Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Paul Cook (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/paul-cook-62720.html)

Metallilad 23-10-2012 23:00

Paul Cook

Hello there everybody, Chesterfield supporter coming in peace.
The rumours are flying around here that Paul Cook is to be announced as our new manager tommorrow morning, has anybody heard anything at your end?
Got to say, when I saw you playing over here I was impressed by the way you played, although you lost it was one of the best performances this season by an away side Ive seen here and weve just lost to Fleetwood at that.

smobile 23-10-2012 23:03

Re: Paul Cook

It's made the daily mail

Chesterfield want Paul Cook as manager | Mail Online

smudgie 24-10-2012 06:59

Will be a shock, thats for sure!!

Metallilad 24-10-2012 08:15

Paul Walker‏@Walkerpw

Sources in Lancashire telling me Accrington's Paul Cook is being lined to be next manager of Chesterfield. Could happen this wk. #CFC

This "Paul Walker" fella is the Radio Sheffield sports presenter.
He's now saying that it will be announced in the next 24hrs.

maccawozzagod 24-10-2012 08:34

up to yesterday afternoon no approach had been made by Chesterfield so if the appointment is that imminent then surely an illegal approach?

Just make sure you leave a hefty compensation cheque as you leave

Whalley Red 24-10-2012 09:35

Depends on the clauses in Cooky's contract :frown:

cashman 24-10-2012 09:41

Also depends i suppose if yeh buy this story? I don't.

smobile 24-10-2012 09:46

I remember coley leaving for Bradford 3 times, Tranmere twice and Morecambe once before he did eventually go to Rochdale.

Believe it when it happens.

smudgie 24-10-2012 10:24

Good point smobile!!!

sparkie 24-10-2012 12:02

Smobile you missed out Lincoln city! Lol

tonyalveston 24-10-2012 12:15

All speculation!! I feel Paul Cook should forget same and concentrate on the job in hand, which is more than a simple task for anyone.

I was surprised last night by the long ball game. Paul asked in the Summer , for a good surface on which to play football, so what has happened to that. You will not entertain fans with the type of football we saw last night. when we had good results, we played the ball to feet. Let's get back to basics.

johnc 24-10-2012 12:32

Wont be sad to see him go, he seems clueless to me, he doesnt know he best 11, way to many players on the books, tactics are shocking, just banging the ball up front hoping for knock-ons, making joyce captain when he should even make the bench.

I think the lack of comment from the club and him bottling an interview after the game speaks volumes.

cashman 24-10-2012 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc (Post 1024224)
Wont be sad to see him go, he seems clueless to me, he doesnt know he best 11, way to many players on the books, tactics are shocking, just banging the ball up front hoping for knock-ons, making joyce captain when he should even make the bench.

I think the lack of comment from the club and him bottling an interview after the game speaks volumes.

To be honest johnc the only clueless thing i see is you.:rolleyes:

football19 24-10-2012 12:56

now now Cashy,everyone is entitled to there opinion !!!:)

Tommy McQueen 24-10-2012 13:03

Just been on Radio Lanc's quote looks like he is off to Chesterfield,Stanley will not deny or confirm an official approach has been made. More later today

johnc 24-10-2012 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1024225)

Great counter argument

DaveinGermany 24-10-2012 13:17

Also rumours on Sky sports.

Accrington Stanley manager Paul Cook in contention for Chesterfield job | Accrington Stanley News, Fixtures, Results, Table | Sky Sports

And here.

http://accringtonstanleyblog.wordpress.com/

cashman 24-10-2012 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1024232)
now now Cashy,everyone is entitled to there opinion !!!:)

Exactly i gave mine.:);)

cashman 24-10-2012 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc (Post 1024224)

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc (Post 1024236)
Great counter argument

So whats yer basis fer saying he bottled n interview after the game? Or do yeh know more than other fans? :rolleyes: Thats my counter fer saying yer clueless,:rolleyes:

AccyMad 24-10-2012 13:43

Who says he bottled the post match interview? Leam regularly does them and I don't recall any comment about that before??? :confused:

cashman 24-10-2012 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1024242)
Who says he bottled the post match interview? Leam regularly does them and I don't recall any comment about that before??? :confused:

johnc says hence me comment.:D

smobile 24-10-2012 14:33

Negotiating a compensation package according to Twitter, with cook keen to go :(

madkev 24-10-2012 14:41

Cheerio

johnc 24-10-2012 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1024239)
So whats yer basis fer saying he bottled n interview after the game? Or do yeh know more than other fans? :rolleyes: Thats my counter fer saying yer clueless,:rolleyes:

Maybe the interview comment was a little rash, but the rest stands, anyway looks like he is going and keen to do so, so to not put too fine a point on it f**k him

maccawozzagod 24-10-2012 14:51

who's Twitter is it on?

smobile 24-10-2012 14:55

@Asfcblog , am new to this though. Will try and link it.

cashman 24-10-2012 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc (Post 1024254)
Maybe the interview comment was a little rash, but the rest stands, anyway looks like he is going and keen to do so, so to not put too fine a point on it f**k him

If that turns out to be the case, thats summat we agree on johnc.:D

Metallilad 24-10-2012 15:18

Sorry about this chaps. Were not used to poaching other club managers, we usually go for the out of work blokes.
For what its worth, John Sheridan could do a job for you, I didn't want him sacked so I'd love to see him back in management.

Redraine 24-10-2012 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1024225)

Come on, Cashy. This guy is almost expressing how I also feel about the situation now, after being a big supporter of Cook.

smobile 24-10-2012 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallilad (Post 1024260)
Sorry about this chaps. Were not used to poaching other club managers, we usually go for the out of work blokes.
For what its worth, John Sheridan could do a job for you, I didn't want him sacked so I'd love to see him back in management.

Cheers, any chance we can have Jack Lester too? If only to stop him scoring against us!

Is it all done at your end?

cashman 24-10-2012 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1024262)
Come on, Cashy. This guy is almost expressing how I also feel about the situation now, after being a big supporter of Cook.

I am also feeling the same, I highlighted what i disagreed wi.;)

johnc 24-10-2012 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1024264)
I am also feeling the same, I highlighted what i disagreed wi.;)

Group hug?

smobile 24-10-2012 15:34

I know what my New years resolution is going to be already!

Wonder who we are playing January 1st? :D

baldy 24-10-2012 15:36

DJ Campbell just tweeted "Just heard the news & I just want 2 wish paul all the best in the future!! A good guy & a good manager."

Paul Jewell that is!

yerself 24-10-2012 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile
@Asfcblog , am new to this though. Will try and link it.
Today 15:51

Here y'are: ASFC Blog (ASFCblog) on Twitter

smobile 24-10-2012 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1024271)
DJ Campbell just tweeted "Just heard the news & I just want 2 wish paul all the best in the future!! A good guy & a good manager."

Paul Jewell that is!

We don't want another scouser! :eek:

Christies Child 24-10-2012 15:41

Radio Lancs have confirmed that compensation negotiations are taking place.

No disrespect to Cook but really am surprised that they are after him. He's done a good job for you guys but not that outstanding.

Would have thought he'd be better staying and getting you guys to your highest final league position and then consider moving on.

Money talking once again?

cashman 24-10-2012 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc (Post 1024265)
Group hug?

No problem, its quite simple to me, If he departs, He aint even give it a full season at stanley wi his own team, or even half a season fer that matter, I can understand anyone wanting to better themselves, But this in a short space of time "STINKS":(

smobile 24-10-2012 15:49

Agreed cashy. If he wants to go after such a short space of time, then he may as well cook off to Chesterfield.

andyd 24-10-2012 16:00

He has,nt gone yet but if he does is it for money or ambition or has something changed at Stanley to make him so keen to talk to them either way if he goes no loyalty at all.

maccawozzagod 24-10-2012 16:00

twas always a stepping stone for him.

I hope we hold on tight for the compensation we will be owed. 2 1/2 year contract wasn't it?

