Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Orient match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/orient-match-thread-69001.html)

Kiwi John 14-03-2017 03:07

Re: Orient match thread

Got home,started reading this thread and was appalled at the clubs stance. However, as it evolved, the decision was reversed and common sense has won out. Good luck with the bucket collection and your footballing future Orient, but not no luck on the field please.

cashman 14-03-2017 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket (Post 1189847)
What's the latest on this Portuguese lad from tadcaster?

Still not got clearance as far as we know, probably cos its not premiership.:rolleyes:

st06nc2 14-03-2017 08:22

Don't see why we need clearance for him, last club he played at was in england

AccyMad 14-03-2017 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1189817)
He should have done this, he should have done that... well actually what has happened is that Stanley has now been shown to have very caring fans and a management that listens to them. Plus, Orient have more publicity for their campaign as a result and more likelihood of a better collection tomorrow.

Maybe this can be filed under "storm in a tea cup"?

Although this has all worked out ok in the end, thank goodness & I don't want to drag it out further than it has been but the point is that there shouldn't have been any question in the first place that the collection could go ahead & yes, someone up above listened to the fans & got it sorted but I worry that the original decision to deny Orient this just shows that some of our new regime just don't get it, they don't get what Stanley or the footballing community is all about. Just my opinion & I'll shut up about it now.
Good luck to Orient with their collection tonight & on-going situation but obviously not gonna wish them luck ON the pitch, at least not tonight ;)

cashman 14-03-2017 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1189876)
Although this has all worked out ok in the end, thank goodness & I don't want to drag it out further than it has been but the point is that there shouldn't have been any question in the first place that the collection could go ahead & yes, someone up above listened to the fans & got it sorted but I worry that the original decision to deny Orient this just shows that some of our new regime just don't get it, they don't get what Stanley or the footballing community is all about. Just my opinion & I'll shut up about it now.
Good luck to Orient with their collection tonight & on-going situation but obviously not gonna wish them luck ON the pitch, at least not tonight ;)

Great post Di,sums things up perfectly. yer far more diplomatic than me, but were both singing from the same Hymn Sheet.;)

monkey hanger 14-03-2017 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1189876)

suppose health and safety was to blame at the outset. wrong colour buckets. buckets could be used as weapons of mass destruction and orient fans refusing to wear high vis jackets in their quest for survival. next thing the council will get involved as they haven,t a licence to collect within 50 yards of council owned land.

Lord Didsbury 14-03-2017 13:44

thinking about this some more, and the thought processes that might have been involved.... if I was the recently appointed head of a charity that had organised a 5K race and someone from another charity wanted to come and collect I would no doubt have an inclination to say no.

If someone pointed out to me that my charity had benefited from others in the past I would no doubt change my mind.

I would hope that me not grasping the context initially wouldn't instantly disqualify me (in some people's eyes) from running the charity, nor would my political views (providing they don't interfere) or background - and that I'd get some slack and support from within my charity?

Obviously this is conditional on generally doing a good job.

Maybe I'm being too forgiving, or being overly analytical, but that's how I see it.

choirboy 14-03-2017 17:34

Come on STANLEY.:mosher:
It's an important 'SIX Pointer' tonight.:mosher:
A win and three points will help us to pull away from the relegation zone.:mosher:
Let's hope for a good turnout from the Stanley Faithful and that they are all in good voice.:mosher:
ON STANLEY ON:mosher:
WITH JIMMY AND JOHN
:mosher:

Lord Didsbury 14-03-2017 17:55

The Don is ill and Clare injured.
Therefore the team picks itself tonight.

Dav1d 14-03-2017 17:57

Team

ASFC: Rodak, Rodgers, Beckles, Hughes, Pearson, Clark, Conneely, Brown, McConville, McCartan, Kee

ASFC subs: Gornell, Boco, Husin, Hewitt, Shaw, Chapman, Edwards

Dav1d 14-03-2017 19:30

Kee header from a corner 1-0 sounds like a good game end to end

Lord Didsbury 14-03-2017 19:38

It's men v boys.

What a great performance...so far.

st06nc2 14-03-2017 19:39

Must say I'm starting too like golden boy abit

st06nc2 14-03-2017 19:56

2-0 Matty p from a Sean free kick

AccyMad 14-03-2017 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1189931)
Must say I'm starting too like golden boy abit

Get this post framed!! . .
Or moved to Impossible headlines' :D