Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Windass and Crooks............. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/windass-and-crooks-67863.html)

Exile on Spencer St 08-01-2016 18:17

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

Some excellent stuff on this thread from all sides and not what I'd call vitriol. Just passion.
Bring back Third Lanark and we'll call it quits;)

Wynonie Harris 08-01-2016 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1158111)
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]You make excellent points, but please don't equate our poor attendances with our location between Blackburn and Burnley. Remember that Stockport County can average attendances of about 3000 - and they are only 7 miles from the Etihad and Old Trafford.

Just a quick aside, as I don't want to thread wander too much. Having lived in both Accrington and Stockport, there is absolutely no comparison. Stockport is a large borough, four or five time the size of a little town like Accrington. The fact is, our attendances ARE down to a combination of our location and size and we have to find ways of working around this, hopefully by getting a decent return for the hidden gems we discover in the future!

Walter Galbraith 08-01-2016 20:19

Alright lads just seen this crap is growing arms and legs. I don't do twitter or any of that type of social media so just thought it was your chairman raising his disappointment and trying to get us to cough up a bit more. Our chairman tried it with all the clubs who took our players for nothing when we went bust but only Sheffield Wednesday (to their credit) I think gave us anything.

So its expected that a chairman will grumble a bit but just read someone by the name of Lloyd is calling Rangers allsorts. We didn't start slandering the clubs for any players we've lost on the cheap or for nothing. We knew it was just the rules. Same when guys run down contracts at our club and somebody takes the **** with bids. The guy Lloyd is obviously an arse.

Got to laugh as I was thinking of going to see a local club through here and liked what I seen about your club. I admire clubs with less resources who do well like Calley Thistle up here. That's why I like to see them treated fairly. Our clubs skint but I think your guy is well out of order. Silly thing is that he'll get absolutely bare minimum now. Football is **** this way but its all common place. I just like us to be better than that and we usually have been. I hope that guy's not making big decisions at your club.

Anyway all the best for the future as this is all a big deal over nothing. That's what's surprising about the things your director said.

LucyBlue 08-01-2016 20:20

As I said, peace out.

My thanks to the great Accrington Stanley fans and the Gers fans for some support.

We're all football fans.

carpon...you're an ignorant clown.

As it is your forum I'll say no more but try posting that tripe on a Rangers website.

To decent Stanley fans....thanx :)

choirboy 08-01-2016 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyBlue (Post 1158199)
As I said, peace out.

My thanks to the great Accrington Stanley fans and the Gers fans for some support.

We're all football fans.

As it is your forum I'll say no more but try posting that tripe on a Rangers website.

To decent Stanley fans....thanx :)

Love you Lucy Blue,:wub: (if you're a lass!):rolleyes:;)

maccawozzagod 10-01-2016 11:49

Can't blame Rangers, they've done nothing wrong and haven't acted inappropriately.

Can't blame the players, they've secured themselves the best possible move and haven't acted inappropriately.

Can't blame us for being annoyed.

It is, unfortunately, the way of the game now. The entire structure is there to destroy the smaller clubs.

I think the Bosman ruling has it's good points and it's bad points, but I think there should be an automatic insertion of a future sell-on fee percentage which would be at least a comfort to the club that loses out.

With regards to Windass and his rumoured £3.5m buy out clause, I have no doubt that he, and his name, agent, and dad, will ensure that his next move is for that sort of money. If we were automatically granted a 20% stake of that then future bigger moves benefit all parties. We are many moons away from being able to sell players for £3.5m so losing players just becomes the next stage of his training and development from our view as well.

Perhaps that would be a satisafctory outcome now? Take the pair of them immediately, give us the token slap in the face immediately and a 20% sell on fee. Ta-ta.

I also think Andy Holt was naive in his comments and has showed himself, and the club, up. The Bosman ruling is 20 years old and we are not the first or last club to suffer in this way. Unfortunately for us it has happened and cost us a shed load of cash. When we lost other players in the past it cost us tens of thousands perhaps, but this time it's hundreds of thousands. It is sickening but complaining publicly just makes us look bitter and cry babies. However, it could all be quite deliberate and has secured the club a lot more national exposure, and a decent amount of plastic box advertising.

We move on.

cashman 10-01-2016 11:54

Whilst i agree its the way of the game now, dont make it right, nor do we have to like it.

deeayess 10-01-2016 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1158363)
Can't blame Rangers, they've done nothing wrong and haven't acted inappropriately.

Can't blame the players, they've secured themselves the best possible move and haven't acted inappropriately.

Can't blame us for being annoyed.

It is, unfortunately, the way of the game now. The entire structure is there to destroy the smaller clubs.

I think the Bosman ruling has it's good points and it's bad points, but I think there should be an automatic insertion of a future sell-on fee percentage which would be at least a comfort to the club that loses out.

With regards to Windass and his rumoured £3.5m buy out clause, I have no doubt that he, and his name, agent, and dad, will ensure that his next move is for that sort of money. If we were automatically granted a 20% stake of that then future bigger moves benefit all parties. We are many moons away from being able to sell players for £3.5m so losing players just becomes the next stage of his training and development from our view as well.

Perhaps that would be a satisafctory outcome now? Take the pair of them immediately, give us the token slap in the face immediately and a 20% sell on fee. Ta-ta.

I also think Andy Holt was naive in his comments and has showed himself, and the club, up. The Bosman ruling is 20 years old and we are not the first or last club to suffer in this way. Unfortunately for us it has happened and cost us a shed load of cash. When we lost other players in the past it cost us tens of thousands perhaps, but this time it's hundreds of thousands. It is sickening but complaining publicly just makes us look bitter and cry babies. However, it could all be quite deliberate and has secured the club a lot more national exposure, and a decent amount of plastic box advertising.

