Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Wigan Athletic Checkatrade Trophy Game (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/wigan-athletic-checkatrade-trophy-game-69616.html)

andyd 09-11-2017 11:19

Re: Wigan Athletic Checkatrade Trophy Game

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Morse (Post 1204227)
As well as Sousa and McLeod have played it would be difficult to not to start McConville and Clarke given their performance levels so far this season. Perhaps their consistency is helped by these guys ready to step in should the levels drop.

At the minute the only position up for grabs seems to be central midfield. We are still lacking a spark of creativity/forward thrust from this area and I guess this is not going to change for the rest of the season.

Saying that I think all our midfield combinations are solid and no-one has played particularly badly. If this set up gives the creative wide players sufficient scope to perform it may well be a non-issue.

Could be a target area come January.

ferret man 09-11-2017 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1204231)
could be a target area come january.

should

Twenty Eight 09-11-2017 15:42

[QUOTE=Inspector Morse;1204227]As well as Sousa and McLeod have played it would be difficult to not to start McConville and Clarke given their performance levels so far this season. Perhaps their consistency is helped by these guys ready to step in should the levels drop.

The reason why is a simple one. The two with the first team shirts know how to defend as well as attack. The other two less so.
Adios.

MikeA 09-11-2017 16:25

This explains the draw. Well, sort of:
https://www.efl.com/news/2017/novemb...edium=referral

cashman 09-11-2017 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1204242)
This explains the draw. Well, sort of:
https://www.efl.com/news/2017/novemb...edium=referral

Not to me it dont.:D

accybeme 10-11-2017 08:49

while not a fan of Paul Cook I find myself in agreement with his line on the checkatrade trophy, this web page from Wigan evening post says it all
The 12th Man: Checkatrade malfunction, but Cook?s stance is best - Wigan Today

cashman 10-11-2017 09:08

I also am NO Fan of the snake, but agree 100% with him on his stance. Seems Bradford City fans have made a great stand against this abomination of a trophy, so well done them.

AccyMad 10-11-2017 09:39

It's all well & good taking such a stance if you can afford the fines that come with it, what about the clubs who can't & are forced to go along with the ridiculousness of the competition?
I've made my own personal stand by not attending any if our Checkatrade games, it goes right against the grain as I don't like not being there to support our lads but I'll continue with it even if it means missing us playing at Wembley (& my God, that would hurt!)

cashman 10-11-2017 09:43

Thing is if the clubs that aint worried about the fines continue as some are doing, then its the best chance of the knobheads reverting back imho.

Chimer 10-11-2017 09:52

This story will warm your heart, Cashy ....

Checkatrade Trophy: Three Sunderland fans make trip to Grimsby Town - BBC Sport

cashman 10-11-2017 09:56

Cheers Chimer:)

monkey hanger 10-11-2017 11:14

[QUOTE=accybeme;1204289]while not a fan of Paul Cook I find myself in agreement with his line on the checkatrade trophy, this web page from Wigan evening post says it all

hate to agree myself but everything in the wigan paper for me is correct. anyone who goes to these games are in a way supporting the idea for B teams entering the football league. i,m sure this will eventually happen if the bribe is big enough for a lot of cash strapped league clubs. if atanley are ever involved in that type of thing i for one will pick my games carefully.

accybeme 10-11-2017 11:39

As I understand this The EPL coerced lower league clubs to vote for the checkatrade new format by threatening to take away their current share of handed down TV money, only trouble they cannot make the fans attend these matches,

monkey hanger 10-11-2017 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1204304)
As I understand this The EPL coerced lower league clubs to vote for the checkatrade new format by threatening to take away their current share of handed down TV money, only trouble they cannot make the fans attend these matches,

yes the dirty tricks brigade were out in force knowing most if not all rely upon that money. they,ll do anything to get their way and could not care less about fans being at stanley or any other lower division sides. we have not heard the last of their bribes by any means.

Thin Monkey 10-11-2017 17:47

Lincoln away in round 2.