Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   'd-day'..a one- day only thread ! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/d-day-a-one-day-only-thread-50129.html)

Stanleymad 26-10-2009 16:53

Re: taxman paid tuesday 27th October

I spoke to rob this aft asking that big Q and he said yep we'll be going to grimsby on sat his words exactly! But still im glad i went up just in case it could be for the last time.

K.S.H 26-10-2009 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanleymad (Post 756803)
I spoke to rob this aft asking that big Q and he said yep we'll be going to grimsby on sat his words exactly! But still im glad i went up just in case it could be for the last time.

I hope not :eek:

Willie Miller 26-10-2009 17:24

Coach leaves Fri at 4 (£15 PM me....)

must be some journey that!

K.S.H 26-10-2009 17:27

It is on a Friday heading that way

Stanleymad 26-10-2009 17:39

lmao thats what he said must have a lot on his mind lol

lancsdave 26-10-2009 17:50

I caught the last line of an interview with Rob on 2BR earlier.He said they would like to draw a line under everything this week. ermmm Rob, if you don't somebody else will :eek:

yonmon 28-10-2009 06:40

'd-day'..a one- day only thread !

With a little over two hours to go before a Hanging Judge either puts his Black Cap on his head....OR grants a stay-of-execution to Accrington Stanley....
Here's an opportunity to reveal your innermost thoughts and feelings regarding the bitter-tasting scenario which will be unfolding in the next few-hours, and throughout this fearful day...which No-One hoped would ever come about..!

My earliest thoughts today were with and for John Coleman and the Squad of players who might well be training today to give of their best on Friday Evening at Blundell Park ....what sort of Sword is swinging over their heads ??...

M second collection of thoughts are with and for all those who can remember the last attempted Murder of our great Club, who wouldn't accept this as a finality, and who brought about it's rising from it's ashes to what it is today !..Don't need to name names, but we all know who these past and present stalwarts are!!
I just cannot begin to imagine how they are feeling at this moment..(Which is 07:32 am....The clock is ticking !)..

I could go on and on...and on !!....but I'm sure that anything else I might add will only be mirrored by other postings which mine might generate!..

This emptiness in the pit of my stomach is one that I have not felt for a long time now...and will I fear get worse as the day progresses...

'ON STANLEY!! ..TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !! ON!!.

AccyMad 28-10-2009 07:12

Re: 'd-day'..a one- day only thread !

Totally echo your thoughts Yonmon, wish I had the way with words that you have - I shall be wearing my Stanley shirt to work today, even though it's not strictly the correct dress code I don't think anyone I work with will deny me that.

katei77 28-10-2009 07:13

D-day for Accrington Stanley (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Mick 28-10-2009 07:16

I have a friend who is a member on here he lives in London and will be attending the court hearing and will phone me from the court with any news so keep your eye on this thread

lancsdave 28-10-2009 07:18

Not just Coley and his players but staff behind the scenes too. People like Mick Schultz and Mr T who give more than most to the club, probably for very little reward.

Good luck today to you all.

shillelagh 28-10-2009 07:20

Posted via Mobile Devicesteve lowe and john timmins were cracking on radio lancs just now.

Kiwi John 28-10-2009 07:21

Gee I hope we all look stupid in 2 hours time-us, professors of doom......

yonmon 28-10-2009 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 757457)
Not just Coley and his players but staff behind the scenes too. People like Mick Schultz and Mr T who give more than most to the club, probably for very little reward.

Good luck today to you all.

I echo that sentiment Dave....as will all who hold these committed workers in high regard!!

Wynonie Harris 28-10-2009 07:26

Many different emotions racing through my mind at the moment, Mr Y. A deep sense of sadness...a yawning pit of empty despair...a horrible sense of deja vu (even though I was only 11 last time it happened)...strong solidarity with my fellow fans...concern for Coley, Jimmy and the lads...but, most of all, burning, righteous anger against those who are mismanaging our club...and, whatever happens today, that last emotion will not go away! :( :mad: