Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/coley-and-jimmy-demand-contract-resolution-53439.html)

shakermaker 31-05-2010 09:01

Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution

Stanley duo call for contact talks (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Bell
“I think it could come back to bite them if we didn't sign it, because someone might take a chance on us and then it would be down to us what we wanted to do,”. “John has been linked with Bradford and Shrewsbury in the last few months.
“I don’t know how long it takes to draw up a contract, but it doesn’t take six months.
“Myself and John are more than happy to stay here and I think we’ve done a fantastic job, so you’d like to feel you deserve a little bit better.
“You do worry a little bit that it has been dragging on for so long, but you perhaps don’t worry as much as you might at some other clubs because we’ve been working without a contract for 11 years.”

:(

Insert one of my many angry at O'Neill comments here.

Pendle Red 31-05-2010 09:08

Re: Coley & Jimmy Demand Contract Resolution

Trying to bring players in and sort other players futures out who may want to stay, while there own contract's are not yet sorted?

It Beggars Belief

What is the Hold Up?

cashman 31-05-2010 09:08

Shaker if i put what i think of the ****** o,neil i will no doubt be banned.:mad:

Wynonie Harris 31-05-2010 09:30

Don't worry, all's well, O'Neill has said it's "just a case of it being typed up and signed."

Oh hang on a minute, that was on April 16th.

Maybe, Stanley's typist is just very slow. :rolleyes:

maccawozzagod 31-05-2010 11:11

Many people still have simmering anger at last novembers happenings. While things are still going reasonably well these things will stay below the surface. But here's my words of warning for the board room - allow Coley and Bell to walk away because of ineptitude and your feet wouldn't touch the floor.

ukcowboy 31-05-2010 12:30

"trust me" said O'Neil way back when he (allegedly) took over from the man with no name. Well we tried that and look where that landed us!! The man cannot be trusted IMHO. Lie after lie spewed forth from him since day 1, so are we at all suprised at the length of time this is taking? It's a disgrace that this is still unresolved, & should the dynamic duo remain without a contract then who could blame them if they moved on? O'Neil you should be ashamed........ Sort it :(

cashman 31-05-2010 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcowboy (Post 819311)
"trust me" said O'Neil way back when he (allegedly) took over from the man with no name. Well we tried that and look where that landed us!! The man cannot be trusted IMHO. Lie after lie spewed forth from him since day 1, so are we at all suprised at the length of time this is taking? It's a disgrace that this is still unresolved, & should the dynamic duo remain without a contract then who could blame them if they moved on? O'Neil you should be ashamed........ Sort it :(

Good post U.K. since last year many areas of the club have improved considerably IMHO. what has NOT is the main area -the man at the head, still inept.:(

AccyAggro 31-05-2010 13:14

What a joke, david o'neil is an utter joke of a managing director and i cant still believe he is still here. Coley and jimmy need to be signed up and fast

Revived Red 31-05-2010 14:06

Is it not time for Ilyas to step in and demand that JC and JB are given a suitable contract immediately?

Grimps 31-05-2010 15:18

the club will go down . like i said before time sum one left ...... to much hereford for me the new doors are one way out all players and staff will lev soon . if the hereford is s .h.i. time out

Kiwi John 31-05-2010 17:50

- Please insert 'disguised language ' thingys to express how I feel about the lack of contracts for messers Coleman and Bell. -

AccyAggro 31-05-2010 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 819336)
- Please insert 'disguised language ' thingys to express how I feel about the lack of contracts for messers Coleman and Bell. -

Agreed!

smudgie 31-05-2010 18:30

How much longer do we have to put up with that clown :(

LongLostSon 31-05-2010 18:58

I forget the gentleman's name, but the ex-board member who accompanied IK to the High Court I thought had some clout under the new regime. The fans are clearly firmly behind John and Jimmy and I wouldn't have thought they would be demanding the earth as wages - so what's the problem ? It doesn't inspire confidence when stuff about 'just being typed up' is spewed out - shows what certain board members think of fans etc.
Summats not right here me thinks - holding my breath for the next bombshell.

cashman 31-05-2010 19:15

Like Ilyas, Peter Marsden is London Based, so i believe, another good man, like ilyas though seems outa the day to day stuff to me.:eek:

yonmon 31-05-2010 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 819270)
Don't worry, all's well, O'Neill has said it's "just a case of it being typed up and signed."

Oh hang on a minute, that was on April 16th.

Maybe, Stanley's typist is just very slow. :rolleyes:

B
ut then Wyn, D o'N has said so many things which everyone responding to this post ( so far!) have quite accurately identified as bordering on prevarication ! . He must surely recognise by now that all of his unsubtantiated proclamations
made in the press and elsewhere merely have the effect of driving a wedge between the true fans of our club and all that he is attempting to achieve in his position as Managing Director...plus alienating himself as a person from all those whose support he must so desperately rely upon at this time.
I also wonder at times if his ramblings are actually aimed at preparing we supporters for another collapse of the Club's
affairs ?..........or am I , having discarded my red-coloured spectacles once again !.....merely looking for some writing on the wall which might just make some sense of the whole catalogue of failed Management and communications listed as presentations of inaccurate and divisive communications from those in whose hands the future of Accrington Stanley rests.

John and Jimmy deserve so much better......perhaps Ilyas Khan and Peter Marsden can resolve the situation so much better than those who have failed them so far ?....
I sincerely hope so !!...

ON STANLEY......ON !!!!

theresonlyoneaccy 31-05-2010 20:34

In that case, have we as fans to set a deadline e.g. end of august (this would be an obvious choice because Dave could be focussing on getting players in and then sign a contract with keeping the focus on a good start) and then we will do something if the situation hasn't been resolved. I feel we need a manager who is tied to the club, they can't behind a no money excuse that's been sorted thanks to Ilyas.

