Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Trotters Match Thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/trotters-match-thread-70836.html)

cashman 24-11-2019 13:57

Re: Trotters Match Thread

Pifco think many thought the same as you.:)

Outback Ozzy 24-11-2019 14:48

Well no9w for my 2 'penneth. Did Wynonie slip some of his pills into the tea pot in the changing room? I have seen Stanley struggle against 10 men previously, but not yesterday. We made a team of men look like boys! In fact, we have scored more goals against Bolton than any other team in League 1, even those that played the youth teams and were winning 5-0 or 5-1. OK we played 10 men for 75 minutes, but the heart and passion was there for all to see. Personally, I would have given man of the match to Colby Bishop for his no stop running and annoying the defenders, but can't complain after that result, maybe the whole team and subs bench and management should have been given man of the match, but at least we were 'Team of the week' on Quest in the highlights show. Well done to all and to the idiots from Bolton, you have done your team a great disservice. Throwing coins and bottles and flares is not clever, as for running on to the pitch, well you won't be going to a Bolton match for some time. It is about time bigger teams in this league realised, we are not tinpot, we are loud and proud of our Accrington Stanley.

Revived Red 24-11-2019 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1234051)
the heart and passion was there for all to see.

Agree 100%

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 1234051)
Personally, I would have given man of the match to Colby Bishop for his no stop running and annoying the defenders,

Again, agree 100%.

And I also agree with the critical comments about some of the idiots pretending to be Bolton supporters.

ferret man 24-11-2019 20:07

Think the E F L are looking into one of our sub's and want to know who we played as ozzy.

ossy kid 24-11-2019 20:35

Brilliant win, must have been a real tonic for those who were there let's hope the lads get confidence from their great show.
As a side comment, I play over 60s footy here in B.C. and this morning after the game we were all enjoying a beer with the opposition and I had to comment about Stanley's win and the opposition all started to laugh, one of their players was a Bolton fan, I thanks him and bought him a beer.

MikeA 25-11-2019 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1234059)
Brilliant win, must have been a real tonic for those who were there let's hope the lads get confidence from their great show.
As a side comment, I play over 60s footy here in B.C. and this morning after the game we were all enjoying a beer with the opposition and I had to comment about Stanley's win and the opposition all started to laugh, one of their players was a Bolton fan, I thanks him and bought him a beer.

Have you arranged to buy another next week? :)

anmc 25-11-2019 11:40

I saw the paramedics treating someone on the Clayton end on Saturday. Hope the person was OK.

ossy kid 25-11-2019 15:34

If it would guarantee another 7-1 Mike I would buy the whole bleeding brewery?? well maybe not but a six pack for sure.

pifco 25-11-2019 18:25

If it was before the match start anmc someone was hit by the ball when the lads were shooting in it could have been them who you saw being treated.

anmc 26-11-2019 06:40

Yes it was before the game, I was just hoping they were OK

Mr T 26-11-2019 08:12

All the 3 people who had injuries on the day and were treated by the ASFC medical team were patched up and continued to watch the game:)

monkey hanger 26-11-2019 08:19

keith hill stated earlier in the week that he could not care less about other division 1 teams. hope the words accrington stanley will give him a few sleepless nights.

MikeA 13-12-2019 15:48

From a different perspective:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lbm8uGij2o

Good filming of the first-half goals.