Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Windass and Crooks............. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/windass-and-crooks-67863.html)

smudgie 04-01-2016 15:47

Windass and Crooks.............

In talks with Rangers according to the chairman online :(

AccyMad 04-01-2016 18:27

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

I thought Peter Marsden was still our chairman? As far as I can see it's Andy Holt who's been twittering about this?

DaveinGermany 04-01-2016 18:33

A reported in the Express

Accrington Stanley chief rages as Rangers start talks with Arsenal target Josh Windass | Football | Sport | Daily Express

cashman 04-01-2016 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1157789)
I thought Peter Marsden was still our chairman? As far as I can see it's Andy Holt who's been twittering about this?

I'm quite happy someones bothering to tell the fans whats going on. makes a refreshing change.

AccyMad 04-01-2016 19:28

Still seems like half a tale to me, prefer to wait until the full picture unfolds than be drip fed little bits about what might be happening

cashman 04-01-2016 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1157800)
Still seems like half a tale to me, prefer to wait until the full picture unfolds than be drip fed little bits about what might be happening

Cmon be honest, when ever have the supporters ever been told owt?:rolleyes:

Redraine 04-01-2016 19:56

Nasty comment on Shrimpsvoices by "Teams like Morecambe" on the subject. Uncalled for.

cashman 04-01-2016 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 1157803)
Nasty comment on Shrimpsvoices by "Teams like Morecambe" on the subject. Uncalled for.

Well i'll put one on here, jealous shrimpers, i have wiped better off me shoe.

Chewbacca 04-01-2016 20:26

Surely Rangers can't afford them unless they mean QPR (or even Stafford)?

LongLostSon 04-01-2016 21:55

As a half dozen games a year Accy lad marooned on the south coast I view interest in Josh & Matt with only mild interest. The squad this term is such that Stanley are truly a 'team' and to my mind all have equal status with perfectly adequate boots waiting in the wings for a chance. If the two mentioned obtain a leg up the ladder, then good luck to them - just hope the club don't get screwed financially by the bigger club(s).

cashman 04-01-2016 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongLostSon (Post 1157815)
As a half dozen games a year Accy lad marooned on the south coast I view interest in Josh & Matt with only mild interest. The squad this term is such that Stanley are truly a 'team' and to my mind all have equal status with perfectly adequate boots waiting in the wings for a chance. If the two mentioned obtain a leg up the ladder, then good luck to them - just hope the club don't get screwed financially by the bigger club(s).

Any lad moving on is the way it will always be with us, just hope its end of season and a fair price.

Chewbacca 04-01-2016 22:16

Rangers' highest transfer fee is listed at £220k in the last three seasons, It isn't looking good on the money side.

It will be a kick in the bollocks if they are to go for that type of cash, surely the development fees would be better if they went on a free?

deeayess 04-01-2016 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1157819)
Rangers' highest transfer fee is listed at £220k in the last three seasons, It isn't looking good on the money side.

It will be a kick in the bollocks if they are to go for that type of cash, surely the development fees would be better if they went on a free?

There is very little chance of getting big money for them as any club can get them for next to nothing at the end of the season as there contract is up.

I would also doubt that development money would be a great deal either as they haven't been here that long and were probably not on big wages. I don't think there is a lot to be had in cross border transfers anyway as it more or less only applies for transfers within the same association once the contract expires.

monkey hanger 05-01-2016 09:08

the problem is that there are only a handful of clubs in the country that are not selling clubs and that includes the greedy league. the issue is when they go and at what price. I,d love to see them here to the end of the season and put a promotion with Stanley on their cv. far better than going north of the boarder with no guarantee of Scottish premier next season. I know an ex Aberdeen player who hated it up there saying that you seem to play the same team everyother week and its not all about playing celtic and rangers.

carpon 05-01-2016 11:25

Whilst this situation regarding Windass and Crooks talking with Rangers is not unexpected, it may lead to another club showing their hand.