Wynonie Harris 31-05-2010 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy (Post 819377)
In that case, have we as fans to set a deadline e.g. end of august (this would be an obvious choice because Dave could be focussing on getting players in and then sign a contract with keeping the focus on a good start) and then we will do something if the situation hasn't been resolved. I feel we need a manager who is tied to the club, they can't behind a no money excuse that's been sorted thanks to Ilyas.

Is it me, or is this post totally incomprehensible? :confused:

theresonlyoneaccy 31-05-2010 20:56

Probably isn't just you... just an idea, however I may be the only person on here who appreciates my crazy-ness!

bdc 31-05-2010 23:38

I remember reading the Telegraph report around the 16th April where DON stated that they were very close to sorting out new contracts for JB and JC. Of course this has yet to materialise but nothing surprises me with him in charge, the guy is quite clearly not upto the job and should step aside for somebody else who has the relevant competencies to run the club for the fans.

I think that the uncertainty surrounding the club at the minute may harm our chances of recruiting the players that are required to help the club push on up the league. We had a real chance of getting into the play-offs last season however it seems that the team involved in this is being disected piece by piece. Budgets have been agreed but it seems that the budget is somewhere distant from the reality of a league 2 budget. This really limits our chances of being able to attract a good quality of players. We are going to received an extra £75,000 from the football league due to the new agreement with the Premier Leage. Why is this not being incorporated into JC's budget? This may give him a little bit more freedom in the transfer market to keep the players that we have or to sign better players.

The issue with Bobby Grant seems crazy as well, he was waiting for a contract offer for a number of months and by all accounts didn't receive an offer till Scunthorpe were sniffing around. He was willing to sign up on a two year contract by all accounts which would have meant there wouldnt have been any messing around with tribunals etc. The trouble with the situation now is that the money received will be around 6 months down the line when it is too late. Contingencies need putting into place so that this is never repeated ie give players longer contracts so that they have security and we are able to command decent fees for any that want to leave.

All these episodes show that the management never seem to learn from past mistakes so until the relevant people either sort themselves out or step aside then the club can never move forward.

Grimps 01-06-2010 00:09

time for sum one to move the rubbish out the club .... only one way to go

JEFF 01-06-2010 09:48

This is all based on a report in the Telegraph. Ilyas has said before not to believe everything that was reported in the Telegraph and that he did not like to speak to them, so let's just wait and see what happens. John and Jimmy have been eleven years without written contracts and have had verbal rolling contracts so why would they suddenly start to demad written contracts. It is close season and the papers have nothing to report so they print anything. We go through this every close season with players leaving and us signing replacements at the last minute, we are not the only team to do this. Look at Dagenham, their budget isn't much different to ours and they are promoted. They lose players every season and replace them, so let's just wait and see.

Grimps 01-06-2010 10:00

contracts do not take weeks to do ... players do go but not the best the best stay to be red for 2010-11 the one that go for $$$$$ .... that we do not have ... but its still time 4 sum one to speak out let us the fans know .. we saved the club.... but its still not good 4 people in the club,

shakermaker 01-06-2010 10:05

I know there'll be a lot of paper hype but it's not just that, is it. That's why in the original post I quoted Jimmy Bell and none of the article. To my reading there's a lot in his quote without even reading the article.

We all know that they've been working without a contract for eleven years, and that if we were to lose them, the loss wouldn't be lessened by any compensation package (unless it included Jose Mourinho). But, when a contract is 'days away' from being signed over six weeks ago, the anger and confusion is understandable.

This is one thing I can never understand about O'Neill. Why say things are about to happen when they just won't? It's much better to say that things aren't going to happen and to give a reason for why, than to say they will happen without ever following through.

cashman 01-06-2010 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF (Post 819431)
This is all based on a report in the Telegraph. Ilyas has said before not to believe everything that was reported in the Telegraph and that he did not like to speak to them, so let's just wait and see what happens. John and Jimmy have been eleven years without written contracts and have had verbal rolling contracts so why would they suddenly start to demad written contracts. It is close season and the papers have nothing to report so they print anything. We go through this every close season with players leaving and us signing replacements at the last minute, we are not the only team to do this. Look at Dagenham, their budget isn't much different to ours and they are promoted. They lose players every season and replace them, so let's just wait and see.

after facing oblivion through mismangement, surely for people to have any faith at all, the openess n transparency promised has to materialise?:confused: it certainly HAS NOT.:( the statement about those contracts is a prime example.:( waiting n seeing fer people who never keep their word is not acceptable in my book.:(

theresonlyoneaccy 01-06-2010 11:23

Quote:

This is all based on a report in the Telegraph.

Right, so where's the confirmation it has happened on the fishy site?

Revived Red 01-06-2010 11:53

Quote:

John and Jimmy have been eleven years without written contracts and have had verbal rolling contracts so why would they suddenly start to demad written contracts.

There are three answers to this. Firstly, their talents seem to have been in demand elsewhere. Secondly, in view of their achievements, I would have thought that they were entitled to a more formal arrangement. Thirdly, maybe the idea of anything "verbal" with David O'Neill does not appeal to them. It certainly would not appeal to me.

Quote:

It is close season and the papers have nothing to report so they print anything.

I think I am correct in saying that the report started in mid-April, before the close season.

Quote:

We go through this every close season with players leaving and us signing replacements at the last minute

Agreed, but in view of the potential that we saw last season, I think we are justified in expressing the hope that something more positive and tangible would be happening during this close season.

cashman 01-06-2010 12:06

Whilst i agree the "Telegraph" is capable of reporting any owd crap, this report if untrue would surely put "Jimmy Bell" in n awkward/embarrasing position? as it is close season n not as busy i would assume, it would be very simple to refute either to media/radio/or fishy site? as nowt as happened i can only assume theres some truth in it.

