Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   The King is gone = new management, who? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-king-is-gone-new-management-who-60467.html)

football19 23-01-2012 18:27

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Jimmy is defo going,shaker,why is it a bad idea to promote within?,keep the success and playing style going.Bring in a stranger,who brings his own lads in,changes our style,and don't forget,most of them are unemployed for a reason!

shakermaker 23-01-2012 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 964517)
Jimmy is defo going,shaker,why is it a bad idea to promote within?,keep the success and playing style going.Bring in a stranger,who brings his own lads in,changes our style,and don't forget,most of them are unemployed for a reason!

I have no problem with people like Richardson assisting Pato until the end of the season, it's beyond this term that I'm talking about really.

Tin Monkey's post made me think of another name, as I replied with. Nicky Law would be a gamble, but he's impressed in the non-league game.

Still think the position is made for Cook though.

smudgie 23-01-2012 18:31

I agree Cooky, Perfect appointment.

Tin Monkey 23-01-2012 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 964518)
Tin Monkey's post made me think of another name, as I replied with. Nicky Law would be a gamble, but he's impressed in the non-league game.

I hadn't thought of an actual name Shaker, but that's the kind of person I mean. He did a decent job at Chesterfield under difficult circumstances and you'd think he'd be hungry for another shot. It'd be a risk though, as you say.

Promoting from within is a possibility. Whilst appointing Bentley at Morecambe hasn't set the world on fire, he's not doing a bad job and he's made some decent signings.

football19 23-01-2012 18:39

Is this the Paul cook who once played at Wigan years ago?,I am not in a position to comment on his management potential,but is he upto speed on second division players/teams/styles etc...,if so then he's worth considerations

Tin Monkey 23-01-2012 18:41

What about Gary Flitcroft? You heard it here first! ;)

cashman 23-01-2012 18:41

After Coley n Jimmy any appointment is a risk in my book, which is why i prefer it from within until seasons end, then take it from there.:)

lancsdave 23-01-2012 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 964525)
Is this the Paul cook who once played at Wigan years ago?,

Twice :)

nige b 23-01-2012 18:45

There's always Westley made a bad start at Preston and he would evidently fit our club like a glove!

lancsdave 23-01-2012 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by nige b (Post 964531)
There's always Westley made a bad start at Preston and he would evidently fit our club like a glove!

You need one of these :hidewall:

nige b 23-01-2012 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 964532)
You need one of these :hidewall:

and probably one of those big Elmer Fudd guns;)

Pendle Red 23-01-2012 19:35

Any manager still under contract may fall into the compensation bracket?

pud 23-01-2012 19:43

Unsworth has left Preston (local contacts) but is inexperienced

stetrovers 23-01-2012 19:55

Mark Patterson is no good with or without money, he was once declared bankrupt. Was a brilliant player for the Rovers...

nige b 23-01-2012 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by stetrovers (Post 964568)
Mark Patterson is no good with or without money, he was once declared bankrupt. Was a brilliant player for the Rovers...

What on earth have his personal circumstances got to do with managing Stanley albeit on a short term basis when he will not have control of the purse strings