By that, I suggest that an English club (or even several) who have been monitoring the pair, may now be forced to throw some cash on the table. It may even work to our advantage IF any English clubs are determined to secure either lad.:confused:

Also, I'd hope the pair think hard about potentially signing for Rangers. Big club in terms of fanbase they may be, however, as it has been already been pointed out, while Rangers will probably reach it, the Scottish "Premier League" is boringly repetitive, isn't much better than England's league 1 in terms of quality and whilst Rangers will probably pay a decent wage, a move to Glasgow may just halt any further progress either lad may make.:o

As for Morecambe fans, they've always been jealous of any progress we make. So much so, they have to resort to signing our ex-players as some sort of recipe to try and bring them much craved success.:p

I can't honestly think of one Morecambe player that would get in Stanley's side at the moment!!:rolleyes:

LongLostSon 05-01-2016 17:00

- - - - besides, if UK pull out of Europe & Scotland exit the UK, Matty & Josh will be paid in groats and their mickle might not mek a muckle. Are you following lads ? - best stay where your mates are.

andyd 05-01-2016 18:40

Surely If Josh and Matt have been talking to Rangers the club would have some idea what is what and Coleman and company will be talking to their targets it,s the way I,d have thought it worked will be an interesting few days.

cashman 05-01-2016 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1157871)
Surely If Josh and Matt have been talking to Rangers the club would have some idea what is what and Coleman and company will be talking to their targets it,s the way I,d have thought it worked will be an interesting few days.

Dunno how its working, but if the club only had n e-mail then anythings possible imho.:confused:

Reamer 05-01-2016 19:14

STV believe terms with Windass agreed

Accrington midfielder Josh Windass agrees personal terms with Rangers | Rangers | Sport

andyd 05-01-2016 19:14

According to a report by STV Windlass agrees terms with Rangers and both Josh and Matt are set to join Rangers in the Summer.

andyd 05-01-2016 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reamer (Post 1157876)

Beat me to it.

maccawozzagod 05-01-2016 19:19

Let the bidding war commence then.

I would imagine both players would be hellbent on going so I hope we offer a massive new contract in the hope it helps to bump up the compo :-)

Reamer 05-01-2016 19:23

Compensation payment details aren't clear though its not going to be anywhere near the 'true value' or Coley's million quid. Andy Holt is 'sickened' by the whole thing and I can see why

cashman 05-01-2016 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1157879)
Let the bidding war commence then.

I would imagine both players would be hellbent on going so I hope we offer a massive new contract in the hope it helps to bump up the compo :-)

That makes good sense to me?

andyd 05-01-2016 19:33

If it's true and both players sign precontract deals with Rangers and don't leave until the summer what are their mindsets like and do you play them bad scenario especially if your after promotion.

deeayess 05-01-2016 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1157877)
According to a report by STV Windlass agrees terms with Rangers and both Josh and Matt are set to join Rangers in the Summer.

Don't believe everything you read in the Scottish media about Rangers or Celtic for that matter. Most of it is guesswork and rubbish.

That doesn't mean it won't happen though.

baldy 05-01-2016 19:51

Was obvious they was going elsewhere at the end of the season, I just hope they put 100% for every Stanley game they play and not duck out of tackles in fear of getting injured before they leave!

nige b 05-01-2016 22:03

Have they got the money to pay us?

deeayess 05-01-2016 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by nige b (Post 1157896)
Have they got the money to pay us?

It's usually Accy that's getting asked that :D

Chewbacca 05-01-2016 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1157823)
There is very little chance of getting big money for them as any club can get them for next to nothing at the end of the season as there contract is up.

I would also doubt that development money would be a great deal either as they haven't been here that long and were probably not on big wages. I don't think there is a lot to be had in cross border transfers anyway as it more or less only applies for transfers within the same association once the contract expires.

I had a look at the "training compensation" and you are correct it is derisory in these circumstances.

As Carpon says, we need someone else to step in from England or Wales, or lose them for the price of a night out in the Broadway.

nige b 05-01-2016 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1157897)
It's usually Accy that's getting asked that :D

It is nice to turn the tables once in a while:)

mab 05-01-2016 23:47

Nothing Tweeted by Josh or matt sofar on twitter,. Offer them £3k a week on a 2yr contract and see if Rangers can match it. Don't Rangers have a pay cap because of the past financial history ?

Mezzle 06-01-2016 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1157901)
Nothing Tweeted by Josh or matt sofar on twitter,. Offer them £3k a week on a 2yr contract and see if Rangers can match it. Don't Rangers have a pay cap because of the past financial history ?

Hi, I'm a Rangers fan who's just popped on to see what the general consensus is on the two players.

Wage wise, £3k would still be a low to moderate wage for our current squad, we still have some guys on circa £8k a week, some of which have been reported to go up depending on appearance/win bonuses. Quite a few of the players on these wages will be leaving in the summer, so we're potentially looking at having at least £20-25k a week freed up.

Lee McCulloch was supposedly still on his pre-administration contract which was being reported as £17k a week, so there's money there. We've brought in more than £13M in season ticket sales this year, so I imagine there's a bit of money there to be spent on wages, particularly if there won't be much in the way of fees.

Can understand the frustration of fellow football fans when you lose good players for nothing, so hopefully no hard feelings!

Exile on Spencer St 06-01-2016 06:25

No hard feelings towards fans of other clubs, especially those like the 'Gers which have been the victims of 'honest' owners. Can't blame either player trying to better their pay, but I am surprised they appear to be doing it now, rather than at the end of the season.
However, my only concern is how, if one or both lads have signed a deal that takes effect in the summer, this may affect their performance for Stanley over the rest of this season. Being professionals I'm sure they will not be affected, and I'm also sure that the management will ensure that only +100% effort will secure a starting place. Whilst they have been great thus far, there are other players itching to get their chance to show what they can do.

Mezzle 06-01-2016 06:45

Hopefully for your sake they'll continue to put a shift in. I expect Warburton to build a more competitive squad next season and we already have a lot of attacking players in the squad, so it would be in Windass' best interest to play his very best in preparation for next season.

As it stands, Crooks would walk into our team, as we literally don't have a defensive midfield player, but he seems to be a good pro so I'd hope they continue to give their all for Accrington. Quite honestly, if they didn't, then I'd be dissapointed.

stanley nick 06-01-2016 08:25

Good Morning All

Having just spoke to Andy Holt he wanted just to inform all our supporters that the Rangers deal for Josh and Matt is along way off a conclusion
The Media speculation driven by the respected agents is being blown out of all proportion
Our Majority Shareholder is fighting the Clubs corner on this matter and will not be dictated to by Rangers
I think its still along way to run . By Rangers stating its a done deal is just a smokescreen to put other clubs off the scent, Rangers are out of order.
Josh and Matt remain very committed to the Stanley but nobody can blame them to furthering their careers.
Josh has been carrying an injury for a while now so maybe being subbed quite a few times will reflect that

Lets stay behind our team whatever the outcome , we have a huge 5 months coming up
Maybe we can all have a beer at Wembley Bank Holiday Monday!

Thanks Nick

AccyMad 06-01-2016 09:27

I won't be having a beer at Wembley cos sod the play offs - we're going straight up! ��

andyd 06-01-2016 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley nick (Post 1157907)
Good Morning All

Having just spoke to Andy Holt he wanted just to inform all our supporters that the Rangers deal for Josh and Matt is along way off a conclusion
The Media speculation driven by the respected agents is being blown out of all proportion
Our Majority Shareholder is fighting the Clubs corner on this matter and will not be dictated to by Rangers
I think its still along way to run . By Rangers stating its a done deal is just a smokescreen to put other clubs off the scent, Rangers are out of order.
Josh and Matt remain very committed to the Stanley but nobody can blame them to furthering their careers.
Josh has been carrying an injury for a while now so maybe being subbed quite a few times will reflect that

Lets stay behind our team whatever the outcome , we have a huge 5 months coming up
Maybe we can all have a beer at Wembley Bank Holiday Monday!

Thanks Nick

Thanks for the information Nick nice for everyone to be kept in the picture.

andyd 06-01-2016 12:26

Just read Rangers preparing £400,000 offer for both players as opposed to around £60,000 compensation if true the ball would then be in Accy,s court, if accepted they would leave right away.