AccyMad 02-06-2010 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 819375)

But then Wyn, D o'N has said so many things which everyone responding to this post ( so far!) have quite accurately identified as bordering on prevarication ! . He must surely recognise by now that all of his unsubtantiated proclamations
made in the press and elsewhere merely have the effect of driving a wedge between the true fans of our club and all that he is attempting to achieve in his position as Managing Director...plus alienating himself as a person from all those whose support he must so desperately rely upon at this time.
I also wonder at times if his ramblings are actually aimed at preparing we supporters for another collapse of the Club's
affairs ?..........or am I , having discarded my red-coloured spectacles once again !.....merely looking for some writing on the wall which might just make some sense of the whole catalogue of failed Management and communications listed as presentations of inaccurate and divisive communications from those in whose hands the future of Accrington Stanley rests.

John and Jimmy deserve so much better......perhaps Ilyas Khan and Peter Marsden can resolve the situation so much better than those who have failed them so far ?....
I sincerely hope so !!...

ON STANLEY......ON !!!!

Unfortunately, I don't think O'Neil realises anything of the kind - apparently at the presentation evening he was telling folk he is determined to win the 'Supporter of the Year' award at the end of next season - he's got quite a job to do if he's going to achieve that particular aim :rolleyes:

JEFF 02-06-2010 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 819676)
Unfortunately, I don't think O'Neil realises anything of the kind - apparently at the presentation evening he was telling folk he is determined to win the 'Supporter of the Year' award at the end of next season - he's got quite a job to do if he's going to achieve that particular aim :rolleyes:

I think that O'Neill & Heyes are more likely to be fighting it out to be 'Liar of the Year' and if O'Neill wins he can receive his prize 'next week'

DAV007 02-06-2010 13:29

Money and status
they seem to be the only things that motivate the deadly duo.
If Heys or D'on cared about stanley, they would acknowledge their track records leave them wanting and move
on.
But while most of you keep buying season tickets and merchandise, they wont be to concerned with your opinion.

SammyGsStanleyUltras 02-06-2010 15:59

I think we should concentrate on getting these two signed up rather than players these to are the heart of accy oneill sign them up, oneill oneill sign them up

Tealeaf 02-06-2010 17:06

I know this is a long shot - but I wonder if this may have 'owt to do with the formal transfer of share ownership between EW and D'O'n? If this has still not gone through then the former still has a trump card....I dunno, maybe I've missed something.

cashman 02-06-2010 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 819728)
I know this is a long shot - but I wonder if this may have 'owt to do with the formal transfer of share ownership between EW and D'O'n? If this has still not gone through then the former still has a trump card....I dunno, maybe I've missed something.

If it is T, at least the DoN could have said his comment in April, had not come to fruition cos of unforseen circs? unless he don't know the meaning of transparency.:rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 02-06-2010 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 819682)
But while most of you keep buying season tickets and merchandise, they wont be to concerned with your opinion.

That's the ticket, eh, DAV007? Starve the club of funds and send them into another financial tailspin, effectively rendering all Ilyas's and Peter's good work as pointless.

Still, I don't expect you to listen to me; after all you're the one who thinks I have "some sort of connection with the O'Neill and Heyes double act".

I would suggest instead that you get in touch with Ilyas and see what he thinks of your idea.

Remember to come back and tell us what he says.

jaytee 02-06-2010 19:59

Well the Bradford job is taken and Graham Turner is red Favourite to take over at Shrewsbury. First we've heard of JC having his hat in the ring.

Shurm 02-06-2010 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 819798)
That's the ticket, eh, DAV007? Starve the club of funds and send them into another financial tailspin, effectively rendering all Ilyas's and Peter's good work as pointless.

Still, I don't expect you to listen to me; after all you're the one who thinks I have "some sort of connection with the O'Neill and Heyes double act".

I would suggest instead that you get in touch with Ilyas and see what he thinks of your idea.

Remember to come back and tell us what he says.

Sorry but all the money Ilyas put in to save the club is that now a debt owed by the club back to him ? I seem to remember the people of Accrington raising 100k so I think its only fair people know whats going on regarding things within the club. EW and DO put no money in when the club needed it yet they still play this stupid game with the shares that suits them whilst everyone else is rallying round and raising money etc. I feel DAV007 has a point.

Wynonie Harris 02-06-2010 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 819810)
I feel DAV007 has a point.

So, basically what you're saying is that none of us should turn up to watch them and none of us should buy any merchandise? Could you explain how that's going to help the club?

cashman 02-06-2010 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 819812)
So, basically what you're saying is that none of us should turn up to watch them and none of us should buy any merchandise? Could you explain how that's going to help the club?

thats n answer i'd love to hear.:rolleyes:

Shurm 02-06-2010 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 819812)

I never said that you did all I said was DAV007 has a point whilst everyone is carrying on like there is no problems nothing will change they will be quite happy to drag on the share transfer and EW effectively still owns the club ?

All I know is people gave their hard earned money to help save the club including my friends and work collegues yet the fiasco of who owns what is still carrying on. Yes there has been improvements with the shop etc but the contracts of the JC and JB still not being sorted is a joke as well.

People of Accrington deserve better, out of interest is this like what happened at Chester were fans finally got fed up with the management/owners that they would rather start all over again than keep supporting a corrupt regime ?

Wynonie Harris 02-06-2010 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 819810)
Sorry but all the money Ilyas put in to save the club is that now a debt owed by the club back to him ?

Shurm, would you have preferred Ilyas to have just given the money as an unconditional gift? Because if he had, EW would still have the power of his 51% shareholding behind him. As I understand it, the money Ilyas has put in could be converted into shares, thus giving Ilyas effective control of the club if need be. Surely that's a better option than just handing the dosh over?

