Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   vs Bury (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/vs-bury-51017.html)

VALAIRIAN 28-12-2009 21:32

Re: vs Bury

Should have had it won in the first half an hour!!! But as said earlier, we missed 3 or 4 good chances.. Second half Bury were on fire for the first 15 mins and that was enough. That said we still had enough chances after McConville scored.

We had played 2 days earlier, so why not use some of our squad - Billy Kee to name but one???

Anyway the 4th round beckons after we beat Gillingham, if they manage to get back from Exeter!!!

Highlight of the day for me was the Shef. Wed. Fans in The Clayton End - awesome (especially the big lad with his top off!) :) :)

EekyShaker 28-12-2009 21:44

Hi all, good game today.

I thought you guys totally outplayed us in the first half, we had a couple of chances.. but your defense totally bullied our attacking players.. Your number 5 won everything.. and our defense were HORRIBLE..

We sort of came out in the second half and played at 100mph for ten minutes and got the goals.. obviously.. but I thought the actual difference in the second half when the game settled.. was that our strikers actually started winning and holding the ball.. Morrell in particular had a fantastic second half and seemed to start winning everything.. Our defense was still just as terrible, we just managed to hold the ball up, further up the park.

Not sure about your penalty shout, I'm not actually sure which incident you fellas are referring to.. We had two pen shouts during the game.. And I have to say the first one.. down at your end in the first half.. was a total dive.. But the one at the end was a pen..

I'm not too sure why you lot seem to have a problem with sodje.. You should be questioning some of your own lads today..

How many of you saw when the ref was talking to our keeper and one of your lads down at your end.. and your lad grabbed his head like he'd been hit all of a sudden, when brown hadn't gone anywhere near him.. What was that all about????? The fool should have got sent of right there and then or atleast booked, that rubbish is worse than diving..

Anyway, all the best.

cashman 28-12-2009 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 773015)

Highlight of the day for me was the Shef. Wed. Fans in The Clayton End - awesome (especially the big lad with his top off!) :) :)

He by popular concensus was "Tango Man":D recognised from ewood n such places.:)

Willie Miller 28-12-2009 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milesy (Post 773005)
Hi guys, Bury fan here in peace.

Part of me wasn't looking forward to going today, been to your place 3 times this season (v Darlo, v Crewe and v Us in JPT), and I'm an admirer of the way you attack and take the game to teams.

At half time i thought we were very fortunate to only be 1-0 down, you closed us down really well and we struggled to string 2 passes together.

As some people have said, we came out of the traps in the second half and looked like we wanted it.

being honest I don't understand all the comments about Sodje. He's an old fashioned centre back which maybe some people aren't used to these days? I can't comment on any penalty claims you claim against him as i'm sure you were a lot closer than I was, but it did seem to me that once you went behind you'd drop to the floor when challenged anywhere in and around the area. There was also one incident where some clearly dived (over towards the main stand area in the corner), and the ref quite rightly booked the player concerned.

The ref was poor - but although he gave us a lot of the decisions in the 2nd half, he gave you a lot of the decisions in the first half. Again, it was a fair distance away but the keeper seemed to be lucky on a couple of occasions when racing off his line - in the second half our winger tried to flick the ball over your last defender who blocked it with his hand and the ref gave nothing. Being honest it's probably a case of both sets of fans being biased and seeing it their way!

Ours was a clear cut penalty at the end though - Kempson had tugged at Lowie's shirt a couple of times already before the ref finally gave it for the third tug!

Overall I think we were lucky to win - but only because by rights you should have had it sewn up by half time. I agree with other comments on here that the added break we'd had over your guys definitely helped us, but Colemans comments about us wanting it to be off are way off the mark! There's an image on our Message Board showing a ruler in the pitch - the snow comes up to past the 9" mark!

A Boxing Day clash with Bradford is financially very lucrative for us, if the game could have been on, it would have been! The areas around the Crown today were very treacherous - that was after a thaw, imagine our place before the thaw whilst it was still snowing!

I'd also like to thank all Accy fans who helped get this game on over the last couple of days.

Anyhow, good luck for the remainder of the season, the way you play means you should be in or around the play offs and your support is marvellous!

We also received the flag you donated to us today, so thanks for that!

Pipe down Ben

(You only supposed to come on here & thank us for the best atmosphere in League 2...... :) )

carlmason 28-12-2009 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by carpon (Post 772955)
As the old adage goes....If you don't take your chances, you're going to get punished. Whatever Knill said to Bury at half time worked wonders for them, :o

Strange thing is at half time Knill and Brassy went in with the team and then came out and stood outside the dressing rooms for about 10 minutes drinking brews.:) The Bury fans couldnt understand what they were doing but it obviously worked.

The game itself was typical of us. 1st half pants second half well up for it. Im not sure if we deserved a 4 2 win but I think being honest we just edged it with that second half performance.

Good turnout by our fans to with 1700 there and a few in the seats who thankfully behaved themselves.

carlmason 28-12-2009 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 773015)

How fat was that guy?? I could make him out well from the other end of the pitch? LOL!

Milesy 28-12-2009 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Miller (Post 773025)
Pipe down Ben

(You only supposed to come on here & thank us for the best atmosphere in League 2...... :) )

Touche ;)

AccyMad 29-12-2009 09:03

Very disappointed with the result yesterday, I agree with Cashy a draw would have been fair, yes our lads did switch off at the start of the 2nd half and Bury came out as others have said with all guns blazing but we really should have had it in the bag in the first half.
I know it sounds like sour grapes to moan about the ref but he really was a disgrace - don't think he was biased - just bloody awful at his job.
And I'm sorry Bury fans, don't begrudge you the win (well not much :) ) but whoever said that we'd want Sodje in our team - no way no how, he is & always has been a disgrace to whichever team he's played for and if we ever signed him I'd be off watching Clitheroe!
Rant over - roll on Saturday and our ticket to the next round of the FA cup :)

Redraine 29-12-2009 09:32

"How many of you saw when the ref was talking to our keeper and one of your lads down at your end.. and your lad grabbed his head like he'd been hit all of a sudden, when brown hadn't gone anywhere near him.. What was that all about????? The fool should have got sent of right there and then or atleast booked, that rubbish is worse than diving.."

Totally agree. I never thought I would see one of Coley's players acting like a theatrical continental. Needs a good talking to.

AccyMad 29-12-2009 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 773127)
And if you could read properly, you might have worked out that Kiwi was actually complaining about the bleating and pointing out that it looked exactly like the sour grapes Morecambe came up with two days earlier ....

and I was agreeing with him.

I wouldn't rise to the bait Chimer - he/she obviously wasn't at Christie Park on Saturday or he wouldn't have had the need to use the word 'apparently' in conjunction with the alledged dirty tactics of our lads :rolleyes:.

Willie Miller 29-12-2009 10:41

Yeah listen to Diane, there are a few "new" Morecambe who sing we hate stanley & the old skool at MFC cringe....

Spent many a half hour in Hilton Park services with true Morecambe fans, many an hour with their fans team having a laugh....

True Morecambe love the rivalry but their is none of this hatred potrayed and I wish some of the true Morecambe would nip it in the bud like we do

Chimer 29-12-2009 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 773129)
I wouldn't rise to the bait Chimer - he/she obviously wasn't at Christie Park on Saturday or he wouldn't have had the need to use the word 'apparently' in conjunction with the alledged dirty tactics of our lads :rolleyes:.

You're absolutely right ...

I must not respond to the troll

VALAIRIAN 29-12-2009 11:23

Just been reading Johnk post about "That bloody song!" And got to thinking about those Wednesday fans - "If you don't f****** bounce, if you don't *****bounce then your a Blade" Talk about songs stuck in your head, I woke up at 2 this morning with that going round in my head!!! :eek: :eek: :)

smudgie 29-12-2009 12:14

Simply Brilliant, The Wonderful Michael Symes, is CONSTANTLY going round my head!!!

SWFC261279 29-12-2009 14:23

Thanks for fantastic day out lads

YouTube - Accrington Stanley v Bury 28/12/09