I reckon we probably let Rochdale off a good bit what they should have paid for Jimmy and John, out of respect to the dynamic duo, but Cook should be afforded no such luxury. 2 years worth of wages for Cook and whoever else follows him or see you in court

cashman 24-10-2012 16:03

Agree 100% Macca.

andyd 24-10-2012 16:07

Totally agree Macca as much as we can get then hopefully get somebody whose stepping stone takes a lot longer.

Pendle Red 24-10-2012 16:12

I get the feeling a lot more to this than meets the eye particularly as the original source for the story was saying sources in Lancashire, a step up sure but much more pressure and not exactly leaving a legacy with Stanley more a lot of unfinished business which is a shame because the football ethos was one I was not sure about but one after meeting Cooky was like a breath of fresh air and filled me with a great deal of optimism.

Disappointed if he goes but hey we move on as nobody is bigger than the Club itself.

Also first real test for the New Look Board at the Club

smobile 24-10-2012 16:14

One things for certain, we will never find that info out.

Good to see the club are keeping us well informed of the situation.

Even if it is to deny speculation that is rife to say the least.

Maybe a statement next week!

fc:stanley 24-10-2012 17:08

if he does go then bollocks to him! cooky has been nothing special, just honest and we have played some good football at times!

going to chesterfield is a massive gamble as a few bad results and your almost gone. they have the finances, stadium and fans and after probably going there this season and having what we have hes obviously been lured. the grass isnt always greener as we always know but i dont think its the most loyal and respectful decision towards the club and fans to leave to a fellow league 2 club after not even completing a whole season!

theres more to the club then paul cook.

Kean in.

AsFc62 24-10-2012 17:11

Begs the question if his heart was ever in it!! No appreciation to the fans, never claps his fans after the games.. pretty much 'Im here for the pay packet'

Lost all respect for the man.

carpon 24-10-2012 17:32

If he goes, then I think we need to make sure we get the best possible deal for compensation for him and anyone else who chooses to follow him to Chesterfield. Insert clauses to make sure he ain't back for a January sale:(

New manager will then have to fend off interest from Rochdale & Chesterfield, be it January or next summer, for players who the two previous managers will no doubt come sniffing around,so vital that a new manager has the backing of the board and ties down KEY players on long term deals as soon as possible, so the price tag to prise said players away doesn't come cheap.

And when it comes to appointing the new manager, the board, taking all this into account, need to make sure that whilst we'll probably always be a stepping stone for ambitious managers, we need to make sure that we get somebody who's at least prepared to give it longer than 8 months before jumping at the next step on his career ladder.:mad:

Whilst you can't blame anybody for progressing themselves career wise, I don't like the feeling that our club has been "used" and we're back to where we where in January. That upheaval ( Coley going to 'Dale) led to the disastrous capitulation of what looked to be a promising season .

Whilst we've had a reasonable start this term, you only have to look at the league table to see where another disastrous spell of form could leave the club.:mad:

I was looking forward to going to the cup game at Fylde....If Cook goes, as widely predicted, we could be on a hiding to nothing in that game and facing a very embarassing cup exit to boot.

ddevil2006 24-10-2012 17:33

has he gone yet, take heys with you please

Pendle Red 24-10-2012 17:41

Sometimes changes of personnel can bring changes in fortunes

Tom D 24-10-2012 17:44

Quickly scanned my way through this thread but didn't see this being addressed....

Is Liam going with him?

Div3North 24-10-2012 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1024308)
Quickly scanned my way through this thread but didn't see this being addressed....

Is Liam going with him?