AccyMad 06-01-2016 14:30

IF it's true it's not nearly enough - they're just trying to rush us by comparing what we might get in compensation - I'd say the ball, for once, is well & truly in Stanley's court

Revived Red 06-01-2016 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1157920)
Just read

Just read - where? Nick has told us that there is a lot of media speculation and hype.

Crown Grounder 06-01-2016 15:55

Sky Sports reporting a pre-contract for the pair to go to Rangers in the summer.

Tin Monkey 06-01-2016 16:07

Undergone a medical according to the BBC, but not moving until the Summer.

andyd 06-01-2016 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 1157936)
Just read - where? Nick has told us that there is a lot of media speculation and hype.

It's just been on BBC they have both had medicals this afternoon at Rangers.

cashman 06-01-2016 16:10

Wish em well if they go in summer, but feel they may have done a bit better if they had held on.

andyd 06-01-2016 16:16

Personaly if it's all true I would prefer they go now then at least the club would get something which is better than peanuts in the Summer and we move on as a club and we learn some valuable lessons.

nige b 06-01-2016 17:14

According to Sky signed pre contracts so we're gonna get chuff all!

smobile 06-01-2016 19:04

On their fishy now...........

Windass & Crooks Sign Agreements - Rangers Football Club, Official Website

smobile 06-01-2016 19:05

Four year deals too - good luck to them both.

Chewbacca 06-01-2016 19:06

There is no lesson for the club to learn, if they give 3/4 year contracts they will go bankrupt.

It is a shame that they haven't decided to go to an English/Welsh club though after relaunching their careers here. It is also a shame there is no Stan the Monkey to eat the peanuts the club will now get.

AccyMad 06-01-2016 19:17

I'm disgusted with the pair of them that they didn't think enough of our club to sign new contracts which would have enabled us to get the money we deserve for bringing them through, remind me - where was Josh playing when we signed him?
The result would have been the same for them, leaving in the summer so would've been no skin off their noses to put pen to paper - this may have been down to bad advice from family and/or agents but surely they've got a brain of their own to think things through?! Gutted!!

Chrisr 06-01-2016 19:45

If the deal is done as is being reported then with no disrespect to Rangers, I have to say the players will not progress much at Rangers. Josh is about at his level in league one at this point in time, Matt is a good player but is a long way from the finished article, I don't think he would hold a regular place in a championship side yet. It is disappointing they have gone this route, I don't believe they can stay and play at Stanley as they will not risk injury, By this I am not suggesting they will not do a job but if you were them would you risk breaking a leg or ankle? I personally think if they have signed they should go now, We have enough in reserve to replace them at this moment. I wish both players well and hope they do well at Rangers. Remember Kal came from Rangers to us. we need to galvanise and get the promotion we need and be prepared for other clubs trying to poach our players, It is a big compliment to the club and all the staff who have helped train the players to a level that bigger clubs are seeking. I am afraid it is a double edged sword at the moment. It does not help that we have not had a game at home for a couple of months. onward and upward and never look down.

cashman 06-01-2016 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1157951)
I'm disgusted with the pair of them that they didn't think enough of our club to sign new contracts which would have enabled us to get the money we deserve for bringing them through, remind me - where was Josh playing when we signed him?
The result would have been the same for them, leaving in the summer so would've been no skin off their noses to put pen to paper - this may have been down to bad advice from family and/or agents but surely they've got a brain of their own to think things through?! Gutted!!

Were they offered new contracts? if not then that must be a lesson learned.? Well Kal didn't cut it at rangers and fer me is certainly a better footballer than Joss.

deeayess 06-01-2016 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1157948)
There is no lesson for the club to learn, if they give 3/4 year contracts they will go bankrupt.

It is a shame that they haven't decided to go to an English/Welsh club though after relaunching their careers here. It is also a shame there is no Stan the Monkey to eat the peanuts the club will now get.

This is exactly right. How many would have offered Crooks a 3/4 year deal last season given his performances and Josh was a player out with a long term injury. There is no money to gamble on whether a player will come good or not and if they were at the stage they are at now before they were signed then they wouldn't have signed for Accy.

