Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Windass and Crooks............. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/windass-and-crooks-67863.html)

LongLostSon 05-01-2016 17:00

Re: Windass and Crooks.............

- - - - besides, if UK pull out of Europe & Scotland exit the UK, Matty & Josh will be paid in groats and their mickle might not mek a muckle. Are you following lads ? - best stay where your mates are.

andyd 05-01-2016 18:40

Surely If Josh and Matt have been talking to Rangers the club would have some idea what is what and Coleman and company will be talking to their targets it,s the way I,d have thought it worked will be an interesting few days.

cashman 05-01-2016 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1157871)
Surely If Josh and Matt have been talking to Rangers the club would have some idea what is what and Coleman and company will be talking to their targets it,s the way I,d have thought it worked will be an interesting few days.

Dunno how its working, but if the club only had n e-mail then anythings possible imho.:confused:

Reamer 05-01-2016 19:14

STV believe terms with Windass agreed

Accrington midfielder Josh Windass agrees personal terms with Rangers | Rangers | Sport

andyd 05-01-2016 19:14

According to a report by STV Windlass agrees terms with Rangers and both Josh and Matt are set to join Rangers in the Summer.

andyd 05-01-2016 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reamer (Post 1157876)

Beat me to it.

maccawozzagod 05-01-2016 19:19

Let the bidding war commence then.

I would imagine both players would be hellbent on going so I hope we offer a massive new contract in the hope it helps to bump up the compo :-)

Reamer 05-01-2016 19:23

Compensation payment details aren't clear though its not going to be anywhere near the 'true value' or Coley's million quid. Andy Holt is 'sickened' by the whole thing and I can see why

cashman 05-01-2016 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1157879)
Let the bidding war commence then.

I would imagine both players would be hellbent on going so I hope we offer a massive new contract in the hope it helps to bump up the compo :-)

That makes good sense to me?

andyd 05-01-2016 19:33

If it's true and both players sign precontract deals with Rangers and don't leave until the summer what are their mindsets like and do you play them bad scenario especially if your after promotion.

deeayess 05-01-2016 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1157877)
According to a report by STV Windlass agrees terms with Rangers and both Josh and Matt are set to join Rangers in the Summer.

Don't believe everything you read in the Scottish media about Rangers or Celtic for that matter. Most of it is guesswork and rubbish.

That doesn't mean it won't happen though.

baldy 05-01-2016 19:51

Was obvious they was going elsewhere at the end of the season, I just hope they put 100% for every Stanley game they play and not duck out of tackles in fear of getting injured before they leave!

nige b 05-01-2016 22:03

Have they got the money to pay us?

deeayess 05-01-2016 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by nige b (Post 1157896)
Have they got the money to pay us?

It's usually Accy that's getting asked that :D

Chewbacca 05-01-2016 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeayess (Post 1157823)
There is very little chance of getting big money for them as any club can get them for next to nothing at the end of the season as there contract is up.

I would also doubt that development money would be a great deal either as they haven't been here that long and were probably not on big wages. I don't think there is a lot to be had in cross border transfers anyway as it more or less only applies for transfers within the same association once the contract expires.

I had a look at the "training compensation" and you are correct it is derisory in these circumstances.

As Carpon says, we need someone else to step in from England or Wales, or lose them for the price of a night out in the Broadway.