Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   New Manager (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/new-manager-64160.html)

Revived Red 13-05-2013 18:05

Re: New Manager

I think it's a great choice. He has great experience throughout football and he will have many contacts thanks to his experience. His name alone could draw in more sponsorship too.

Wynonie Harris 13-05-2013 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1058600)
Can't help but think the club have gone for the cheap option rather than a sensible football decision. Will support Beattie all the same.

The guy's only been in the job five minutes and already the sniping's started. Would've expected better from you, Shakey.

maccawozzagod 13-05-2013 18:15

Quote:

Can't help but think the club have gone for the cheap option rather than a sensible football decision. Will support Beattie all the same.

agreed on both counts.

anyways, on with the drum Beating (see what I did there?) ... James get at those disillusioned Rovers fans and players and get the mini revolution going :gooddog:

shakermaker 13-05-2013 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1058615)
The guy's only been in the job five minutes and already the sniping's started. Would've expected better from you, Shakey.

Sniping, really? Have said I'll support him and I will all the way. Only said that I hope the reasons behind the decision are just. Surely that's a fair concern as a fan of the club? Crikey.

Wynonie Harris 13-05-2013 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1058617)
Sniping, really? Have said I'll support him and I will all the way. Only said that I hope the reasons behind the decision are just. Surely that's a fair concern as a fan of the club? Crikey.

You've said that you hope the reasons behind the decision are just? Don't think you did, Shakey. You did, however, say appointing him isn't "a sensible football decision" which to my way of thinking is a bit of an insult to him. At least, give him a chance to show what he can do!

cashman 13-05-2013 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1058617)

Well unless yer totally thick, its obvious to me the players have either been asked or put in there 2 pennorth on this appointment,before it happened.

yonmon 13-05-2013 18:34

A breath of fresh air from a wind of change blowing across the Storefirst Stadium ??...James Beattie, a young man with a mission !!...I reckon WE ALL wish him well in what is going to be some challenge in the coming season !!.

shakermaker 13-05-2013 18:34

I have voiced concerns that appointing him isn't a sensible football decision - rather than 'sniping' this is a genuine critique based on the lack of managerial experience or qualifications of JB. Elsewhere on the forum I raised my opinion that our board has a lack of football-minded input and my concern is that the decision has been made purely on a financial basis, taking advantage of the fact that Beattie has (brilliantly so) charged us very little for his services so far and offered public relations opportunities.

I have, however, stated very plainly that I will support him all the way. I hope for the very best for him as that will mean good things for my club.

Have tried to stick around on here in spite of all the nonsense but obviously the disease of this forum - the inability to separate fair critique from personal insult - has spread too far. Apologies if I've offended anyone, I'm off.

shakermaker 13-05-2013 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1058624)
Well unless yer totally thick, its obvious to me the players have either been asked or put in there 2 pennorth on this appointment,before it happened.

Wow, ok. Cheers mate.

football19 13-05-2013 18:38

Must admit Cashy I read Shakers post in a more positive light,few reservations,but will get 100% support,I did warn you there would be a surprise !!

cashman 13-05-2013 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1058629)
Wow, ok. Cheers mate.

Stop sulking shaker, its sod all personal, no good spitting yer dummy out.;)

VALAIRIAN 13-05-2013 18:39

Gents, come on,this is supposed to be a good day and a day for celebration. This is a forum, therefore it is about opinion......

We are ALL in it for the same thing......

:) :) :)

Reamer 13-05-2013 18:47

Can't help but think the club have made the right call. Whilst Beattie is untried as a manager, the players considering their contracts will all know him so there is continuity (hope the backroom staff are retained too). It also shows ambition by the club who could have gone for the 'safe' option that many of us feared, yeh good call, new broom and all that. :)

stanley convert 13-05-2013 18:54

Bloody ell it,s kickin off already and DAV007 ain,t even here yet "wheres me tin hat" haha.

ANYWAYS CONGRATULATIONS JAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stanley till I die

football19 13-05-2013 18:58

Every manager gets 100% backing from me and Beatties no exception.Looking forward not backwards and see what rabbits he can pull out of the hat !!
Players like him,so that's a start,but as Leam learned you have to distance yourself (he will know that tho)

football19 13-05-2013 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley convert (Post 1058642)
Bloody ell it,s kickin off already and DAV007 ain,t even here yet "wheres me tin hat" haha.

ANYWAYS CONGRATULATIONS JAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stanley till I die

He's been writing it for the last hour,but still not finished :)

DAV007 13-05-2013 19:00

Appointing Beattie is a risk but a somewhat calculated one given his fame, determination to prove himself and the inevitable extra coverage the club will pick up having Beattie as manager.

Is he still intending on playing?
Any news on a number 2?

cashman 13-05-2013 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1058645)
Appointing Beattie is a risk but a somewhat calculated one given his fame, determination to prove himself and the inevitable extra coverage the club will pick up having Beattie as manager.

Is he still intending on playing?
Any news on a number 2?

Dunno should come to light in tomorrows interview i think. Agree wi yer comment n also possible to attract sponsorship?

yonmon 13-05-2013 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 1058628)
/
I have, however, stated very plainly that I will support him all the way. I hope for the very best for him as that will mean good things for my club.

Have tried to stick around on here in spite of all the nonsense but obviously the disease of this forum - the inability to separate fair critique from personal insult - has spread too far. Apologies if I've offended anyone, I'm off.

