Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   'd-day'..a one- day only thread ! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/d-day-a-one-day-only-thread-50129.html)

K.S.H 28-10-2009 15:15

Re: 'd-day'..a one- day only thread !

Yeah, paid £96k even though we "had" £116k in the sos fund, "possibly" another £10k going in today - don't know where thats from, and £100k going in from PFA.
1st place to start might be 2br and listen to the interview

cashman 28-10-2009 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 757789)
Bare with me, I've only had 5 minutes to try and get what's happened today. I can't make any sense of it.

Did O'Neill's reps turn up with 96k? 212K missing? Why does it say on the plackards that we're 90k short? I don't get it.

easy shaker mate, theres bin nowt but bullsh** n Lies from our glorious leaders, nowt else to get.;)

bobby 28-10-2009 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 757789)
Bear with me, I've only had 5 minutes to try and get what's happened today. I can't make any sense of it.

Did O'Neill's reps turn up with 96k? 212K missing? Why does it say on the plackards that we're 90k short? I don't get it.

Bury fan here and first of all well done in getting past today. From reading this messageboard I feel your battle is just beginning but one that you will win. The efforts of your fans cannot be ignored or wasted.

Just thought I would point out the reason why the 100k was not added to the total today.

If indeed the directors etc do have this money they would not have paid it over today whilst there was a shortfall. If you went bust today they would have paid over 100k to the taxman and you would still have gone bust.

So in effect they were prepared to risk your club going bust and the SOS money but not their own money.

Good luck and see you in 2 weeks.

yerself 28-10-2009 17:21

Re: taxman paid tuesday 27th October

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcowboy
6) BY MANAGING VIA THE 'OSTERICH SYNDROME'

Surely no. 6 should be Mushroom Management
Mushroom management is an allusion to a company's staff being treated like mushrooms: kept in the dark, covered with dung, and – when grown big enough – canned. The connotation is that the management is making decisions without consulting the staff affected by those decisions – and possibly not even informing the staff until well after such decisions are made. (From Wikipedia)

For another description try here: mushroom management

yonmon 28-10-2009 21:32

Well folks ..the One Day allotted for my' One-day-only' thread has almost gone...
For me...at least after 11:00am it just got better and better , culminating with my little chat with Ilyas Khan tonight which, confirming all I had read on our Forum,filled me with absolute delight!!...almost shedding a tear with Stanleymad at the same time!!..

So perhaps it's time for this brief thread to bite the Dust !!...might have served a purpose...I hope so!!..

(Alfred.E. thinks that Ilyas Khan is the Bee's Knees....and is already thinking up our next 'Foray on the Forum'...which should be somewhat lighter following the frenetic machinations of the last week or so !!)

'ON STANLEY!!!..ON !! TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !!'

pps..... " god natts søvn godt."...( Just for SM !!)

Stanleymad 28-10-2009 21:42

lol yonmon i look forward to a new thread of optimism, a tear or few of relief these past few weeks have been tough for all of us. It was a delight to meet and chat with ilyas he has my kind of humour lol. Im with Alfred E on that sentiment the bees knees indeed :)

cashman 28-10-2009 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 757943)
Well folks ..the One Day allotted for my' One-day-only' thread has almost gone...
For me...at least after 11:00am it just got better and better , culminating with my little chat with Ilyas Khan tonight which, confirming all I had read on our Forum,filled me with absolute delight!!...almost shedding a tear with Stanleymad at the same time!!..

So perhaps it's time for this brief thread to bite the Dust !!...might have served a purpose...I hope so!!..

(Alfred.E. thinks that Ilyas Khan is the Bee's Knees....and is already thinking up our next 'Foray on the Forum'...which should be somewhat lighter following the frenetic machinations of the last week or so !!)

'ON STANLEY!!!..ON !! TO EVEN GREATER THINGS !!'

pps..... " god natts søvn godt."...( Just for SM !!)

Hope ya now had summat to eat yonmon n not dust.:D

ukcowboy 28-10-2009 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 757842)
Surely no. 6 should be Mushroom Management
Mushroom management is an allusion to a company's staff being treated like mushrooms: kept in the dark, covered with dung, and – when grown big enough – canned. The connotation is that the management is making decisions without consulting the staff affected by those decisions – and possibly not even informing the staff until well after such decisions are made. (From Wikipedia)

For another description try here: mushroom management

Too late to edit it now, but yes I think thats a much better analogy!

CLAYTON RED 28-10-2009 23:21

lol uk

They must of read the manual