Wynonie Harris 02-06-2010 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 819816)
I never said that you did all I said was DAV007 has a point whilst everyone is carrying on like there is no problems nothing will change they will be quite happy to drag on the share transfer and EW effectively still owns the club ?

Everyone is carrying on like there is no problem? You have got to be joking! D'on comes in for a barrage of criticism on a daily basis on this forum from the majority of posters (including me).

However, withdrawing our support from the club is definitely NOT the answer. You say that DAV007 has a point. Yes, his point is that we shouldn't go to home matches and shouldn't buy merchandise (and presumably draw tickets). In other words, we should slowly strangle the club. My point is, do you agree with him or not?

Shurm 02-06-2010 21:42

If thats true then yes of course its better, ideally I would have liked the money to have been unconditional but also for EW to have disappeared from the scene all together. DO still doesn't give me much confidence either, I tell you what if I win the lottery I'll pay the bloody lot off unconditionally and thats a promise (will have to be over 1m though with most going to other charities :D).

I've made my stand I won't return till its sorted I'll buy a shirt probably and always look for the results but I just find it frustrating that the 'blind faith' just go on like nothing has happened I really thought it was time for a big change at the club :(.

Just my opinion not trying to fall out with anyone I'm just more frustrated than most that the club isn't run as well as it should be, even though its probably better in some ways than it has been in the past :rolleyes:.

Wynonie Harris 02-06-2010 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 819821)
I've made my stand I won't return till its sorted

Well. I find that sad, especially from a fellow "lifer", but hopefully you'll be back! It's in your blood, so you've no choice! ;)

Shurm 02-06-2010 21:59

I will be mate as soon as its sorted I only live 5 mins away and see everyone walking to games thats frustrating as well, I can even hear the noise.:(

DAV007 02-06-2010 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 819820)
Everyone is carrying on like there is no problem? You have got to be joking! D'on comes in for a barrage of criticism on a daily basis on this forum from the majority of posters (including me).

However, withdrawing our support from the club is definitely NOT the answer. You say that DAV007 has a point. Yes, his point is that we shouldn't go to home matches and shouldn't buy merchandise (and presumably draw tickets). In other words, we should slowly strangle the club. My point is, do you agree with him or not?

Lots of emotional language as opposed to discussing the facts.

These men will not listen to any of you and change will not occur unless you starve them of the 2 things they love.
Money and status.

That means 2 things.
At away games, vocal protests which embarrasses the owners/management while they are living it up with opposing directors and highlights their short comings.
Not buying season tickets or merchandise and starving them of their cash

Im sorry, but you have never offered an alternative way of making a protest that is effective
you have never discussed what motivates the owners of the club

if you keep giving them your cash and attendance, you are not protesting but supporting them.

short term pain for long term gain, its the only way to get them out.

cashman 02-06-2010 23:10

would that not possibly be long term oblivion davo?:confused: ilyas aint a bottomless pit.:confused: you got this great idea, what would sustain the club if that happened?

DAV007 02-06-2010 23:25

cashman - the current owners cant sustain the club

cashman 02-06-2010 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 819827)
cashman - the current owners cant sustain the club

they seem to have no debt at the moment, from what we can gather. i agree they aint competant, but starving the club of cash would bring on another 62.

Wynonie Harris 03-06-2010 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 819825)

Starving THEM of their cash? No, starving the club we love of cash, until it dies. Is that what you want?

I also notice that you avoided mentioning Ilyas, the person who has ensured that we still have a club. Perhaps you think that his views don't matter?

Once again, I will ask you quite seriously - get in touch with Ilyas and see what he thinks of your suggestions. He's very approachable and he is willing to listen to criticisms from fans...I've certainly bent his ear enough times! So, go on, ask him.

DAV007 03-06-2010 07:51

I have said all along, while Iylas donations are appreciated, it is morally wrong that he is holding up a untangable board.
I take Iylas point arguing the shares are in monetary terms worthless but they do still control who runs the club; malority ownership is where the power lies.

Once again, you are quick
to attack so i ask you again, inform me of an effective way to protest?
What do you think motivates o'neill and whalley?

cashman 03-06-2010 07:57

if that was n attack, ya need to get help.:rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 03-06-2010 08:10

I would have thought that money is power, rather than paper shares. The way I understand it, if Ilyas converts his investment into the club into shares, he will have the majority holding and that's what counts.

As for the motivation of the club management, as I'm a not a mind reader I wouldn't like to say; I'm far more concerned about their ability to run the club.

If people want to protest, that's up to them. Starving the club of money can only lead to its demise.

JEFF 03-06-2010 09:09

If somebody buys EW shares then the money goes into EW pocket. Do you want to line EW pocket? EW is not a Director, he is not on the board and has no say in running the Club. Yes he has 51% and if he wanted he could call a shareholders meeting and out vote everybody else. But, as has been said before, if that was likely then Ilyas would convert the money he has invested in the Club into shares and then EW would end up with about 25% so there is no problem. The only person to benefit by the sale of EW shares is EW himself, so what is everybody's problem. Unless you DAV and Shurm are supporters of EW and want to see him line his back pocket. You are not starving EW and DON of money you are starving the Club of money, so carrry on and get a few more on your side and then we can return to non-league and obscurity, we will end up in the North West Counties with Chester, would that make you happy?

Shurm 03-06-2010 10:31

Surely it should be DO buying the shares of EW not the club ? Have I got that wrong ? If so yeah pay the fella and get rid of him once and for all what's wrong with that ?

Whalley Red 03-06-2010 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 819825)
Lots of emotional language as opposed to discussing the facts.

These men will not listen to any of you and change will not occur unless you starve them of the 2 things they love.
Money and status.

That means 2 things.
At away games, vocal protests which embarrasses the owners/management while they are living it up with opposing directors and highlights their short comings.