As Valarian rightly says Shaker, this day when again our Club has arrived at a satisfactory resolution of a major problem is not for recrimination, blame, or needless criticism but for sharing in the pleasure of a task completed which will hopefully result in success for the Team and Fans alike.
I can appreciate your reaction to much of the negative persiflage which has been posted lately, but I for one would ask that you might see fit to continue making your welcome contributions to the analysis and banter on our Forum.

DAV007 13-05-2013 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1058646)
Dunno should come to light in tomorrows interview i think. Agree wi yer comment n also possible to attract sponsorship?

You would presume it gives our commercial team an extra feather in their cap so to speak

Im dissapointed it was not Jimmy & John BUT im DELIGHTED we havent ended up with a journeyman manager.

Time to start planning the James beattie banner

Wynonie Harris 13-05-2013 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1058650)
You would presume it gives our commercial team an extra feather in their cap so to speak

Im dissapointed it was not Jimmy & John BUT im DELIGHTED we havent ended up with a journeyman manager.

I never thought I'd say this but...well said, Davo! :D

Larry Lobster 13-05-2013 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1058496)
Greetings Al,long time,no see!!, I won't mention the FA Cup lol,Preston still in div one :),

Hi Ian. I was well pleased for Wigan, thoroughly deserved it. I think their doomed for the drop though, will lose their Manager and be playing derbies with Stanley in a couple of years.:D

As for PNE? Now the clown Westley has been replaced by Grayson, i suspect they might just make a push for the play offs next season.

Surprising news at Stanley, might just be an inspired choice. I was sure JC and his puppet where coming back. It should be an interesting summer and pre-season to see what sort of player he can attract.

cashman 13-05-2013 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1058650)

Agree 100% a journeyman was the last thing needed in my view. Everyones gotta start somewhere, n yeh it don't always work we all know that, But in our situation, feel its well worth trying.:)

DAV007 13-05-2013 19:28

If anyone wants to see an example of a journeyman money grabber, check out who is providing in studio updates of the championship play off game on Sky sports news.
He has been a disaster since he took over at Southend, and it the rumours are correct is picking up £200k plus a big bonus IF he gets them up.
At least the Southend board wont have to pay the bonus on top of those huge wages!

I can only predict of the 100 candidates, a good chunk would have been journeymen after their next pay check.
Well done Peter Marsden and co for not going down that route.

yonmon 13-05-2013 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1058655)
Agree 100% a journeyman was the last thing needed in my view. Everyones gotta start somewhere, n yeh it don't always work we all know that, But in our situation, feel its well worth trying.:)

Didn't think the term 'journeyman' fitted JB, but as it is translated as ;-
' Someone who has completed an apprenticeship and is fully educated in a trade or craft, but not yet a 'master'.
To become a 'master', a journeyman has to submit a master work.'...
So
really all James has to do is to produce as HIS master work Stanley's promotion to League One ( This time as well !)...
http://www.spectaclesblog.com/wp-con...pecs-jpeg1.bmp

Exile on Spencer St 13-05-2013 20:04

Great news, not only about Mr Beattie, but also for the club that the new manager has most of the summer (sic) to organise things, rather than having to spend the first three months of the playing season doing so. Well done to the board for making a good and timely decision, and all the best to James Beattie in his new career.

DAV007 13-05-2013 21:08

What is his policy on Christmas partys?

lancsdave 13-05-2013 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1058669)
What is his policy on Christmas partys?

If you get invited you're his mate :)

Chubbyman 13-05-2013 21:44

Everyone's invited EXCEPT DAV007 ......AKA (Mrs.Coleman?)

Redraine 13-05-2013 22:29

Stuck in a hotel room in London and my BlackBerry is hard work for posting. Very pleased with the news and with the feeling of renewed unity on here!

cashman 13-05-2013 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1058682)
Stuck in a hotel room in London and my BlackBerry is hard work for posting. Very pleased with the news and with the feeling of renewed unity on here!

Am near certain everyone will get behind the new manager, no matter who personal choices were, End of the day its Stanley, simple as.

jaysay 14-05-2013 08:53

Think the only problem Betts will find is the same as any new manager who is still playing or just finished and hung up the boots, is making the transition

VALAIRIAN 14-05-2013 12:02

Quote:

Shaker, believe me, not true ;) :) :) :)

football19 14-05-2013 15:43

Dont think anyone has mentioned the back room staff staying,real good move if they are,and will assist in the transition period.
Like a lot of people,Beattie seems to have been bitten by the Acci bug :D

maccawozzagod 14-05-2013 20:18

Beattie beat Coleman for Stanley job | Accrington Stanley - EatSleepSport

lancsdave 14-05-2013 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1058736)
Dont think anyone has mentioned the back room staff staying,real good move if they are,and will assist in the transition period.
Like a lot of people,Beattie seems to have been bitten by the Acci bug :D

I've been told they are staying on but not seen owt official yet. Can't see Lodgey going anywhere he has a proper job as well as Stanley :D

Reamer 14-05-2013 22:19

Interview on Radio Lancs with James Beattie confirming Stevenson and Lodge will be staying. Starts about 7 mins in

BBC Radio Lancashire - Sport, 14/05/2013

cashman 14-05-2013 22:33

Cheers Reamer, it seems Leam recommended Beats, as soon as he knew he was leaving.:) That'll do fer me.:)