That's a fact of life at the Crown, players with short contracts who perform move elsewhere. Remember the end of the playoff season where a lot moved on at the end of the season for nothing.

deeayess 06-01-2016 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1157954)
If the deal is done as is being reported then with no disrespect to Rangers, I have to say the players will not progress much at Rangers. .

In previous seasons I would probably have agreed but Mark Warburton is the type of coach/manager who can get the best out of young players and isn't affraid to play them.

It is also a fact of life that even big clubs like Rangers are a stepping stone to even bigger things these days. It is a fact of life that Sky TV money changed the face of football forever and the promised land of the Premiership or Champions League is all that matters now. Money seems to be worth more than trophies to players and loyalty disappeared long ago.

Chrisr 06-01-2016 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1157957)
In previous seasons I would probably have agreed but Mark Warburton is the type of coach/manager who can get the best out of young players and isn't affraid to play them.

It is also a fact of life that even big clubs like Rangers are a stepping stone to even bigger things these days. It is a fact of life that Sky TV money changed the face of football forever and the promised land of the Premiership or Champions League is all that matters now. Money seems to be worth more than trophies to players and loyalty disappeared long ago.

I agree, I just hope we have agreed to a couple of games with you to show there is no hard feelings between supporters. In fact I would be happy to buy you a pint.

cashman 06-01-2016 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1157959)
I agree, I just hope we have agreed to a couple of games with you to show there is no hard feelings between supporters. In fact I would be happy to buy you a pint.

Yeh can buy him one sooner than yeh think, he comes down regular watching stanley.:D

AccyMad 06-01-2016 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1157955)
Were they offered new contracts? if not then that must be a lesson learned.? Well Kal didn't cut it at rangers and fer me is certainly a better footballer than Joss.

Was just going off when it was reported that Windass snr. had advised Josh not to sign a new contract with Stanley so presumed he had been offered?
To be honest I think Crooks is the bigger loss of the two of them, Shay can more than fill Josh's boots & I'd be tempted to play him as first choice & leave Josh on the bench

deeayess 06-01-2016 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisr (Post 1157959)

That would suit me fine but it would probably be a no go at Ibrox as the crowd would be too low and I doubt the police would be too keen on a game at the Crown although I would doubt there would be any trouble between fans.

If it were to happen I would probably even stand in my usual spot on the Clayton End and be diplomatic about what colours to wear. Perhaps I will finally get a half and half scarf :D .

deeayess 06-01-2016 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1157960)
Yeh can buy him one sooner than yeh think, he comes down regular watching stanley.:D

Correct. Sometimes there's even a game on :D . Even is Josh and Matt aint there on Saturday I will be if it's on.

dabeast 06-01-2016 20:38

The logical next step should be to loan them out to rangers now, get rangers to pay their wages and a loan fee and wish them both well. I don't think the players owe us anything and it is naive to think they would have got the same deals offered to them by rangers if rangers had to pay transfer fees for them (because they had signed new contracts with us for example)

lancsdave 06-01-2016 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1157962)
Perhaps I will finally get a half and half scarf :D .

ermmmmmmmmmmmm nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :)

deeayess 06-01-2016 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1157967)
ermmmmmmmmmmmm nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :)

In the unlikely event that the game were to happen nothing would surprise me knowing the unofficial stuff that's produced when Rangers play even abroad :D

Chewbacca 06-01-2016 21:33

I hope the shame of Scotland never play at he Crown, we aint that desperate for money or grief tourists.

DAV007 06-01-2016 22:41

Rangers are a great club with great fans, far better than celtic fans in my experience.

winstanley asfc 07-01-2016 00:59

At least we wont have to see grumpy old git Windass senior at the Crown Ground for much longer!:biggrin8:

mab 07-01-2016 05:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1157946)

Still nothing on Stanley fishy site?!!:confused:

AccyMad 07-01-2016 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1157969)
I hope the shame of Scotland never play at he Crown, we aint that desperate for money or grief tourists.

