Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Mullers Gone To Bantams (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/mullers-gone-to-bantams-46290.html)

VALAIRIAN 27-04-2009 20:05

Re: Mullers Gone To Bantams

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 708876)
I think that Paul still has a tremendous amount to offer the club.

He is the ultimate professional, trains well, lives well, tries hard - if every other player was to follow his example we'd romp the league. I think that he is a crakcer to have around the squad if only for the younger lads to learn from.

Unfortunately though, I do remember the sad decline of Paul Beck. Such a talisman in his day but went on a season and a half too long. That said, he once came off the bench at 3-0 down to Hyde United (a good side that year) and scored a 15 minute hat-trick!

I think Mullers role should be from the bench and could be all the difference when defending a slender lead with ten minutes left - or to go 4-3-3 when losing by the odd goal.

Whether that role is commensurate with being the squads top earner (or as close as dammit (or probably not at all cos I know nothing and live in the clouds) is for the board to decide.

As always Macca, a fair assessment and post :):D Mullers would (Speaking to one or two on Saturday) be great for the Lindfields and Turners to learn from :cool: P.S. Good to meet up with you at the O.S.C Do - names - faces Etc.

maccawozzagod 27-04-2009 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 708880)
P.S. Good to meet up with you at the O.S.C Do - names - faces Etc.

you too James :rolleyes:

JEFF 28-04-2009 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 708821)
Oh, and the link I intended to post was from Port Vale away. Sublime finish.

That's the goal he scored when he miskicked it and it went over the keeper's head, is that right?

Tin Monkey 28-04-2009 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF (Post 709039)
That's the goal he scored when he miskicked it and it went over the keeper's head, is that right?

That's a bit harsh Jeff. I thought it was a quality strike, even if it was at the other end of the ground from where I was sat.

shakermaker 28-04-2009 15:12

Poor attempt at a wind up Jeff!
Anyone can see from the video that it was a masterful finish.

JEFF 28-04-2009 15:43

Credit where credit is due he took the goal well. When he scored it I laughed my head off and nearly fell off my seat, I was that surprised.

Tin Monkey 28-04-2009 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF (Post 709087)
Credit where credit is due he took the goal well. When he scored it I laughed my head off and nearly fell off my seat, I was that surprised.

I think a few of us were rolling in the aisles :D

MCR ADIM 26-08-2009 13:19

Morecambe interested in Accrington Stanley striker Mullin (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Sorry to bring it up in the bradford thread

Nickelson 26-08-2009 13:36

as much as i would be sorry to see Paul go - i think getting him off our wage bill would help the club in the long term.

cashman 26-08-2009 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickelson (Post 739384)
as much as i would be sorry to see Paul go - i think getting him off our wage bill would help the club in the long term.

good sensible thinking.;)

maccawozzagod 26-08-2009 14:35

there's a bit more on this at the morecambe forum shrimpsvoices

i'd love to see Paul Mullin get his testimonial because his service to the club deserves it, but at this point in the clubs history we need the money freeing up. I'd be happy for him to stay though.

VALAIRIAN 26-08-2009 15:53

[/QUOTE] i'd love to see Paul Mullin get his testimonial because his service to the club deserves it, but at this point in the clubs history we need the money freeing up. I'd be happy for him to stay though.[/QUOTE]

Must echo this statement, deserves something from the club by way of testimonial.

AccyMad 26-08-2009 17:26

Ditto on the above two posts - Paul more than deserves his testimonial, it'd be sad if he went anywhere before that happens

Nickelson 26-08-2009 17:40

A testimonial would most likely take place in the close of the season, i should think. Mullin is a legend at Accrington imho.

yonmon 26-08-2009 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 739442)
Ditto on the above two posts - Paul more than deserves his testimonial, it'd be sad if he went anywhere before that happens

I agree whloeheartedly with you AM (as usual!)....BUT..

There's no smoke without a few embers burning in the grate !!...AND SO !...????