Not known yet. Will he take Les Parry and Romy as well?

cashman 24-10-2012 17:47

How can that be sussed? Its sod all concrete at the moment, Rumour from chesterfield, The L.E.T. Radio Lancs, yet sod all from Cook or our club, Complete lack of respect from em fer those who fork out to watch em IMHO.:(

shillelagh 24-10-2012 17:50

im listening to radio lancs .. and the presenter of the football bit just said that the club has said to them that theyre working out the compensation details .... and they expect to get them sorted tonight

ddevil2006 24-10-2012 17:54

like i said further up the thread, the person that know's whats going on on is robert heys
yet he says nothing, transparrent my foot, same old stanley, but they keep taking your £17 at the gate but will not tell you simple things, his he going his he not, simple yes or no

smobile 24-10-2012 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1024311)
im listening to radio lancs .. and the presenter of the football bit just said that the club has said to them that theyre working out the compensation details .... and they expect to get them sorted tonight

They quoted "our man" Dan Jewel

smudgie 24-10-2012 17:58

Agreed.

Yet more brilliant communication from Heys.
The bloke was, is and always will be a complete clown.
Get him his P45 before we become a laughing stock.

shillelagh 24-10-2012 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddevil2006 (Post 1024312)
like i said further up the thread, the person that know's whats going on on is robert heys
yet he says nothing, transparrent my foot, same old stanley, but they keep taking your £17 at the gate but will not tell you simple things, his he going his he not, simple yes or no

until they get the compensation sorted hes staying ... theyre not going to say owt till they get that sorted ....

smudgie 24-10-2012 18:01

To be honest shillelagh, at this stage I cant see there being any way back.

Mr T 24-10-2012 18:01

Ladies and Gents,

CALM DOWN PLEASE:)

The Club CANNOT say anything as there is nothing to say OFFICIALLY.

Paul Cook is under contract as is Leam.

ASFC senior directors live away from the club and most have other "proper" jobs.

As Radio Lancs have said Chesterfield wish to talk to Paul Cook BUT until they agree to the terms and conditions wanted by ASFC, nothing more can be said.

Rest assured as soon as we have some FACTS, the information will be out for us all to read.

One thing the Club are aware of is trying to keep our good fans happy; we NEED you all, and we NEED more of you!!:)

PS Rob Heys has been away from the club on business mission that was arranged awhile ago. So no personnel digs please:(

cashman 24-10-2012 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1024315)
until they get the compensation sorted hes staying ... theyre not going to say owt till they get that sorted ....

The fact that hes interested after only a few games here, means as far as i'm concerned,He is no longer wanted here,:mad: He has no loyalty whatsoever fer our club, Its insulting in my eyes n certainly no reason to CALM DOWN MrT.:rolleyes:

Whalley Red 24-10-2012 18:21

Quote:

Is Liam going with him?

Wasn't it a condition of Cook's appointment that he accepted Leam as his assistant?

If so, I can't see Leam going to Chesterfield as well.

Now that Cook has made it clear that he wants to leave, whether he goes or not, the sooner Leam is back as manager, the better!

stanley convert 24-10-2012 18:22

Dunno what to think on this one on one hand I,m thinking media rubbish and rumour mongering (cooky has always seemed committed to his roll when I have spoken to him) and then the other side is that it aint as rosy in the garden at Stanley as we are led to believe and there is still a load of crap going on in the background. Anyway I said at the time of JC &JB,s departure and even though I have respect for Cooky we should of stuck with Leam an give him a chance to prove himself.

cashman 24-10-2012 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 1024325)
Wasn't it a condition of Cook's appointment that he accepted Leam as his assistant?

If so, I can't see Leam going to Chesterfield as well.

Now that Cook has made it clear that he wants to leave, whether he goes or not, the sooner Leam is back as manager, the better!

My sentiments also.

smudgie 24-10-2012 18:25

Mine too.

LEAM RICHARDSON........... NAAAAAAAAAA NA NA NA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metallilad 24-10-2012 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1024263)
Cheers, any chance we can have Jack Lester too? If only to stop him scoring against us!

Is it all done at your end?

:hehetable

Cheeky Sod!:)

Gotta tip my hat to you all. Just been reading the thread and normally you'd get somebody saying that its just a sideways step or slagging the other club off, but its respectfull what you have said about us. Thankyou.