Im sorry, but you have never offered an alternative way of making a protest that is effective
you have never discussed what motivates the owners of the club

if you keep giving them your cash and attendance, you are not protesting but supporting them.

short term pain for long term gain, its the only way to get them out.

Starve the club of cash until O'Neill and Heys have no other option than to resign?

The problem is that since the High Court action, the Club hasn't been in such strong a financial position for a number of years due to Ilyas and Peter Marsden.

Should they have let the Club be wound up at the High Court? That would have removed O'Neill and Heys from their posts ... would this be, in your words, "short term pain for long term gain"?

Alternatively, should we hope that the players lose in Round 1 of all its Cup games next so it starves the Club of all the unexpected Cup income that we received last year?

Utter nonsense.

I'll never stop giving my money to Accrington Stanley and I'll never stop supporting the team. No amount of grievance with individuals at the Club would ever stop me doing either of those.

Wynonie Harris 03-06-2010 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 819885)
I'll never stop giving my money to Accrington Stanley and I'll never stop supporting the team. No amount of grievance with individuals at the Club would ever stop me doing either of those.

Sums it up perfectly for me! :)

Shurm 03-06-2010 11:04

Sorry is it better then he doesn't get paid then ? I'm confused :confused: :D

just wanted him out the way !!!

cashman 03-06-2010 11:19

Shurm many are confused,:D but from my viewpoint if he don't get paid, he don't benefit, if the shares stay in his name, they are worthless to him. thats my 2 pennorth.

Shurm 03-06-2010 11:31

Right so really it ain't ever going to get sorted then ? But it's nothing to worry about either ?

Wynonie Harris 03-06-2010 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 819898)
Shurm many are confused,:D but from my viewpoint if he don't get paid, he don't benefit, if the shares stay in his name, they are worthless to him. thats my 2 pennorth.

...would agree and, also, the shares give him no power, despite him having 51% because if Ilyas's investment were converted into shares, it would be much larger than EW's shareholding. That's my understanding of the situation, anyway!

cashman 03-06-2010 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 819904)
Right so really it ain't ever going to get sorted then ? But it's nothing to worry about either ?

it will get sorted at some point no doubt, but as fer worry, i am delighted he's having to wait fer his dosh.:D;) only thing concerns me is the contract fer coley n jimmy.

Tealeaf 03-06-2010 11:45

The problem as I see it is that if EW is reluctant to sell off all or some of his current shareholding - probably because the price cannot be agreed upon - then the only alternative is to force a debt/equity swap on the basis that that is the best course of action for the club and it's creditors. The problem with this is that it involves a rather complex legal procedure under company law which may well lead to the courts placing the company into administration while the matter is sorted out. And none of us want that, do we?

Whalley Red 03-06-2010 11:58

The sale and price of the shares had been agreed last year. Reading the posts on this matter (which are therefore always second-hand at best), there are sticking points of which the main one being that EW claims that he is owed money by the Club which was in the form of loans.

Ilyas has taken overall charge of a financial investigation of the Club's affairs and therefore there has been a full audit. Once the results of this are presented to Ilyas, the issue of whether EW is rightfully owed money for loans can be resolved.

Therefore it will get sorted at some point, one way or another. I am in no position to bid for these shares myself, so my only interest is in how it affects the funds available for the team. Unless we have to pay back hundreds of thousands of pounds to EW (I don't know the proper figure, but I would imagine it would be tens of thousands at most), I can't see how it makes much difference to the team's finances. However I have confidence in Ilyas' ability to make a proper investigation into the Club's finances and ensure that we have a solid footing for the future.

Stanleymad 03-06-2010 12:05

Eric got us in debt how on earth can the club owe him owt :confused: without Ilyas taking the debt on so we survive, its Ilyas we owe not eric as far as im concerned :(

Tealeaf 03-06-2010 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 819912)
The sale and price of the shares had been agreed last year. Reading the posts on this matter (which are therefore always second-hand at best), there are sticking points of which the main one being that EW claims that he is owed money by the Club which was in the form of loans.

Ilyas has taken overall charge of a financial investigation of the Club's affairs and therefore there has been a full audit. Once the results of this are presented to Ilyas, the issue of whether EW is rightfully owed money for loans can be resolved.

Therefore it will get sorted at some point, one way or another. I am in no position to bid for these shares myself, so my only interest is in how it affects the funds available for the team. Unless we have to pay back hundreds of thousands of pounds to EW (I don't know the proper figure, but I would imagine it would be tens of thousands at most), I can't see how it makes much difference to the team's finances. However I have confidence in Ilyas' ability to make a proper investigation into the Club's finances and ensure that we have a solid footing for the future.

Surely the share sale at an agreed price and the matter of what is on the balance sheet are seperate issues? If the sale was agreed last year, then why has it still not gone through some 12 months later?

Both the club and EW as a successful businessman should have had full documention as to what monies he made as loans and what monies entered the revenue accounts. This should be a relatively simple matter. If the books have become muddied, however or were never right in the first place then the agreed sale could only have been done on a conditional basis. This was not what the supporters and people of Accy were told at the time - we were told that the share transfer was a clear cut matter.

Anyway, I certainly don't envy Ilyas in sorting out this mess.

PS...I think we've got a bit of a thread wonder here...the reason Coley and Jimmy have not signed is probably far more innocuous.

JEFF 03-06-2010 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 819884)
Surely it should be DO buying the shares of EW not the club ? Have I got that wrong ? If so yeah pay the fella and get rid of him once and for all what's wrong with that ?

Of course it's not the Club buying the shares. What gave you that idea ? Why don't you 'pay the fella and get rid of him once and for all' ?

Shurm 03-06-2010 13:52

Surely those two agreed a deal to buy the shares in the first place for DO to take over ? So why has he not just paid him for them ?

