Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Mullers Gone To Bantams (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/mullers-gone-to-bantams-46290.html)

slerpy 21-03-2009 19:18

Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

I feared the worst today without Mullin who is in all honesty our talisman. Three valuable points is a godsend. Shakermaker you DO look a bit like Mullin perhaps you should do looky likey stand ins !

VALAIRIAN 21-03-2009 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 694567)
Utter rubbish.

Also, your "oh well, Paul's gone, get over it and move on" attitude just won't cut it. Paul signed for Stanley a season or two after I started coming on the Crown regularly and his exemplary footballing ethic has been one of the main reasons why I've continued to watch the reds. If anyone embodies Accrington Stanley, Paul Mullin is far ahead of any other contender. It is impossible to feel positive about the Exeter game when there's such a huge feeling of loss. It sounds stupid and melodramatic but it's true. Come back Paul!

Top post Shaker :) Mullers is the man and he is a big part of what makes supporting Stanley so good, bad day alround :(

VALAIRIAN 21-03-2009 20:43

:thumbsup:[QUOTE=shakermaker;694991]Paul Mullin clearly had nothing to do with this deal except for helping out the club's financial woes by going on loan.

Has anyone seen the Lancashire Telegraph from last night? Paul was joking about not letting Jimmy pass him in the scoring charts for too long. That article will have been put together on Thursday. Come Friday he wants a kick-about at Wembley in a naff kit? Anyone who believes that needs their head feeling.

The official statement on Paul leaving comes from the business side of the club, not the management. The management put together some words through gritted teeth about Michael Symes and there passes another day at Accrington Stanley.

Paul Mullin gets better every season. His presence is immeasurable and invaluable. This leads to him being marked and targeted with greater hostility as the season wears on. To see him score any is an achievment with the batterings that lad has to take. His passing and positioning have improved greatly in the new year, and at this rate I'd envisage a one year extension onto his current deal. Perhaps a hint of sentiment there.

We've lost of our linchpin on loan, we haven't had time to learn a different style of play (let alone look forward to one), and we have brought in three duffers.

The team are going to need all our support this afternoon.

Another good post Shaker :thumbsup: :)

cmonstanley 21-03-2009 21:15

:rolleyes:ha ha ha the irony:D

Haggis316 21-03-2009 21:22

From their threads. Where have we heard it before?

"It doesn't matter how good you are, you can't score goals if your team mates don't create chances for you. Mullin was restricted to one snatched 20 yard volley yet he took up some great positions and made countless well timed runs into the box that came to nothing because the standard of crossing was abysmal. On another day he might have had two or three, but that's football."

dabeast 21-03-2009 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabeast (Post 694759)
1) thanks paul for your sterling service to the club. We will no doubt miss you, not least for your outstanding loyalty and willing towards the stanley cause.
2) its about time we looked to the future. Mullers has been less effective this year: maybe its his age, but i think other clubs have us figured out. We have played best this year when we have bossed the midfield and kept the ball on the deck, but often we still lump it to pm instead. We will be forced to change tactics now. That will bring us results

vindicated i believe. what happened has happened. no one is to blame in my opinion. its just football. at least we are not licking our wounds today though!

yerself 21-03-2009 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker
Paul Mullin gets better every season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker
His passing and positioning have improved greatly in the new year

How old is he, 35? At this rate he'll be world class by the time he hits his sixtieth birthday.:rolleyes:

fatgaz182 21-03-2009 21:50

Paul who:p

:D

dabeast 21-03-2009 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatgaz182 (Post 695275)
Paul who:p

:D

was really tempted to post that but feared the response!

Reamer 21-03-2009 23:20

Peeps, stop weeping and bleating. We won today with a team that is looking younger and hungrier. Get behind 'em. They played good today. That's what matters. Talismans like Mullin will come and go and we will have others. So come on ...we're on the up. Get your season ticket while the offer's good.

That should read yesterday. Few glasses of wine... Soave , nice

cashman 21-03-2009 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-P (Post 695010)
Well I ahve seen every game home and away this season and I think his contribution is second to none.. Poeple keep calling him a striker yet he was never brought to the club as one.. he is a target man who can hold the ball up.. goals are a bonus.. I say he has done enough to be in the team every week.. Coleman says the same.. bradford think he is worth it and shrewsbury say the same...

But cashman has a different opinion to three league two clubs ... what do you base your opinions on cashman ?

i base my opinions on being just a fan,who has watched football well oer 50 yrs, n speaking to quite a few at the F.E.S. today am not alone with that view, n your opinions based on what? the above?

Reamer 22-03-2009 00:05

I'm with Cashy on this one. As stated ealier , the team played good today, not brilliant, but ok. They started tentatively, not surprisingly but given good support they'll do good. The king is dead and all that. All I would say to K-P is that he's already pointed out that Mullers is 35? Even if he were to complete his contract (another 12 months) , how many games is he gonna realistically play ? Everybody has to move on, don't they? Burnley still exist after McIlroy.....MU after Charlton & Best......Preston after Finney

K-P 22-03-2009 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 695285)
i base my opinions on being just a fan,who has watched football well oer 50 yrs,

the subject is paul mullin this yr...

You say he isnt up to it this season.. you base that opinion on what you saw 50 yrs ago

i say he is up to it and i base my opinion on seeing every game he played this season.

duh!

K-P 22-03-2009 00:27

reamer... why dont well sell kenny arthur then.. or anyone/everyone else ? if its all about get rid and survive? what about keeping good players in case you need them... isnt that an option.... yes hes 35 and i would wonder how much steam he has left... but my worry is/was/is the rest of this season..

but hey... stick with cashy if ya like.. he saw mullin play 50 yrs ago :)

slerpy 22-03-2009 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reamer (Post 695281)
Peeps, stop weeping and bleating. We won today with a team that is looking younger and hungrier. Get behind 'em. They played good today. That's what matters. Talismans like Mullin will come and go and we will have others. So come on ...we're on the up. Get your season ticket while the offer's good.

That should read yesterday. Few glasses of wine... Soave , nice

No disrespect to you Reamer( by the way axe the tax is good) but teams are not just about youth but balance between youth'n experience.