A little harsh, ok Rangers have screwed us over but it's hardly their fans fault & they're not to blame for what has happened to their club

football19 07-01-2016 07:09

Can't blame the lads,and the right step up in my opinion.
Think both lads have progressed to at least first division standard so should play regularly at Rangers.
The person I have sympathy for is Coley.
He got his player recruitment spot on this season and results prove this.
The lads have progressed under his guidance and this will create another challenge.
Let's not forget we've got a decent squad and hopefully this will see us thro ( some loanee gems please!)
Crookseys presence will be a big miss,so team selection (when they go) will be interesting
KTF

st06nc2 07-01-2016 07:51

Stuff both of them we're not a 2 man team I'm sure we can cope without them both, focus on the rest of the team not just 2 players

cashman 07-01-2016 08:16

Seems they went up yon without informing Stanley, I would think those 2 owed us at least that?:(

Whalley Red 07-01-2016 08:40

I wish Josh and Matt all the best in their careers, but this leaves a sour taste.

I would have been happy with them if they had declared that they are fully committed to winning promotion with Stanley, but left in the summer at the end of their contracts.

I would have been happy with them if they left this month with decent transfer fees that, at least, protect Stanley's financial interests.

I would have held them as shining examples of what a Stanley player should be if they had been sold this month with decent fees, but as part of the deal had returned to the former Club to try and win promotion for the rest of the season (as Delle Ali did when signing for Spurs last year).

But to go behind the Club's back and secretly negotiate a deal with another Club, knowing that it delivers the worst possible outcome for their current employers. That leaves a really sour taste.

I know that it's easy to blame their obnoxious agent, but this is about respect. I thought Josh and Matt were better than that.

football19 07-01-2016 08:41

Cashy,pretty sure they are both with the same agent and being their first move,they wouldn't go against his instructions !!!
Both are good lads,great prospects,it's the club/manager who I feel for

cashman 07-01-2016 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 1157990)
Cashy,pretty sure they are both with the same agent and being their first move,they wouldn't go against his instructions !!!
Both are good lads,great prospects,it's the club/manager who I feel for

Agent?? i have him as a pish head @ scumbag.to me its fools following the King Of Clowns simple as.

football19 07-01-2016 09:00

If players choose to sign up with agents that's their choice, but if he gets their wages to rise from £600 to £6000 a week,he's done his job !!!,

stanley nick 07-01-2016 09:15

Both players were offered lengthy and improved new contacts earlier in the season which they would not sign despite many reminders!
BUT you cannot blame the lads they have a right to improve their careers its the rules that have stuffed this up
We now need to turn this negative into a positive because the fans of this club can now play an important part.
We need to get behind the two lads to play out of their skin to help us to promotion
Lets get behind the new owner, John and Jimmy and the rest of the players

Thanks Nick

andyd 07-01-2016 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley nick (Post 1157993)
Both players were offered lengthy and improved new contacts earlier in the season which they would not sign despite many reminders!
BUT you cannot blame the lads they have a right to improve their careers its the rules that have stuffed this up
We now need to turn this negative into a positive because the fans of this club can now play an important part.
We need to get behind the two lads to play out of their skin to help us to promotion
Lets get behind the new owner, John and Jimmy and the rest of the players

Thanks Nick

No you can't blame anyone in whatever profession for wanting the best for themselves and their families it's the going behind the clubs back when it's all over social media that they where up their that people don't like I think they will get a mixed reception if and when they play for us again.

winstanley asfc 07-01-2016 09:52

So have both players gone or not? There's that many different stories floating about who knows what's what? There's been no mention on the Stanley official site as far as i can see. If they've gone to Rangers will they still be playing for us till the end of the season or not? Have we got anything for them or have we been robbed again?
The last time Stanley got a decent fee for any of our players was nearly ten years ago when we got about 400 grand for Gary Roberts and Ian Craney!:(

I'm also hearing that there'll be a pre-season friendly between Stanley and Rangers as part of the deal. If so i don't think the plod will be happy,just like when we were supposed to play Celtic the other year for Coley's testimonial.
Thousands of Rangers fans around Accy on a Tuesday night...i Can't see it happening!

baldy 07-01-2016 09:58

People saying the club should have offered 3/4 year deals!

People seem to forget that 6 months ago we was 1.2mill in debt, It would have been suicidal to offer that kind of deal to any player!