Sorry I'm only asking simple questions, no need to get upset pal :D

Pendle Red 03-06-2010 13:59

The longer all the uncertaintity drags on the worse it seems to make the situation and around in circles we go:(

It wouldn't take too much to put the record straight maybe just an Satement of exactly where we are?:)

JEFF 03-06-2010 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 819929)
Surely those two agreed a deal to buy the shares in the first place for DO to take over ? So why has he not just paid him for them ?

Sorry I'm only asking simple questions, no need to get upset pal :D

Probably for the same reason that you haven't bought them HE HASN'T GOT THE MONEY.

Shurm 03-06-2010 14:38

When did I say I didn't have the money :D

So DO agrees to buy EWs worthless 51% of shares but decides not to pay.
So have these shares anything to do with who owns what within the football club ? And because we now have a debt to ilyas these shares can be reduced to around 25% so no one has overall control ?

Is that ok Jeff am I getting there pal :rolleyes:

anyway hope JC and JB sign soon :D

Shurm 03-06-2010 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 819931)
The longer all the uncertaintity drags on the worse it seems to make the situation and around in circles we go:(

It wouldn't take too much to put the record straight maybe just an Satement of exactly where we are?:)

that would be a really good idea get Jeff off my back.;)

JEFF 03-06-2010 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 819941)
So DO agrees to buy EWs worthless 51% of shares but decides not to pay.
So have these shares anything to do with who owns what within the football club ? And because we now have a debt to ilyas these shares can be reduced to around 25% so no one has overall control ?

I think that's about it yes. So it doesn't really matter who has EW's worthless shares, but as long as DON doesn't pay for them then EW has nothing to put in his back pocket. So let EW keep his worthless shares. Let's stop bothering about it and let Ilyas get on with it.

Shurm 03-06-2010 14:55

Sorted ;)

your good at this stuff Jeff ever thought of being a spokesperson for the club ?

Wynonie Harris 03-06-2010 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 819950)
Sorted ;)

your good at this stuff Jeff ever thought of being a spokesperson for the club ?

So does this mean you're coming back next season? :)

Tealeaf 03-06-2010 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF (Post 819948)
I think that's about it yes. So it doesn't really matter who has EW's worthless shares, but as long as DON doesn't pay for them then EW has nothing to put in his back pocket. So let EW keep his worthless shares. Let's stop bothering about it and let Ilyas get on with it.

Sorry, Jeff, but I think you're wrong. If those shares are worhless then EW would have got rid of them in a fire sale long ago. Without looking at the latest balance sheet I would guess that net assets are somewhat less than net liabilities, taking into account the various loans put into the club by EW, Ilyas, Peter Marsden and others.

However, you are failing to take into account goodwill and - more importantly - the brand name that ASFC has. Quite honestly, that brand name - if correctly managed - has a value far higher than any of the tangible assets of the club and that probably includes the players on contract. I really can't put an estimation on it but it is without doubt substancial.

EW has the club by the short 'n'curlys here; if he does not get back what he is asking for - loans, donations, or whatever he now wants to call them - then he holds on to his shares. The other creditors can of course, then ask for their loans back but but where does that money come from? If they then decide to pursue the matter then they will not be held in the best shining light as at most they can probably only recover a few pennies in the pound and they will then be held for the financial demise of ASFC.

The only good news in this is that we are not the only club in the boat; look at what is happening at both Liverpool and MUFC, where obstinate owners are holding out for maximum financial gain at the expense of their respective clubs.

Stanleymad 03-06-2010 15:32

I tend to agree with what tealeaf said there thats my feeling also and u particularly remember that fateful morning. I do worry!

JEFF 03-06-2010 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 819964)
EW has the club by the short 'n'curlys here; if he does not get back what he is asking for - loans, donations, or whatever he now wants to call them - then he holds on to his shares. The other creditors can of course, then ask for their loans back but but where does that money come from?

It makes no difference if he does hold on to his shares so let him. What other creditors are you talking about ?

Tealeaf 03-06-2010 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF (Post 819973)
It makes no difference if he does hold on to his shares so let him. What other creditors are you talking about ?

Err...it makes one hell of a difference if he has the majority shareholding. The other creditors, are of course Ilyas, PM et all. The problem lies in the process of converting their loans into equity. I mentioned this in my earlier post - No 63 on this thread. It all boils down to the legal procedures to be followed if he EW decides to hang on.

Nickelson 03-06-2010 16:10

I for one have had enough of this, can the ASSF please stand up and be counted. Did Ilyas transfer those shares.
As a club we are small, however we own two elite things. Our name and league status - something which 90 percent of non league players want to play in. As a club we need to hold open trails that are proper advertised for prospective players to display their talents.

Can someone explain, how our budget has already taken into account the extra league money, when this has only just been announced ?. I understand the risks of longer term contracts however its a gamble which also has its positives, if you unearth a prospect.

We need to invest in proper training facilities not the ones at preston sports arena, ones in which have proper changing facilities as currently after training they use the ones in the crown, and we all know how good they are. No wonder Kee went to torquay !

Redash 03-06-2010 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 819980)
Err...it makes one hell of a difference if he has the majority shareholding. The other creditors, are of course Ilyas, PM et all. The problem lies in the process of converting their loans into equity. I mentioned this in my earlier post - No 63 on this thread. It all boils down to the legal procedures to be followed if he EW decides to hang on.

At a board meeting earlier this year, the board Ilyas, Peter and Do'n voted for a £200,000 share issue, whereby, Ilyas can convert his financial aid into £200,000 worth of shares.

As it stands, EW has 51% of the shares, he agreed a price with DO'N to buy these shares, EW has said he lent the club £xxx but can't prove it. DO'N or the club don't want to pay EW for the £xxx loan until it is proved how much and when was lent. Hence the share transfer stalling.

If EW decides he wants the club back with his 51% of the shares, then Ilyas will exercise is option to make his financial aid into shares, instantly making EW's holding 25% and worthless on it's own.

