Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

yonmon 17-04-2021 08:12

Re: Super Sean McConville

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1252756)

Dear Yonmon.
Nobody could ever ‘talk down’ to you....You are much to tall for that to happen!
:130:

After my sad attempt at subtle irony Bob .. back to Sean !.
( Although it might dismay a certain lady and others to numerous to mention ! )

Two people have suggested to me recently . and I quote!...,
McConville ( not ‘Sean’ you will note ? ) is past it !.

I just thought that planting this seed of doubt here on the forum ,that it might be a useful topic for debate ?.

I will remain neutral as is my wont as controversy is not on my spectrum as you know !...

VALAIRIAN 17-04-2021 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonmon (Post 1252760)
After my sad attempt at subtle irony Bob .. back to Sean !.
( Although it might dismay a certain lady and others to numerous to mention ! )

Two people have suggested to me recently . and I quote!...,
McConville ( not ‘Sean’ you will note ? ) is past it !.

I just thought that planting this seed of doubt here on the forum ,that it might be a useful topic for debate ?.

I will remain neutral as is my wont as controversy is not on my spectrum as you know !...

He is far from 'past it' my good friend, but agree, he has not been at his usual level since the injury - whenever that was, I have lost track of time and seasons :D

Glad that you are well my good friend and really hope to be seeing you soon :)

:) :) :)

AccyMad 17-04-2021 09:22

Re: Sean Mc

I'm not rising to the bait as most on here probably know my views on 'our Sean' (not McConville you will note) - yes, he has struggled sometimes after his lengthy lay off but still don't think we have a better free kick taker

cashman 17-04-2021 09:36

do not disagree with his freekick taking but theres a lot more to football than that.

andyd 17-04-2021 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1252769)
I'm not rising to the bait as most on here probably know my views on 'our Sean' (not McConville you will note) - yes, he has struggled sometimes after his lengthy lay off but still don't think we have a better free kick taker

Nobody else gets a look in though so not much of a competition.

yonmon 17-04-2021 09:58

Quote:

So, I thought just be serious for once and post something sensible which
I did, or at least tried my best to ..and there it goes cast away like an old shoe !.

ON STANLEY ! ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.

monkey hanger 17-04-2021 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1252770)
do not disagree with his freekick taking but theres a lot more to football than that.

there is but how many are capable of taking a good one. add corners to that as well. at times with pundits on the box you,d think taking a dead ball kick was some out of the ordinary skill that only a few posess.

AccyMad 17-04-2021 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1252770)

Still not rising :D

VALAIRIAN 17-04-2021 10:09

Super Sean McConville

Quote:

His set pieces in general are very good and yes, he takes most of them, but as well as Coley trusting him, you hear plenty of praise from his team mates, whilst commentating on iFollow - must mean something :)

VALAIRIAN 17-04-2021 10:11

Super Sean McConville

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1252774)

Nobody more than Cashy gives him praise when it is due AccyMad, I think you know that :)

cashman 17-04-2021 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1252776)
Nobody more than Cashy gives him praise when it is due AccyMad, I think you know that :)

some cannot see that joe.:D

yonmon 17-04-2021 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1252774)

Go on !.. grasp the nettle and give us what for !

( Its the masochist in me !)

VALAIRIAN 23-04-2021 09:27

Super Sean McConville

Coincidence..... that our last 4 penalties - and the only ones in what seems like years - have been won by Sean??

Do not think so :)

andyd 23-04-2021 09:59

No coincidence either that he performs better out wide than in the central midfield role.

Div3North 23-04-2021 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1253045)
Coincidence..... that our last 4 penalties - and the only ones in what seems like years - have been won by Sean??

Do not think so :)

When the online ‘commentary’ said “Sean McConville draws a foul in the penalty area” for the second time, I thought, “Oh hello, well done him” :D:D:D

:theband::theband::theband: