Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Team for Tranmere (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/team-for-tranmere-66959.html)

VALAIRIAN 17-01-2015 13:12

Team for Tranmere

Macey, Deano, Tom, Rob, Conneely, Proccy, Joyce, Piero, Maguire, McCarten, Naismith.

VALAIRIAN 17-01-2015 13:14

Re: Team for Tranmere

Bench:- Dawbs, Lidds, Windass, Marcus, Gray, Barry, Hunt.

smudgie 17-01-2015 13:58

Interesting..

Exile on Spencer St 17-01-2015 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 1129945)
Interesting..

...but 2-0 down after twenty five minutes.:eek:

AccyMad 17-01-2015 14:27

Sounds like we haven't turned up yet! Maybe we should change our kick off time to quarter to 4, we often don't start playing till half time

Revived Red 17-01-2015 14:55

Sad to see Lidds dropped after some really good peformances. Replaced by a former Sligo Stanley player.

Exile on Spencer St 17-01-2015 15:27

3 shots on target, three goals to Tranmere (according to BBC stats).
Did we keep the wrong loan keeper, or just one of those days?

smudgie 17-01-2015 15:49

0-3.....

Sounded absolutely dreadful.

AccyMad 17-01-2015 16:11

Lost for words - will wait for reports from those who travelled to the game but can't understand why the new lad, Coneely wasn't subbed if like Sam reported he was struggling with the pace of the player he was up against, we had both Lidds & Hunt on the bench yet it was decided instead that he swap places with Deano.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the defeat on that alone but it was just one decision that didn't make any sense to me

yerself 17-01-2015 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad
Lost for words - will wait for reports from those who travelled to the game but can't understand why the new lad, Coneely wasn't subbed if like Sam reported he was struggling with the pace of the player he was up against, we had both Lidds & Hunt on the bench yet it was decided instead that he swap places with Deano.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the defeat on that alone but it was just one decision that didn't make any sense to me

You can bet your life that JC and JB will be in no way to blame for this defeat or any strange substitutions or team selections made. Ask Dav007. ;)

Chubbyman 17-01-2015 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1129953)
Sad to see Lidds dropped after some really good peformances. Replaced by a former Sligo Stanley player.

Who was responsible for the first goal!!!!!

Chubbyman 17-01-2015 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1129961)
3 shots on target, three goals to Tranmere (according to BBC stats).
Did we keep the wrong loan keeper, or just one of those days?

Don't think the keeper was to blame for any of the goals ,pulled a couple of great saves off later.

football19 17-01-2015 17:53

Just back from the game and on request !!,I will give you my opinion before the bitching starts :)
We never got to grips with big Kay's physical presence and he verged on bullying our CBs (who under performed on the day).
This was bad enough,but when you have Rory Donnelly playing alongside,you are really up against it.
The lad is a class act and was courted by Liverpool and Everton before signing for Swansea.
Take them out the equation and we played some decent football and created numerous clear cut chances.
On the new lads,the left back looked composed and good technique but lacked a yard of pace and Donnelly latched onto him
The keeper is still to convince me as he never had a shot to save or cross to catch for 80 minutes (3 shots,3goals).
For me,I would have played lids,but he may have got the same rinsing.
Positives,we stuck to trying to play football and young windass did well when he replaced Proccy.
If we had there front men,we would have won 5-0 no problem

Chubbyman 17-01-2015 17:55

If the team had played like that under Beattie...DAV would want his head.Coleman hadn't a clue how to play Tranmere,the worst performance I have seen,worse than Carlisle.

mab 17-01-2015 18:24

:) Welcome back football19 :)