Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   The Official Great Grimsby Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/the-official-great-grimsby-thread-69048.html)

DaveinGermany 24-03-2017 19:13

Re: The Official Great Grimsby Thread

Firs Fir folks, the oaken hearted Stanley boys should leave the Grimsbyites weeping like the proverbial willow. :)

Lord Didsbury 24-03-2017 19:29

Anyone else with a pun about trees? Please Get it out now so we can concentrate on the job in hand.

Like, for example....

How many goals are we going to put past the Lincolnshire losers? I've been down't pub to analyse in great detail what might unfold and unanimously. Yes, UNANIMOUSLY, we can only see a thumping, huge, and massive victory for the saintly types in red.

I think I might need to get there early. Eat a few pies, check whether there are any other shrubs that need a trim and then soak up those few moments in the sun when the players emerge to the mass adulation of the adoring fans before the complete anhilliation of our fishy friends begins.

Ye gods, I can barely control myself in eager anticipation.

DaveinGermany 24-03-2017 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190838)
check whether there are any other shrubs that need a trim .

In Yorkingshire! I'm pretty sure there'll be quite a few unruly bushes that could do with a damn good strimming, as they say, down to the wood! :eek: ;)

sherry 24-03-2017 21:28

Who's going searching for bushes in Yorkshire? It's a home match! :D

choirboy 24-03-2017 21:45

Is there any news if Seamus Coneely is fit to play tomorrow v Grimsby.:idunno:
If he is not fit it will be a big loss for us to deal with IMHO!

deeayess 24-03-2017 21:49

Quote:

Anyone else with a pun about trees? Please Get it out now so we can concentrate on the job in hand.

Like, for example....

How many goals are we going to put past the Lincolnshire losers? I've been down't pub to analyse in great detail what might unfold and unanimously. Yes, UNANIMOUSLY, we can only see a thumping, huge, and massive victory for the saintly types in red.

I think I might need to get there early. Eat a few pies, check whether there are any other shrubs that need a trim and then soak up those few moments in the sun when the players emerge to the mass adulation of the adoring fans before the complete anhilliation of our fishy friends begins.

It's clear you certainly know your onions, or am I bark-ing up the wrong tree. It's clear that it's location doesn't suit the club :D

I'll get my coat again :D

Chimer 24-03-2017 22:09

Next week's headline: "Accrington Stanley Under Investigation Regarding Felling Of Tree In Defiance Of Preservation Order" :(

Lord Didsbury 25-03-2017 07:08

Grimsby is NOT in Yorkshire.

Did you lot spent geog lessons smoking behind the bike sheds?

monkey hanger 25-03-2017 07:36

grimby is in lincolnshire unless they,ve made up another of those stupid counties. for me southport will always be in lancashire like hartlepool in county durham in my eyes.

yonmon 25-03-2017 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1190810)
your legally allowed to cut down over hang

With this information to hand I must see my General Practitioner forthwith !.

yonmon 25-03-2017 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1190842)
In Yorkingshire! I'm pretty sure there'll be quite a few unruly bushes that could do with a damn good strimming, as they say, down to the wood! :eek: ;)

I've twigged it now Dave !... the Sap has risen at last !.

And now back to the thread which, and I'm not Codding, is now getting extremely fishy I feel !.

( and it is not my intention to open a can of piscatorial puns Lord. D ! ).

st06nc2 25-03-2017 08:15

Quote:

Like, for example....

You must be BARKing mad if you think tree jokes will stop now

choirboy 25-03-2017 09:05

Its a lovely sunny day today so bring on your kids, the Missus, your Grandma and Grandad and anyone else so that we caN swell the gate and get right behind the STANLEY.
Let's be the "TWELFTH MAN" that the players so appreciate in our quest to keep the unbeaten run going and our steady move up the table!
LOTS OF COLOUR AND LOTS OF NOISE PLEASE!
ON STANLEY ON
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Twenty Eight 25-03-2017 13:35

Grimsby do not play in Grimsby. They should be called Cleethoroes.
Seamus out as a precaution back Tuesday.

Lord Didsbury 25-03-2017 14:53

Other results going in our favour but we don't look like winning this. Matty isn't a midfielder. Etc.