We move on.

I agree with all of this but unfortunately a Bosman transfer wouldn't allow any clauses to be imposed in the new contract on a mandatory basis since it would be a breach of employment law to impose such a condition. That's pretty much one of the arguments in Bosman. It might be academic anyway if the ones wanting transfer fees scrapped get their way.

The only way such a thing could work is if a transfer deal was done in this transfer window and they moved to Rangers. Then it would be a normal transfer and not a Bosman.

The 3.5 million pound cluse could also end up with Rangers getting shafted because they could in theory develop him into a £10millon player yet would only get £3.5 million as who would bid more. And much in the same way he is leaving Accy there would be nothing Rangers could do to stop the move.

I agree with what you say about Andy Holt and would have made that point myself had it not been Rangers involved.

Ant yes Cashy I agree. Just because it's legal and the way of the game it doesn't make it just and we don't have to like it. But alas we have to accept it because it takes far more powerful clubs than us to change it.

Exile on Spencer St 10-01-2016 13:20

[QUOTE=deeayess;1158365]
The only way such a thing could work is if a transfer deal was done in this transfer window and they moved to Rangers. Then it would be a normal transfer and not a Bosman.QUOTE]

That is the reason for suggesting earlier that Rangers should be told neither player will be getting any game time between now and the end of the season. Not to cut off anyone's nose, or be vindictive to either player, but to try and extract some value for the club while they are still under a contract signed with Stanley.
Doubt if it would work, though, as I can't imagine either player getting into the Rangers' first team for quite some time, so that club won't care how long it takes to get both players match fit.
Pity the game was off yesterday as I was looking forward to seeing (a) if either player got a start and, if they did, (b) how they performed.

deeayess 10-01-2016 13:29

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1158369]
Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1158365)
The only way such a thing could work is if a transfer deal was done in this transfer window and they moved to Rangers. Then it would be a normal transfer and not a Bosman.QUOTE]

That is the reason for suggesting earlier that Rangers should be told neither player will be getting any game time between now and the end of the season. Not to cut off anyone's nose, or be vindictive to either player, but to try and extract some value for the club while they are still under a contract signed with Stanley.
Doubt if it would work, though, as I can't imagine either player getting into the Rangers' first team for quite some time, so that club won't care how long it takes to get both players match fit.
Pity the game was off yesterday as I was looking forward to seeing (a) if either player got a start and, if they did, (b) how they performed.

I agree I doubt that they will get straight into the first team as established players and would not make a sufficient impact to merit signing them for any significant amount now.

I would presume their contract with Accy ends on 30/06/16 so match fitness wouldn't come into it as they would start preseason training with everyone else. Them not playing would probably be preferable as it removes the risk of injury.

The best thing to do would be to come to an agreement to transfer them for a reasonable amount as threats just won't work.

I could have done with the game being on just to have seen a game because it's been that long it feels like a winter break :)

carpon 14-01-2016 05:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyBlue (Post 1158199)

Ignorant....far from it......I don't like seeing my club, small as it may be....being shafted by a bigger club exploiting a loophole in a stupid rule. Is that so difficult to comprehend????:confused::confused:

Whilst I accept there is nothing a club of Stanley's stature can do to change things.....i.e. the rules as they stand.....my point was that Rangers probably only notified A.S.F.C. after the fact.....as in after they'd started negotiations with the players....with what could be considered as a condescending e-mail to the secretary....Not the Chairman....Not the Manager (or assistant ) but the secretary.....after your club had no doubt kicked the wheels into motion.:mad:

Rangers hadn't got the decency to ask for the "token gesture" of permission to talk to the pair. Seeing as A.S.F.C. hadn't got a leg to stand on.:mad:

Why did your club act in this way ??? To make sure Rangers signed the pair before any other club could act...

Warburton has already explained it away.....You acted fast to snap the pair up on the cheap....exploiting the loophole....... before anyone else ( i.e an English club) had the chance to act.

I am certainly no clown......:rolleyes:

Redraine 21-01-2016 10:08

Who is this ex Burnley director Frank McParland, LancsDave, who was instrumental in getting Rangers to steal away our two? Who next, Shay McCarten? The
Spirit of Bob Lord still lives on.

football19 21-01-2016 11:41

Dont worry Redraine, ten points should guarantee us our football league status for next year !!! :)

deeayess 21-01-2016 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1159059)
Who is this ex Burnley director Frank McParland, LancsDave, who was instrumental in getting Rangers to steal away our two? Who next, Shay McCarten? The
Spirit of Bob Lord still lives on.

I don't think he was at Burnley very long

RANGERS Football Club is today delighted to announce the appointment of Frank McParland as Head of Recruitment.

The 56 year-old has been working as Sporting Director at Burnley, and has gained a wealth of experience at various clubs over an impressive career.
A boyhood Liverpool fan, McParland enjoyed two spells on the red half of Merseyside. He worked firstly as Chief Scout between 2003 and 2007, and is credited with unearthing Raheem Sterling and Jordan Ibe in his second spell when working as Director of Academy and Player Development from 2009 to 2013.

He has previously worked alongside Mark Warburton as Director of Football at Brentford before leaving London at the same time as the current Rangers manager during the summer of 2015.

In addition, he also worked as Director of Football at Watford Football Club between 2008 and 2009.

McParland is the latest appointment to be made at Rangers as the club strives to modernise, move forward and return to the highest echelons of the game.

New benchmarks and standards must be set both on and off the field of play, and everyone at Rangers wishes Frank the very best in his new role.

accybeme 26-01-2016 09:20

only 5 days left for Rangers to get Crooks & Windass in an early transfer, Rangers prime target for a defensive midfielder has signed for Leeds which may make the case for renewed interest in this window for the pair