One thing though, somebody has stated that he'd be coming here and having money to spend............No. Not exactly true, yes we have a fairly decent budget but there would have to be some wheeling and dealing to be done to get the players that he wants.
Somebody has stated on our forum that they want him to bring your No7 with him aswell. Personally I think there should be clauses in the contract that the outgoing manager should stay clear of his old team as to protect them.

Gotta say that you have the single most best emoticoms I have seen on any message board!

:mosher:This ones my favourite!

carpon 24-10-2012 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1024317)
Ladies and Gents,

The Club CANNOT say anything as there is nothing to say OFFICIALLY.

So the news is banded around in the media before the club can have the balls to admit or confirm that an approach has been made????:confused:

Quote:

As Radio Lancs have said Chesterfield wish to talk to Paul Cook BUT until they agree to the terms and conditions wanted by ASFC, nothing more can be said..

Contradicting yourself there !!! If there's mileage in the story then surely Chesterfield have made an OFFICIAL approach for Cook??? If nothing can be said why come on here trying to appease folk with claptrap like this when the Radio is coming out with statements like "compensation deals being finalised"...So who's told Radio Lancs then??? Are they "speculating"????:confused:

A "professional" outfit would at least have the courtesy of keeping it's paying customers informed, by posting even the briefest of notes on it's own official website.

Quote:

Rest assured as soon as we have some FACTS, the information will be out for us all to read...

Why do I get the feeling that the words "undislosed deal" will be getting banded around somewhere in the near future:rolleyes:

smudgie 24-10-2012 18:37

Well said Carpon.

Metallilad 24-10-2012 18:38

Quote:

Is Liam going with him?

more news....Paul Walker ‏@Walkerpw
More news on Chesterfield situation. Tommy Wright and Mark Crossley will be kept on at Chesterfield, whoever comes in

Looks like we'll be keeping our assistants on whoever comes in, so you'd no need to worry.

Mr T 24-10-2012 18:43

Gents,

Trying to help.

On the basis that's going on here I'll turn off my PC and start on the thousand other jobs that are required to keep us running as a pro club.

Call down to the ground over the next couple of days and see exactly want does go on. Not tomorrow morning if you want to chat to me; I'll be a Fylde to ensure we get a fair and proper allocation for our FA Cup tie.

We cannot stop press speculation nor people enquring about a vacancy that may or may not exist!!

Wish I didn't bother at times:(

Haggis316 24-10-2012 18:48

Heard on the way back on Radio Sheffield that ASFC were making an official announcement on the Fishy and that John Sheridan's numbers 2 and 3 would be staying under the new manager so if that's Paul Cook presumably Leam will not be going to Chesterfield.

maccawozzagod 24-10-2012 18:50

the media is there to get the facts and relay them around in which ever way it sees fit, thats being done. Slagging off Rob Heys or anyone else for that matter is out of order - they've got better things to do at the moment that keep Accy Web up to speed - when there's summat to say maybe they'll say it? Robs only real crimes ever have been committed under amateur 'owners' when he has had both his hands and testicles tied as to which lies he can tell and which he cany deny - thats not his fault. His behaviour and work is pretty exemplorary considering what he has to work with so back off him.

As for Cook, sling yer hook

VALAIRIAN 24-10-2012 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1024342)
the media is there to get the facts and relay them around in which ever way it sees fit, thats being done. Slagging off Rob Heys or anyone else for that matter is out of order - they've got better things to do at the moment that keep Accy Web up to speed - when there's summat to say maybe they'll say it? Robs only real crimes ever have been committed under amateur 'owners' when he has had both his hands and testicles tied as to which lies he can tell and which he cany deny - thats not his fault. His behaviour and work is pretty exemplorary considering what he has to work with so back off him.

Macca, thanks for the post and as ever, it is a commonsense one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

stanley convert 24-10-2012 18:59

Don,t think anybody is getting at you Mr T just frustration with nowt being said ( and some do understand how these things have to work from a legal point of view)and the speculation from the media circus. At the end of the day it,s our beloved Stanley and the stanley family that is at the centre of the rumour mill again.

smudgie 24-10-2012 19:21

ALL WE WANT IS THE TRUTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIMPLE!!!!

