #15
joj
I am Banned

Has Karen Faz and co forgotten there are more north west teams than accrington stanley ie blackburn, burnley etc

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..