Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Marsden Stands Down (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/marsden-stands-down-49749.html)

ukcowboy 04-10-2009 10:40

Marsden Stands Down

Taken from fishy site:-

Accrington Stanley Football Club Limited
Sunday 4th Oct 2009
http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/gfx/news/ball.gifhttp://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/gfx/news/line.gif
Vice Chairman stands down
Accrington Stanley vice chairman Peter Marsden has today resigned as a director of Accrington Stanley.

Speaking about his decision Peter explained "Personally I think the main protagonists involved in the off-field war of words afflicting our club should be locked in a room and not let out until they have resolved their differences.

"If required I would be happy to act as a mediator - not as a director but as an independent shareholder - but you can only help people if they want to be helped.

"I would urge the people of Accrington to get behind the SOS campaign if they really want to save our fine old club. Time is running out fast."

Peter joined the board two years ago and will continue to hold a 10% share of the football club.

Chief executive Robert Heys said "Peter is a fantastic guy and has been a great servant to Accrington Stanley over the last few years, he has clearly explained his reasons for stepping down and I empathise with him. Although he lives away from the area he has shown himself to be Stanley through and through, particularly over the last few weeks. We will remain good friends and he is always welcome here at Accrington Stanley."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts anyone?

maccawozzagod 04-10-2009 10:49

Re: Marsden Stands Down

he will not be the last of the main players to walk away from the club.

self preservation methinks.

there is a nasty underlying tone to all this and I hope the FULL TRUTH comes out about what has gone one behind the scenes over the last few hours. Somebody has stopped playing monopoly with our club - they are now playing Russian Roulette. It is quite obvious that David O'Neil is not willing to listen to anyone and thinks he can do this on his own

caretaker 04-10-2009 10:50

Rats leaving a sinking ship?

lancsdave 04-10-2009 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcowboy (Post 750363)
but you can only help people if they want to be helped.

Only a few words but a fairly strong statement :rolleyes:

Doug 04-10-2009 11:22

Posted via Mobile Device
I wouldn't say this is suprise givn his need to protect his business interests. The real damage is to come I would think.

Willie Miller 04-10-2009 11:26

I have heard some shocking rumours, if they are true, I believe there should be a revolution regardless of whether or not we pay the tax bill!!!

maccawozzagod 04-10-2009 11:44

we as fans are fecked I think.

we either find £200k in three weeks or programme Clitheroe FC into the sat nav.

Bagpuss 04-10-2009 11:49

Come on just post whatever you know, what's that word again begins with a T???

Tin Monkey 04-10-2009 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 750376)
we as fans are fecked I think.

we either find £200k in three weeks or programme Clitheroe FC into the sat nav.

I don't think we'll need a sat-nav for the West Lancs League.

maccawozzagod 04-10-2009 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss (Post 750378)
Come on just post whatever you know, what's that word again begins with a T???

the truth is out there Bagpuss, but its best to let it come from the horses mouth buddy.

Doug 04-10-2009 11:57

Chin up lads, the fat lady hasn't even stood up yet, let alone sing......

Accrington Stanley is an institution; only a complete idiot or a megalomaniac would drop us this far in the ****….

Bagpuss 04-10-2009 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 750380)
the truth is out there Bagpuss, but its best to let it come from the horses mouth buddy.

Point me to the horse please.

Stanleymad 04-10-2009 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Miller (Post 750374)
I have heard some shocking rumours, if they are true, I believe there should be a revolution regardless of whether or not we pay the tax bill!!!

What do u have in mind ? as macca says we are feked a fans despite all the support given to save the club & deaf ears not listening, it does worry me some what:(

Neil 04-10-2009 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 750380)

Now you are being about as transparent as the club :confused:

Shurm 04-10-2009 12:37

The directors were going to make the shortfall I got told, then Mr Marsden says to fans carry on raising money ...... But then says I'm off bye !!!! How's that work then does he not have a duty to the club in these times ?