Sick of this lying, behind close doors rubbish.

According to Dany the deal is almost done, at least we can rely on her.!!!

Hang your heads in shame people at the club. Yet again US the fans that pay YOUR wages are last to know. Pathetic.

baldy 24-10-2012 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1024342)

Finally a good post!...What would you like Rob Heys to do?...Update fishy site every 30 mins or get on with running a football club and get the best deal that suits the club?

Yes we all want to know whats going on etc but i'd rather wait until its a done deal...It will only lead to us asking more questions if we are fed little bits here and there!

smudgie 24-10-2012 19:25

Heys couldent run a hot bath, never mind a professional club !

Chimer 24-10-2012 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1024352)
Heys couldent run a hot bath, never mind a professional club !

Smudgie, on most Stanley subjects what you have to say is interesting and thought-provoking. On the subject of Rob Heys, you spout mindless invective at the least (or in this case, no) provocation. Did he knock your pint over in the bar once or something?

You're aiming to be a reporter, aren't you? Try getting some balance into your output occasionally.

Only my opinion, as Cashy would doubtless say.

smudgie 24-10-2012 19:46

Nope, im just sick to death of his mis-guided non-communication with us the FANS.
We play his bloody wages, he is supposed to be the CHIEF EXECUTIVE and yet, we hear yet again NOTHING from him.

Sick to death of the bloke and have been ever since the classic...........

"We are 9/10 of the way there"

Remember that one???

What a clown he is.

OUT !

yonmon 24-10-2012 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1024343)
Macca, thanks for the post and as ever, it is a commonsense one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Couldn't agree more Joe !!... and with all the practice that we've had shouldn't 'reading between the lines' come as an easy task for all Forum users ??.
We all know what is what and shouldn't really need any official utterances to confirm our beliefs, and knowing of the Club's tardiness relating to press releases ( Which I think, might have formed the basis of one or two threads in the past !) I'm again surprised that the absence of these where our Managers future is concerned should cause any dismay !!!..
He will go..... (sooner or later...! )

maccawozzagod 24-10-2012 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1024356)
"We are 9/10 of the way there"

that was O'Neil, and he was a cock

Rob was the one who had to be talked out of re-mortgaging his house by Ilyas Khan.

Get a grip Lee, he might not be the worlds best C.E. but he does a good job of running the smalles FL club in the country. The club has been brought into the national disrepute spotlight by the likes of Coleman, Whalley, the players and The Don but not by him - he's the just the guy who has to mop up afterwards.

smudgie 24-10-2012 20:05

Yet agreed to say it!??!?!

Sorry, blatant liar & a fool.

Get him out with Cook!

AsFc62 24-10-2012 20:09

Firstly, Rob Heys does a great job.

The fact of the matter is that for the Clubs to be discussing a Compensation package there must have an official approach from Chesterfield. The club should have announced this.

To be honest, if he doesnt go, I'll call for his head. Avoided post match interviews the last two games, walks straight off after last night awful performance. His heart is not in the club.

This is OUR CLUB. No one is bigger than Accrington Stanley

maccawozzagod 24-10-2012 20:12

and if O'Neil had said summat like ... Oh I don't know ... maybe ... "my brother has agreed to lend me the £100k that we need, so don't worry about it Rob we'll be reet" should Rob not have believed him?

O'Neils hand was on the tiller for those painful 8 weeks, not Robs - his job was tell the public where we were up to. O'Neil was charged with securing the cash, or agreeing the deal with ASSF to safeguard the club. or to tell the public that we were over 200K short and had no chance of finding it. O'Neil hung for what he did, Rob was given a new chance by the man who stumped up hundreds of thousands of pounds to save the club and IK knows better than anyone who did and said what at that time.

smudgie 24-10-2012 20:15

100% Stanley. 100% Ilyas.

0% Cook & Heys !

maccawozzagod 24-10-2012 20:18

time to change your username to Grudgie :boxing_sm

cashman 24-10-2012 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsFc62 (Post 1024363)
Firstly, Rob Heys does a great job.