Nothing less than 100% expected from em both until the end of the season, I'm sure John and Jimmy will let them know this!!

accybeme 07-01-2016 10:05

looks like Rangers have screwed us

cashman 07-01-2016 10:13

Thing thats occurred to me, whilst we have no doubt lost 2 good players for virtually sod all., we also seem to have some good brains as leading shareholder now? my thought is can a clause be installed in future contracts stopping this kinda rip-off? its worth checking out very carefully i reckon.

Exile on Spencer St 07-01-2016 10:32

Who'd be a manager?
Thanks and goodbye Messrs Crooks and Windass.
Step up Messrs McCartan, Buxton, Wakefield, Barry, Bruna, Proctor, Winnard, et al.
Good luck Professor Coleman.

AccyMad 07-01-2016 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1157995)
No you can't blame anyone in whatever profession for wanting the best for themselves and their families it's the going behind the clubs back when it's all over social media that they where up their that people don't like I think they will get a mixed reception if and when they play for us again.

Agree with most of that Andy & you may be right about the mixed reception - I hope however that while they're still playing in a Stanley shirt & as long as they give 110% effort I'd hope our fans will get behind them as we usually would

cashman 07-01-2016 10:49

To be perfectly honest i thought joss only gave us about 25 mins at Mansfield.

accybeme 07-01-2016 11:03

face it Rangers have us over a barrel, the only thing that's left for our board is to negotiate the best deal for a January transfer

AccyMad 07-01-2016 11:25

Coley has summed it up pretty well in his statement on the fishy site, I don't say this very often but on this occasion have to tip my hat to him - well said John :)

smobile 07-01-2016 11:56

I think his fat-headed dad is deluded

Dean Windass: My boy Josh can be the new Gazza after signing for Rangers - Daily Record

Revived Red 07-01-2016 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1158010)
Coley has summed it up pretty well in his statement on the fishy site, I don't say this very often but on this occasion have to tip my hat to him - well said John :)

I very much agree with you.

And let's see how Windass fares against some of those uncompromising Scottish defenders. I am sure that McCartan and maybe Bruna will be able to take his place at the Wham.

Crooks may be harder to replace and no doubt Coley will have his plans, possibly with a loan player in mind. I wonder if Wakefield could take on the Crooks role?

widnes viking 07-01-2016 12:48

I rate Crooks quite highly and he is a big loss. I think Josh has to thank himself that he is the penalty taker as I think it is his goal haul that has caught the eye.

Signing either on for four years is a massive gamble no wonder they are constantly in a mess.

Sign Billy Kee up another year!

widnes viking 07-01-2016 12:51

Look at the comments under the story - jeepers this place is kindergarten in comparison!

Dean Windass: My boy Josh can be the new Gazza after signing for Rangers - Daily Record

football19 07-01-2016 13:10

Both players never leave anything on the training ground,good young pros and I am sure now that the cats out the bag,they may up their game to our advantage.
The team spirit is second to none,hope they get a good reception

cashman 07-01-2016 13:13

Crooks will certainly be the biggest loss imho, as fer the comments, the Gers fans seem to have the same opinion of joss's daddy as i do.:D

AccyMad 07-01-2016 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1158011)

Oh my stars! That interview only reinforces my previous opinion of Windass snr & also gives me a little bit of insight into why maybe Josh will be glad to escape over the border away from his ramblings :rolleyes:

choirboy 07-01-2016 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 1157989)
I wish Josh and Matt all the best in their careers, but this leaves a sour taste.

I would have been happy with them if they had declared that they are fully committed to winning promotion with Stanley, but left in the summer at the end of their contracts.

I would have been happy with them if they left this month with decent transfer fees that, at least, protect Stanley's financial interests.

I would have held them as shining examples of what a Stanley player should be if they had been sold this month with decent fees, but as part of the deal had returned to the former Club to try and win promotion for the rest of the season (as Delle Ali did when signing for Spurs last year).

But to go behind the Club's back and secretly negotiate a deal with another Club, knowing that it delivers the worst possible outcome for their current employers. That leaves a really sour taste.

I know that it's easy to blame their obnoxious agent, but this is about respect. I thought Josh and Matt were better than that.

John and Jimmy have been here before. Remember how we lost most of the 'Play Off' squad a few seasons ago but they have built another great squad and will do again!
ON STANLEY ON with JIMMY and JOHN....:alright:
.....to further glorious chapters in the history of our beloved Accrington Stanley!:wave8::signbeer:

cashman 07-01-2016 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalley Red (Post 1157989)

This sums it up perfectly to me, my thoughts now after considering the "whys @ wherefores" are show them the same respect, fine em and shove em outa the first team. to repay the club like they have is abysmal imho. nothing at all about a player doing the best fer himself, i'm all in favour of that, but this to me is more.

Exile on Spencer St 07-01-2016 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by smobile (Post 1158011)

"At Accrington every journalist spoke about his dad in interviews but I don’t want that – it’s not about me any more."

:rofl38::rofl38:
QED

carpon 07-01-2016 16:27

MY Opinion......I'd drop the pair of them now. Permanently. :mad:

I don't begrudge the fact that both players have a right to better themselves and move on to bigger and better things. But the way this situation has been played out, leaves a very bitter taste and is quite frankly showing that the pair showed a total lack of respect for the club (who gave them a second chance) and our fans who have supported them.:mad:

For me, they both can go and kick a can around on an empty street somewhere until they get their move. I wouldn't have either of them anywhere near the 1st team. I doubt they'll "run through brick walls" for the club and if we are to secure a place in the promotion or even the play off places, we can't carry passengers who are just marking time. I'd also question what this situation does for team morale ??:confused:

We're going to have to get used to playing without them so I'd pick players who actually want to play for the club...so step up McCarten to replace Windass and possibly Proccy (if he's match fit??) to fill Crooks' role.:confused:

If permanently dropping the pair leaves us thin on the ground numbers wise, I'd hope Coleman can either sign a couple of replacements, gets in a couple of loan players till the end of the season, or failing that give some of our younger fringe players a place on the bench.

I'd also like to express my utter contempt at Glasgow Rangers. I could use stronger words but this forum won't allow them.I admired Mark Warburton when he was manager of Brentford. I thought he was a decent bloke. Not now......:mad:

For Rangers to not even have the decency to ask for permission to talk to the pair is crass. They've treated OUR club, our Chairman, Majority Shareholder, our management team and our fans..... with utter disdain and disregard.

LD72 07-01-2016 17:24

Right I'm a Rangers fan, why on earth is everyone moaning at us for the way we have "conducted our business"? How in anyway is it disrespectful? The lads are out of contract at the end of the season, we negotiated a contract with them as its their business not the clubs at that point. We were in no way obligated to communicate through AS and despite that we still sent an e-mail saying we are going to talk to them.
So why is your director saying we are classless etc? Thousands of clubs sign players on pre-contracts every year, what makes it so bad that we done it?

Edit: May I add, to the person above me, we do not need to ask for permission when they are in their last 6 months. Its the rules and regulations of FIFA, we followed them, we have done everything but treat your directors etc with disregard.

Exile on Spencer St 07-01-2016 17:26

On balance, Carpon, I agree with you. Sorry, F19, but I think your usual optimism is misplaced. But in the end, it'll be Professor Coleman's decision that matters.
I think Rangers should be told that, if they expect to welcome two match fit players in June, they should stump up some money now to buy them out of their current contracts with Stanley. The alternative should be them welcoming two lads who haven't kicked a ball in a match for 6 months. If Stanley are to survive without Messrs Windass and Crooks, may as well start now. Why should other players sit on their backsides on the bench for the entire second half of this season just so Rangers can avoid having to pay to keep 'their' players fit.
I think most agree with those who reckon Shay McCarten is ready to take on Windass's place. As for replacing Crooks, I wonder if Seamus Conneely could move upfield and have Messrs Buxton or Proctor take over the more defensive role that Seamus currently fills so well.

Just hope the rain allows the game to go ahead on Saturday so Professor Coleman can get on with a job that was always difficult, but now, thanks to some pimp/agent who doesn't give a toss for the club, is even more so.

smudgie 07-01-2016 17:35

Let them rot in the reserves or even better, loan them to Barrow.

20 decent games for Stanley and they think they are gods.

Absolute disgrace.