Can everyone follow that.

Wynonie Harris 03-06-2010 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redash (Post 819986)
At a board meeting earlier this year, the board Ilyas, Peter and Do'n voted for a £200,000 share issue, whereby, Ilyas can convert his financial aid into £200,000 worth of shares.

As it stands, EW has 51% of the shares, he agreed a price with DO'N to buy these shares, EW has said he lent the club £xxx but can't prove it. DO'N or the club don't want to pay EW for the £xxx loan until it is proved how much and when was lent. Hence the share transfer stalling.

If EW decides he wants the club back with his 51% of the shares, then Ilyas will exercise is option to make his financial aid into shares, instantly making EW's holding 25% and worthless on it's own.

Cheers for that, mate, message received! That's very reassuring to know! :)

Nickelson 03-06-2010 16:17

Yeah, but I still feel DON is a scapegoat for EW failure.

ukcowboy 03-06-2010 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickelson (Post 819991)
Yeah, but I still feel DON is a scapegoat for EW failure.

There is no doubt, in my eyes, that EW screwed ASFC re tax and creditors............the man is/was a finacial dinosaur, and then got out before the preverbial hit the fan.

Now as for the DON, he admitted in PUBLIC that he was well aware of the financial state of the club when He decided to buy out EW, He also admitted that He did NOT have the financial ability to pour cash into the club and sort out the mess. Nor would He be seeking to do so! Throughout all of the tax problems time and time again He LIED to both the fans and public of Accrington, knowing full well that there was very little if any chance of paying off the debt. On the final day (when IK and PM stumped up the cash a the court hearing) both He and Rob went to London with NOTHING TO OFFER.................ASFC would have been closed there and then.

So to say DON is a scapegoat is IMHO a farcical statement!!

The man cannot be trusted...................simples!

Pendle Red 03-06-2010 16:51

WE ARE TOO SMALL A CLUB TO HAVE FACTIONS!!

Please somebody make a statement and let's put the whole sorry saga to bed once & for all and move on looking forward not backward all the time.

It's like sitting on a time bomb:eek:

Tealeaf 03-06-2010 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redash (Post 819986)

OK..this then should put it to bed. When the £200K share issue was voted on, did that vote include EW's 51% voting right? If so, then it's done and dusted..if not, it's meaningless.

Simple, really.

Redash 03-06-2010 18:12

This is the thread about the shareholders meeting, not board-meeting as I originally stated.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ers-51303.html

Amongst other things, it has been stated that DO'N has the 51%, but it is unclear whether he has paid for them or not. The issue with EW's loans is why the transfer has not been formalised. My understanding is that as DO'N was majority share holder at the time, (whether he still is, is unclear) and voted for the share issue.

Other bits and pieces picked up over the last few months, has led me to believe that my earlier post is the most accurate, understanding of the situation.

I also agree with Jeff that there is nothing to worry about.

cashman 03-06-2010 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 820024)
OK..this then should put it to bed. When the £200K share issue was voted on, did that vote include EW's 51% voting right? If so, then it's done and dusted..if not, it's meaningless.

Simple, really.

Please explain to this numpty T, if it included E.W.s 51% or not? cos if it didn't n then if fer circumstance ilyas converted his loan to shares twould leave E.W. with 25% as i understand things.:confused: so therefore to my tiny mind that 25% would be meaningless, i'm simple really.:D

Whalley Red 03-06-2010 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 820024)

Simple, really.

No, it doesn't include EW's shares ... that is irrelevant. If EW has 51% of the current number of shares and the number of shares doubles (i.e. there is a 200K NEW share issue), EW's share of the TOTAL shares would drop to 25%.

VALAIRIAN 03-06-2010 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcowboy (Post 820003)
There is no doubt, in my eyes, that EW screwed ASFC re tax and creditors............the man is/was a finacial dinosaur, and then got out before the preverbial hit the fan.

Now as for the DON, he admitted in PUBLIC that he was well aware of the financial state of the club when He decided to buy out EW, He also admitted that He did NOT have the financial ability to pour cash into the club and sort out the mess. Nor would He be seeking to do so! Throughout all of the tax problems time and time again He LIED to both the fans and public of Accrington, knowing full well that there was very little if any chance of paying off the debt. On the final day (when IK and PM stumped up the cash a the court hearing) both He and Rob went to London with NOTHING TO OFFER.................ASFC would have been closed there and then.

So to say DON is a scapegoat is IMHO a farcical statement!!

The man cannot be trusted...................simples!

Spot on post UK!!!!!

VALAIRIAN 03-06-2010 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendle Red (Post 820012)
WE ARE TOO SMALL A CLUB TO HAVE FACTIONS!!

Please somebody make a statement and let's put the whole sorry saga to bed once & for all and move on looking forward not backward all the time.

It's like sitting on a time bomb:eek:

If this thread goes any further off topic, it will be on topic :rolleyes: :D :D

Let's just hope there is some good news tonight!!!! :)

Tealeaf 03-06-2010 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 820059)
No, it doesn't include EW's shares ... that is irrelevant. If EW has 51% of the current number of shares and the number of shares doubles (i.e. there is a 200K NEW share issue), EW's share of the TOTAL shares would drop to 25%.

Am I banging my head against a brick wall here? The point is quite simple...If EW has 51% of the shares then he still in control of the club..and as such he has the final say on whether there is a new share issue or not - irrespective of the consequences.

There is another point that concerns me and that is the protracted time it has now taken to determin exactly what is owed to EW in the form of loans to the club and what is not. As far as I am aware, the accounts deposited at companies house were in the shortened form which gives a balance sheet and a summary P & L. None of these accounts to my knowledge have been qualified (that is, the auditors have not been entirely happy with the financial statements). Even with the shortened form of accounts, they need to see a fully reconcilied list of Directors Loans.