The fact of the matter is that for the Clubs to be discussing a Compensation package there must have an official approach from Chesterfield. The club should have announced this.

To be honest, if he doesnt go, I'll call for his head. Avoided post match interviews the last two games, walks straight off after last night awful performance. His heart is not in the club.

This is OUR CLUB. No one is bigger than Accrington Stanley

First i wouldn't say a great job, but he sure does his best "fact" The rest is fine wi me, Another Fact to me is Rob Heys aint crapping on us or the club Cook is simple as. Whilst i feel the club could have said summat no doubt, Still no reason fer any venom in any other direction to me.

John_Timmins 24-10-2012 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1024366)
100% Stanley. 100% Ilyas.

0% Cook & Heys !

100% clueless smudgie

I will always have faith in a man who is a fan to run our club, like others have said drop the grudge Rob Heys is and always will be the right man for asfc

Seems strange that Cooky is leaving but wish him luck and we will move on as a club, the accy roller coaster continues, enjoy the ride ;-)

johnc 24-10-2012 20:33

smudgies having a mare tonight

smudgie 24-10-2012 20:34

You have youre opinion, I have mine. Simple.

smudgie 24-10-2012 20:35

I quote John............

"Dave O Neill is the right man to take Accy forward"

Now that is what I call 100% clueless.

Pendle Red 24-10-2012 20:36

The two constants in all of this are the Club and Supporters, Managers,Staff, Directors and Playerrs will always come and go but the beating heart of the Club is the fans.

There are differing of opinions yes but no factions we all support the Club and we all want what is best for the Club in this case a swift conclusion we move on and as we always do look forward and get behind the team and whoever is in charge come Saturday against Bristol Rovers.

On Stanley On

football19 24-10-2012 20:39

To be honest I think it's good for all sides, Cookys " attack is the best form of defence" tactics only works with the right personnel,and having tried 26 players suggests its not working.Indeed,over the last eight games,only the bottom two have a worse record.
I was for giving Leam the job in the first place,but hope he can choose his own personnel .

johnc 24-10-2012 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1024377)
I quote John............

"Dave O Neill is the right man to take Accy forward"

Now that is what I call 100% clueless.

So you expected him to say O neill is a bellend, the same Oneill who paid his wages?

maccawozzagod 24-10-2012 20:44

lol, i want a "like" button :)

maccawozzagod 24-10-2012 20:50

confirmed by Dany (from Cooks agent) as done deal, 2 1/2 year contract

Tealeaf 24-10-2012 20:55

For the simple reason that I ain't seen a Stanley game since the early part of this year, I'm reluctant to comment on the team's fortunes; however, given the last months record would not logic suggest that no Div 2 team would currently be interested in poaching Mr Cook? Or am I just a knucklehead?

cashman 24-10-2012 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 1024391)
For the simple reason that I ain't seen a Stanley game since the early part of this year, I'm reluctant to comment on the team's fortunes; however, given the last months record would not logic suggest that no Div 2 team would currently be interested in poaching Mr Cook? Or am I just a knucklehead?

Hes gone T its on Twitter "2 n Half" contract.;) says his agent. Just hope Leam gets a chance at the job.

Haggis316 24-10-2012 21:04

Paul Walker Radio Sheffield on Twitter 45 ms ago

Paul Cook to Chesterfield is very much on. Deal to be wrapped up tmrw according to my sources

cashman 24-10-2012 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallilad (Post 1024171)
Hello there everybody, Chesterfield supporter coming in peace.
The rumours are flying around here that Paul Cook is to be announced as our new manager tommorrow morning, has anybody heard anything at your end?
Got to say, when I saw you playing over here I was impressed by the way you played, although you lost it was one of the best performances this season by an away side Ive seen here and weve just lost to Fleetwood at that.

Well yeh were wrong its today n yeh got him, I think he will do very well fer yeh, But don't expect loyalty Whilst hes only been here 8 months, its only really been his own team fer 13 matches, when your better offer came along, good luck.