Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Playoffs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/playoffs-68965.html)

Lord Didsbury 02-04-2017 17:06

Re: Playoffs

I mean the occasional stuff you read on there from others about what's said on here.

cashman 02-04-2017 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1191499)
I mean the occasional stuff you read on there from others about what's said on here.

No big deal LordD, i very rarely say owt on twitter, think its rubbish and in the main fer real twits.;)

Lord Stiffupperlip 02-04-2017 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1191491)
Nice words Lord Stiffupperlip, but I don't think there were many who were fretting over relegation. The prevailing mood was we were genuinely far too good to go down and waiting for the tide to turn.
Is my memory playing tricks?

I don't recall any posts predicting we may just possibly reach the play-offs when we plumbed the depths of second from bottom back in December.
My earlier post was simply expressing thanks for the sheer joy our current form has brought about.

Lord Didsbury 02-04-2017 20:12

No, that's true enough. I thought promotion might still happen for a long while, but hopes died around Xmas.

monkey hanger 03-04-2017 09:58

finish as high up the league as possible but play offs no chance. too many above us who have to fail to allow us to make it i,m afraid.

Tom D 03-04-2017 12:31

https://experimental361.com/2017/04/...-2-2-apr-2017/

This blokes website has a graph at the bottom of the page for likely finishing positions in the league - only 3% chance of playoffs!!! :O

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics

cashman 03-04-2017 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1191543)
https://experimental361.com/2017/04/...-2-2-apr-2017/

This blokes website has a graph at the bottom of the page for likely finishing positions in the league - only 3% chance of playoffs!!! :O

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics

True, as Plymouth are number 10 on his figures, its utter crap,they are 99% certain to go up automatic imho.

maccawozzagod 03-04-2017 13:49

The annoying thing about the anti Accy Web brigade is they outnumber Accy Web users, if they actually posted more frequently then the things they protest about would be diluted to nothingness.

Unfortunately forums always were, always will be a platform where the naysayers get their most airtime. But its no different to the conversations on the terrace or in the pub.

Exile on Spencer St 03-04-2017 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom D (Post 1191543)

He isn't Somerset by any chance, is he? ;)

Revived Red 03-04-2017 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1191552)
He isn't Somerset by any chance, is he? ;)

He can't be. There is no mention of waterlogged pitches messing up his statistics. ;););)

choirboy 05-04-2017 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1191550)
The annoying thing about the anti Accy Web brigade is they outnumber Accy Web users, if they actually posted more frequently then the things they protest about would be diluted to nothingness.

Unfortunately forums always were, always will be a platform where the naysayers get their most airtime. But its no different to the conversations on the terrace or in the pub.

Is there really an 'Anti Accy Web Brigade'.....?:idunno:
Is there possibly also an 'Anti Accy Twitter Brigade' then....?:confused:

I don't understand anyone being 'Anti' anything at all where the Stanley is concerned!:(

I thought, and still hope, that we are ALL simply ACCY STANLEY SUPPORTERS.....
United in one cause to see our famous club continue in glory in the Football League doing as well as we can every season.:theband:
KEEP THE FAITH:drunk::cheers::s_gupjump:s_gupjump
ON STANLEY ON
:wave8::signbeer::drink::jimbo::alright:

maccawozzagod 05-04-2017 17:21

Yes there really is! And I can fully understand why to an extent. More often that not we just have whingers whinging about nowt. If things are going bad we whinge about the team, if things are going good we whinge about the club, if the club seems to be going good we whinge about pies ...

It sounds worse than it is, when its typed out. But, there is often no room for constructive debate as any that protesteth are quickly labelled clowns or numpties and then the thread breaks down.

I used to use this forum daily but now more as a passing thought to see if there is any gossip worth knowing. Many other notable 'names' have similarly slipped away over the years

Exile on Spencer St 05-04-2017 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 1191617)
Yes there really is! And I can fully understand why to an extent. More often that not we just have whingers whinging about nowt. If things are going bad we whinge about the team, if things are going good we whinge about the club, if the club seems to be going good we whinge about pies ...

And now Easter eggs, FCOL!

Lord Didsbury 06-04-2017 22:09

too much moaning?

Last night we went to watch Matera Calcio - another Italian division 3 club.
Cost €9 in. Which is great.
The gate was probably about 2,500 but the football was boring as hell (0-0) and the Ultras sinister and humourless.

It was a bit weird to read the forum today with some negativity towards easteregggate and the usual stuff about the price of season tickets. It's easy to forget just what a bazzing thing the Theatre of Wham has going on.

any forum is bound to have its share of grumbles and gripes though. That should not matter in the slightest as we all have our irrational pet hates to get off our chests. but if people are being labelled as clowns or numpies that's just pathetic. Does that happen? I've not really noticed it - this seems a largely joyous place.

cashman 07-04-2017 07:05

If there really is an Anti-Accy-Web brigade,it just demonstrates to me what sad pathetic people there are in the world,i have no need at all to explain that comment, anyone with an I.Q. of 5 knows what i'm saying.:rolleyes: