Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Orient match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/orient-match-thread-69001.html)

st06nc2 13-03-2017 16:42

Orient match thread

According to thier fans trust we've refused them permission to have collection buckets around the ground

cashman 13-03-2017 17:04

Re: Orient match thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1189769)
According to thier fans trust we've refused them permission to have collection buckets around the ground

If thats correct, its a poor do, did we not have em at other grounds when we were in the sh1t?

st06nc2 13-03-2017 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1189771)
If thats correct, its a poor do, did we not have em at other grounds when we were in the sh1t?

Apparently spoke to the CEO who refused them

cashman 13-03-2017 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1189772)
Apparently spoke to the CEO who refused them

Disgraceful IMHO

st06nc2 13-03-2017 17:16

Tried to explain we are in similar position & need to financially support @ASFCofficial -we are making losses & need to get that right first

The CEO's response, were in a similar position apparently, so do we have a winding up order that were not getting told about

nige b 13-03-2017 17:30

A difficult one for me. Yes we have been and probably still are in financial dire straits but we have perpetually been under funded through low gates but I have always believed that ultimately we have been run by people that generally cared for the club albeit blinkered at times and incompetently a hell of a lot of the time. Orient I believe are a different entity run by a crook who doesn't give a flying toss about the club but I do feel for their fans because we all know fans are the life blood of any football club.Still see no problem in a bucket collection though causes no harm and shows unity as the footy family, let's face it we've been there!

Exile on Spencer St 13-03-2017 17:33

Poor do. How not to make friends and influence people.
With a response like that, I wouldn't be surprised if Stanley's new club house bar takes less money from away fans than it might otherwise have done.
But, presumably, only the police or Council could stop Orient fans collecting beyond the confines of the football ground?

st06nc2 13-03-2017 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by nige b (Post 1189777)
A difficult one for me. Yes we have been and probably still are in financial dire straits but we have perpetually been under funded through low gates but I have always believed that ultimately we have been run by people that generally cared for the club albeit blinkered at times and incompetently a hell of a lot of the time. Orient I believe are a different entity run by a crook who doesn't give a flying toss about the club but I do feel for their fans because we all know fans are the life blood of any football club.Still see no problem in a bucket collection though causes no harm and shows unity as the footy family, let's face it we've been there!

Our club would rather have money spent in the ground than helping out other teams who are in a position we ourselves have been in, looks like they'll be taking buckets into the crown pre match

nige b 13-03-2017 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1189779)
Our club would rather have money spent in the ground than helping out other teams who are in a position we ourselves have been in, looks like they'll be taking buckets into the crown pre match

Good on 'em I'd throw a couple of quid in if I was there but sadly stuck in Notts and can't make it. The reality of the plight of football clubs has to be taken very seriously and our taking of it is rather saddening bearing in mind our history. Personally rather have a club than a big screen!

deeayess 13-03-2017 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1189771)

I definitely remember a bucket collection at Gigg Lane and loads of other clubs' fans rallied round too apart from that.

If it's true that the Club refused then not only is it a disgrace but I hope we are never in a similar position again.

Perhaps the club can confirm the reasoning behind this if it is true?

st06nc2 13-03-2017 18:27

Because of Dave burgess refusing the buckets the Orient fans now plan on not spending a penny once inside the ground which will lose us even more money

cashman 13-03-2017 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1189785)
Because of Dave burgess refusing the buckets the Orient fans now plan on not spending a penny once inside the ground which will lose us even more money

This fellow should "NEVER" have been allowed anywhere near Stanley, IMHO.:(

st06nc2 13-03-2017 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1189786)

Rather look after the club and prawn sandwich brigade than the fans

Dav1d 13-03-2017 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1189786)

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1189785)

Too right, we was alllowed to do buckets in other grounds! Regardless of the management around orient, it's the fans that suffer! What harm is it with them with buckets, Stanley fans would still spend in the ground! Poor show once again from off field management!!!

AccyMad 13-03-2017 18:46

Just been reading the Orient fans forum, if what they're saying is true I can't believe we've refused them permission to have a bucket collection - I know DB wasn't around when we were in a similar position but you think he'd have done his homework on how many clubs helped us out in a similar way & be only too glad to help out. What goes around comes around & all that . . . . .
At the end of the day it's up to each individual person if they want to contribute & we shouldn't be subjected to a blanket ban imposed by DB or anyone else