Given (I believe) that the last accounts deposited are for the year ending summer 2008, then the only issue should be the movement on loans for the year to 2009 when EW agreed to flog his shares. So what is the problem? Have the previous accounts been incorrect and if so why have they been signed off? Has there been a second (illegal) set of books? Any ideas, anyone?

Redash 03-06-2010 20:08

I think the main problem with the accounts, is that nobody could find a pen to write in the books.

Whalley Red 03-06-2010 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 820079)
Am I banging my head against a brick wall here? The point is quite simple...If EW has 51% of the shares then he still in control of the club..and as such he has the final say on whether there is a new share issue or not - irrespective of the consequences.

That is not the case under company law. Boards of Directors have the power to issue new share issues, it is not EW's decision. The only case in which Board of Directors are not allowed issue new share would be if the sole purpose was to undermine a voting majority. So long as the new share issue was to raise capital (which is clearly needed), it would be 'proper' and so EW cannot block it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 820079)
There is another point that concerns me and that is the protracted time it has now taken to determin exactly what is owed to EW in the form of loans to the club and what is not. As far as I am aware, the accounts deposited at companies house were in the shortened form which gives a balance sheet and a summary P & L. None of these accounts to my knowledge have been qualified (that is, the auditors have not been entirely happy with the financial statements). Even with the shortened form of accounts, they need to see a fully reconcilied list of Directors Loans.

Given (I believe) that the last accounts deposited are for the year ending summer 2008, then the only issue should be the movement on loans for the year to 2009 when EW agreed to flog his shares. So what is the problem? Have the previous accounts been incorrect and if so why have they been signed off? Has there been a second (illegal) set of books? Any ideas, anyone?

As outlined earlier and in previous threads, Ilyas is leading a full and proper investigation of the Club's financial affairs. Given the ad hoc nature these affairs in the past, this has clearly taken some time to complete. Unless you think that Ilyas has no incentive to find out the truth, there is no issue here other than for us to trust Ilyas' judgement when the facts become clearer. Because of the nature of what may be uncovered, not all the information may be put in the public domain, so once again, the issue to trust Ilyas with this.

lancsdave 03-06-2010 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redash (Post 820089)
I think the main problem with the accounts, is that nobody could find a pen to write in the books.

The problem is they started to put health warnings on fag packets, this doesn't leave any room for the accounts :)

Tealeaf 03-06-2010 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 820093)
That is not the case under company law. Boards of Directors have the power to issue new share issues, it is not EW's decision. The only case in which Board of Directors are not allowed issue new share would be if the sole purpose was to undermine a voting majority. So long as the new share issue was to raise capital (which is clearly needed), it would be 'proper' and so EW cannot block it.

OOps! My comment in red:
Boards certainly do have the power to issue new shares - that is one of the reasons they're there. But who elects the Directors? Last time I looked it was the shareholders and as there is technically still one majority shareholder then that means he has the clout. However there are certain minority shareholder rights which togeather with the Directors duties in protecting the interests of the company(club) suggest that EW would not take any action to undermine this. But after the events of the last few years, nothing would surprise me any more in what could happen.
As outlined earlier and in previous threads, Ilyas is leading a full and proper investigation of the Club's financial affairs. Given the ad hoc nature these affairs in the past, this has clearly taken some time to complete. Unless you think that Ilyas has no incentive to find out the truth, there is no issue here other than for us to trust Ilyas' judgement when the facts become clearer. Because of the nature of what may be uncovered, not all the information may be put in the public domain, so once again, the issue to trust Ilyas with this.

I certainly have every confidence in Ilyas sorting this mess out. But what surprises me is this - if the books are as bad as is now suggested by the time scale of the investigation and audit, how the hell were they deposited at Companies House?

DAV007 03-06-2010 22:01

I have every confidence in Iyas, but arent we still waiting for the results of a detailed investigation into the gambling affair?

nige b 03-06-2010 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 820095)
The problem is they started to put health warnings on fag packets, this doesn't leave any room for the accounts :)

top quote however i like to think that we all beleive in iiyas and trust him implicitally and totally beleive that he will sort out the unbeleivable mess left by EW and co

yonmon 03-06-2010 22:14

I guess, having read so many posts in relation to the D'oN/ EW purchase and transfer of shares situation, that I too, having heard Ilyas Khan's proclamations on the subject, tend to think that, as an astute, extremely experienced, and mega-successful individual were matters fiscal are concerned, that he and those working for him will , sooner rather than later reveal the truth relating to this worriesome thorn in the side of the Club's Financial Management.
I also guess that this thread, which long since ignored it's original purpose of deploring the handling of the task of ensuring the services of John Coleman and Jimmy Bell by treating them like decent human beings, recognising their lasting value to the Club and negotiating relevant Contracts for the pair of them, will continue to examine Company Law etc ad infinatum until that happy day when all will be made clear by Ilyas Khan.
So Gentlemen, do carry it on, because I for one find your deliberations both elucidating and fascinating, never once thinking that, as a simple Fan of our Great Club,I would be treated to such a display of Fiscal Fireworks !.
Meantime, I do hope that D o'N will, in a splurge of his well-circulated spirit of transparency, tell us all that although it might have taken from April until now to finalise, type and sign the contracts for John and Jimmy, that these have become a reality rather than a meaningless utterance to local News-hounds !.

QUO VADIS STANLEY ?.

Wynonie Harris 04-06-2010 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 820109)
I have every confidence in Iyas

So let's get this right, you have every confidence in Ilyas, despite the fact that you think what he's doing is "morally wrong".

...and you're showing that confidence by...not turning up for home matches, refusing to buy a season ticket or merchandise and urging others to do the same.

I'd hate to see how you react to somebody you don't have confidence in! :rolleyes: