Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Covid and Fixtures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/covid-and-fixtures-71446.html)

Twenty Eight 05-01-2021 09:35

Re: Covid and Fixtures

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248747)
Sheffield Wednesday.

What about them ?

Exile on Spencer St 05-01-2021 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1248758)
What about them ?

“Exackerley”! :rolleyes:

cashman 05-01-2021 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1248758)
What about them ?

glad its not just me.

AccyMad 05-01-2021 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248723)
We are Elite Level in my eyes.

We always have been Cashy, even in non league days :D

choirboy 05-01-2021 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248746)
Didn't take long from today's testing Derby county several players positive will Chorley be awarded the tie, should imagine a few more clubs will be affected, when will it all end getting demoralised more by the hour get them jabs rolling, was at hospital today and my nurse was vaccinated on Xmas Eve a bit of bright news and hope for the coming weeks.

Possible Headline come the end of May?........:rolleyes:
CHORLEY WIN FA CUP!:mosher::jimbo:
Six rounds awarded to them ‘by default’ due to opponents having to withdraw due to Corona Virus outbreaks!
:rose8::s_whistl:

monkey hanger 06-01-2021 09:24

what gets me with all this is the cost of testing people for the virus. i admit its an area i know sod all about but it seems funny where the oxford jab costs 200 times less than the test which looks like shoving something up your nose and down your throat.

andyd 06-01-2021 17:28

Testing twice a week among all 72 EFL clubs and funded by the PFA finally some sense.

VALAIRIAN 06-01-2021 18:09

Testing is good news, but as Mr.T has stated previously - we are all the E.F.L....

VALAIRIAN 07-01-2021 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248702)
No plans to extend the season but FA have said no postponement,s due to Covid in the next round round as there is no space in the calendar, if you do ask for it off you forfeit the tie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248703)
thats a good example of how USELESS they are to me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55563342

Correct Cashy ;)

:) :) :)

andyd 07-01-2021 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248828)

Well Stanley have 7 games in January and February and 6 in March so not much more wiggle room, testing positive is a lottery so any of Stanley,s opponents have to call game off and we will struggle to fit them in, plus more bad weather forecast to me it isn't hard to forecast an extension to the season, nobody wants PPG again.

cashman 07-01-2021 13:53

big covid outbreak at aston villa, be interesting to see what they do about this one if game is off on sat.

andyd 07-01-2021 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248830)
big covid outbreak at aston villa, be interesting to see what they do about this one if game is off on sat.

Thought they said you had to play if you had 14 players available or forfeit the tie, yet Shrewsbury v Southampton is postponed mixed messages again as Derby said they are prepared to play youth in their affected tie.

VALAIRIAN 07-01-2021 15:06

Villa due to play Friday, they should have to play kids - like Liverpool did last year - or forfeit the tie!

Shrews should have been the same!!!!!!!!

It is becoming a joke :(

cashman 07-01-2021 15:14

its a total joke those responsible should be ashamed i would be if i was that stupid,

andyd 07-01-2021 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1248834)
Villa due to play Friday, they should have to play kids - like Liverpool did last year - or forfeit the tie!

Shrews should have been the same!!!!!!!!

It is becoming a joke :(

Not becoming it is a joke behind the curve as they put it all the time.

andyd 07-01-2021 16:38

Looks like Shrewsbury will be out of the competition as they can't raise enough players will still receive their prize money though.

VALAIRIAN 07-01-2021 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248747)
Sheffield Wednesday.

Got it Andy :)

VALAIRIAN 07-01-2021 17:59

Middlesbrough now also.........

andyd 08-01-2021 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248830)

Villa to play their youth team in the tie.

VALAIRIAN 08-01-2021 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248851)
Villa to play their youth team in the tie.

And so they should!

Regardless, they will still get £££, win, or lose.

monkey hanger 08-01-2021 09:15

on top of the virus anyone else think we are going to have a season interupted by really bad weather as well. its sods law.

andyd 08-01-2021 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1248854)
on top of the virus anyone else think we are going to have a season interupted by really bad weather as well. its sods law.

Well Salford have just called tomorrow,s game off due to frozen pitch.

andyd 08-01-2021 11:18

The Southern league,s below elite level have recommended to clubs to declare the season null and void due to current restrictions. Sadly inevitable at that level and below.

andyd 08-01-2021 11:50

Carlisle off frozen pitch thought it would have been ideal for slippers Zanzala.

andyd 08-01-2021 12:26

Northern Premier league have took the same steps as it's Southern counterparts and advised that the season be cancelled.

andyd 08-01-2021 12:43

Exeter City manager has said if the F.A. can bring a ruling in with Covid positive in the camp you play if you have 14 fit and positive free you play, says the EFL should bring in same rule interesting.

Twenty Eight 08-01-2021 15:47

That is very reasonable if you ask me. That's why you have a squad.

andyd 08-01-2021 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1248890)
That is very reasonable if you ask me. That's why you have a squad.

Correct

VALAIRIAN 09-01-2021 16:10

Dover have X34 games left to play in the League :eek: :eek:

Not sure when their season finishes, but..........

Lost in Cornwall 10-01-2021 08:40

Just noticed we're going to lose another one with Blackpool getting through to the 4th round of the cup. Can't see anyone who we could rearrange with unless Portsmouth get through today when we could move one of the Hull matches to the Saturday and try to find somebody else to play midweek.

andyd 10-01-2021 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall (Post 1248984)
Just noticed we're going to lose another one with Blackpool getting through to the 4th round of the cup. Can't see anyone who we could rearrange with unless Portsmouth get through today when we could move one of the Hull matches to the Saturday and try to find somebody else to play midweek.

Might benefit from the break and fit it in later.

andyd 11-01-2021 11:27

Shrewsbury v Lincoln off Saturday due to Covid at Salop.

andyd 11-01-2021 11:31

Scottish football below the Championship suspended for 3 weeks.

VALAIRIAN 11-01-2021 12:45

I am pretty sure that somebody on here came up with this idea????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55617486

Do you think that the Premier League bosses view Accyweb?? :D

VALAIRIAN 11-01-2021 12:48

Stanley clean bill of health in Covid testing :)

:)

cashman 11-01-2021 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1249004)
I am pretty sure that somebody on here came up with this idea????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55617486

I aint sure them CLOWNS can read mate.

cashman 11-01-2021 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1249005)
Stanley clean bill of health in Covid testing :)

:)

lets hope lincoln are the same.;)

MikeA 11-01-2021 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1249004)

No! ;)

VALAIRIAN 11-01-2021 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249006)

:yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm

monkey hanger 12-01-2021 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1249006)

think they,d be ok. its joined up writing they have not mastered yet.

andyd 12-01-2021 15:58

Grimsby town become the first club to be found guilty of breaking Covid protocols and rules they have admitted guilt and have been handed a suspended fine. Among rules broken it has been reported were not keeping to social distancing measures at the training ground, car sharing and playing darts in a Ian Holloway training tout.

VALAIRIAN 12-01-2021 16:00

X2 Brentford games off :(

choirboy 12-01-2021 16:12

:rolleyes:

choirboy 12-01-2021 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1249019)
think they,d be ok. its joined up writing they have not mastered yet.

Irony at its best!:D

VALAIRIAN 13-01-2021 19:56

Southampton's game against Leeds postponed, so they can play F.A. Cup game against Shrews.....

VALAIRIAN 13-01-2021 19:57

Sheffield Wednesday's games off too.............

andyd 14-01-2021 13:46

Carlisle United next 3 games off Covid.

andyd 15-01-2021 08:31

Wycombe,s next game off Covid

andyd 16-01-2021 07:46

Scottish F.A., have written to all thier Championship clubs asking in the current environment if they wish to play on or finish season now, I personally had to go to Royal Blackburn Hospital yesterday and it,s grim A and E apparently was squeaking at the seams and a report this morning says beds are unavailable wow sorry but football is way down on a lot of the public,s priority,s.

monkey hanger 16-01-2021 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249159)
sorry but football is way down on a lot of the public,s priority,s.

its only bit of priority is for its fans itself. the majority of the population either have little interest or no interest in the game. i personally would hate to see football being cancelled but then i could not care less if foreign holidays are cancelled and pubs never open again, apart from those who lose their livelihoods due to it.

andyd 16-01-2021 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1249162)
its only bit of priority is for its fans itself. the majority of the population either have little interest or no interest in the game. i personally would hate to see football being cancelled but then i could not care less if foreign holidays are cancelled and pubs never open again, apart from those who lose their livelihoods due to it.

Precicily the point some folk are saying one rule for some etc,etc.

andyd 19-01-2021 07:56

Entire National league season under threat as the second installment of grant money promised when they started as been changed by the government to loans 75% of clubs want season to finish now big meeting tomorrow hopefully trying to get government to change it's mind, if it does finish a lot of clubs saying non league will change beyond recognition.

monkey hanger 19-01-2021 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249317)
Entire National league season under threat as the second installment of grant money promised when they started as been changed by the government to loans 75% of clubs want season to finish now big meeting tomorrow hopefully trying to get government to change it's mind, if it does finish a lot of clubs saying non league will change beyond recognition.

it actually might be a good idea in the non league structure did change. there will always be bigger clubs in any league but the difference in the national league of clubs like notts and stockport counties, wrexham, chesterfield and hartlepool in comparison to weymouth and wealdstone is the biggest in any league in this country. a regionalised div.2 to incorporate these teams would be a better way and the traditional non leaguers having their own leagues that may eventually go back part time as they used to be.

Chimer 19-01-2021 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1249319)
it actually might be a good idea in the non league structure did change. there will always be bigger clubs in any league but the difference in the national league of clubs like notts and stockport counties, wrexham, chesterfield and hartlepool in comparison to weymouth and wealdstone is the biggest in any league in this country. a regionalised div.2 to incorporate these teams would be a better way and the traditional non leaguers having their own leagues that may eventually go back part time as they used to be.

Are you saying let the clubs that were once league clubs and are doing sort of all right just now back into an extended EFL and then permanently raise the drawbridge? And while we're at it, shouldn't we throw out the "traditional non-leaguers" that happen to be in the EFL at the moment? Which would include Fleetwood, Burton and most of the clubs currently near the top of League 2 - oh, and probably us given where we were for forty-odd years?

monkey hanger 20-01-2021 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1249323)
Are you saying let the clubs that were once league clubs and are doing sort of all right just now back into an extended EFL and then permanently raise the drawbridge? And while we're at it, shouldn't we throw out the "traditional non-leaguers" that happen to be in the EFL at the moment? Which would include Fleetwood, Burton and most of the clubs currently near the top of League 2 - oh, and probably us given where we were for forty-odd years?

so many of these what i call traditional non league clubs will never have a decent fan base and are being bankrolled by some individual just to compete with the bigger ex league clubs. the non league system allows this. actually one day a club will fluke promotion without a ground or fanbase to really allow em to suceed in the league. would macclesfield even without their owner problems still have existed if they had not gained that promotion a few years back. just wonder how many fans would flock to fleetwood if they got relegated and were struggling in div.2. lot less that stanley i think.

Chimer 20-01-2021 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1249389)
so many of these what i call traditional non league clubs will never have a decent fan base and are being bankrolled by some individual just to compete with the bigger ex league clubs. the non league system allows this. actually one day a club will fluke promotion without a ground or fanbase to really allow em to suceed in the league. would macclesfield even without their owner problems still have existed if they had not gained that promotion a few years back. just wonder how many fans would flock to fleetwood if they got relegated and were struggling in div.2. lot less that stanley i think.

Isn't that exactly how unkind people would have described us when we were hanging on by our fingernails to a League 2 place and just about keeping our gates above 1000, only a few years ago?

And wouldn't you have called Oxford, Wimbledon and Wigan "traditional non-league clubs" just a few years before they started climbs that led to the (proper) First Division / Premiership and assorted Cup Finals?

monkey hanger 21-01-2021 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1249405)
Isn't that exactly how unkind people would have described us when we were hanging on by our fingernails to a League 2 place and just about keeping our gates above 1000, only a few years ago?

And wouldn't you have called Oxford, Wimbledon and Wigan "traditional non-league clubs" just a few years before they started climbs that led to the (proper) First Division / Premiership and assorted Cup Finals?

think we could all pick and mix for our points of view. stanleys few poor seasons are nothing compared to our friends at spotland whose gates and performances in the late 70,s right up past the mid 80,s were far worse than stanleys. if they had gone then i doubt they would have survived but certainly improved as a club over time. think wimbledon were really the beacon of the non league success story. wigan should have been voted into the league years before they were but i,ll refain on comment about oxford.

andyd 21-01-2021 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249317)

Getting messy in National league,s some clubs saying they aren't going to play on as it's pointless wasting any more money, and with comments about pubs and restaurants probably remaining shut until May at the earliest fans won't be back so no income can't blame them majority have voted for options 2 or 3 which are turn the loans into grants or null and void season.

andyd 22-01-2021 12:16

National league's North and South suspended for 2 weeks.

VALAIRIAN 22-01-2021 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1249444)
National league's North and South suspended for 2 weeks.

A bit about it here :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55767999

andyd 24-01-2021 09:02

Bit of a reality check from Cheltenham manager Michael Duff the club will be here next year largely down to this cup- tie.

VALAIRIAN 05-03-2021 14:09

First time this has happened in a while - unless I have missed it??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56219571

Just hope that this will not be the start of another round..................................

andyd 05-03-2021 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1251180)
First time this has happened in a while - unless I have missed it??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56219571

Just hope that this will not be the start of another round..................................

Hopefully the beginning of the end and back watching live in August.

Crown Grounder 05-03-2021 16:22

Let's hope so Andyd....but I'm afraid it all depends what happens when we get the third wave. After a summer of partying and holidays, I think we'll find a new clampdown is needed in the autumn.......if only to deal with the new variants of Covid....

cashman 05-03-2021 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1251186)
Let's hope so Andyd....but I'm afraid it all depends what happens when we get the third wave. After a summer of partying and holidays, I think we'll find a new clampdown is needed in the autumn.......if only to deal with the new variants of Covid....

if we do its down to idiots and knobheads, we are actually getting on top of it now.

AccyMad 05-03-2021 19:42

When all the schools go back en masse next week it'll kick start another massive spike, just as it did in September. There should have been a phased return - anything else is madness

monkey hanger 06-03-2021 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1251197)
When all the schools go back en masse next week it'll kick start another massive spike, just as it did in September. There should have been a phased return - anything else is madness

they need to get the kids back to school. its a price we need to take if we are ever going to get back to normal. kids at home permanently is not normal. more madness is allowing people in and out of the country just for something that really is not a necessity a foreign holiday. that includes them coming here also.

andyd 06-03-2021 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1251209)
they need to get the kids back to school. its a price we need to take if we are ever going to get back to normal. kids at home permanently is not normal. more madness is allowing people in and out of the country just for something that really is not a necessity a foreign holiday. that includes them coming here also.

Kids back at school is a necessity before they become feral your entire future not just educational but socially are shaped by your formative years especially with your peers at school and play, as for things like foreign holidays let's walk before we run every aspect of society has probably suffered some financial hit but gradually opening things is the way.

monkey hanger 06-03-2021 09:47

[QUOTE=andyd;1251211, as for things like foreign holidays let's walk before we run every aspect of society has probably suffered some financial hit but gradually opening things is the way.[/QUOTE]

for me all holidays are classed as a luxury people can do without anyway especially abroad. even pubs are more important as its a place you can meet people away from work. meeting people is important for the majority of us all and its not compulsory to get blind drunk in them. plus meeting inside and not outside like they promise. i still be cold and wet in may and stood around chatting with your rain or overcoat on is not ideal.

AccyMad 06-03-2021 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1251209)

I didn't say don't get them back in, just not all at the same time as we are doing - staggering their returns would have helped to stem the floodgates from opening

cashman 06-03-2021 11:22

wait and see im sure yer wrong.

andyd 07-03-2021 16:31

Rangers have won the Scottish title big deal good for them but does it really excuse the need for thousands to gather ," celebrating " so risking lockdown exit on time sorry absolutely no excuses.

monkey hanger 08-03-2021 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1251305)
Rangers have won the Scottish title big deal good for them but does it really excuse the need for thousands to gather ," celebrating " so risking lockdown exit on time sorry absolutely no excuses.

just find stuff like that really pointless and only gives ammunition for the governments to keep their restrictions on us even longer. its going to happen in manchester anyway shortly unless city make a mess of it. if you could attend live it would be a far different matter but we/they cannot so why do people do it.

andyd 08-03-2021 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1251315)
just find stuff like that really pointless and only gives ammunition for the governments to keep their restrictions on us even longer. its going to happen in manchester anyway shortly unless city make a mess of it. if you could attend live it would be a far different matter but we/they cannot so why do people do it.

Basically in my opinion they are brain-dead selfish barstewards.

VALAIRIAN 10-05-2021 16:47

Just a pity that they could not have delayed the end of the season for the lower leagues..................... :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/57062288

Might have been the one and only time that we were able to see some players play in the flesh.......

andyd 14-06-2021 07:38

With the likelihood of the news being today of a further month before all restrictions are lifted, and then there are no guarantees it takes us to just 2 weeks before the new season. Wonder what the stance will be now on when season tickets will go on sale, it doesn't leave anyone much time.

pifco 14-06-2021 08:17

Was thinking the same andy and I presume that there will be a great deal of wondering over what to do about season tickets and when to do it by those in charge at the ground.

cashman 14-06-2021 08:34

i wont be wondering mate 2 weeks or not, soon as they are available im getting mine.

monkey hanger 14-06-2021 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1254539)
i wont be wondering mate 2 weeks or not, soon as they are available im getting mine.

you might as well get one if you are going to most if not all games. the worst thing that can happen is that next season will be like the last and the club would refund you anyway if you wish. there is no reason for the club or anyone to delay stuff no matter what johnson says today or in a months time.

cashman 14-06-2021 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1254540)
you might as well get one if you are going to most if not all games. the worst thing that can happen is that next season will be like the last and the club would refund you anyway if you wish. there is no reason for the club or anyone to delay stuff no matter what johnson says today or in a months time.

i reckon it will be when the fixtures are out?

andyd 14-06-2021 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1254540)

Tweeted Andy Holt the same question this morning he came back with an answer straight away, saying he hopes that the delay and more vaccination will allow crowds back for the start. Hopefully he says the Ifollow option will be there so worst outcome it would be " free " to ticket holders, but he did say that when they do go on sale it will be made clear that it will be your choice to purchase as there will be no refund,s in the future, fair enough that but it quite obvious to me that nobody at football is sure we're we will stand on August 7th on capacity,s, or away fans.

cashman 14-06-2021 12:32

one thing is sure the E.F.L. wont even know it is Monday.:rolleyes:

monkey hanger 15-06-2021 10:08

[QUOTE=andyd; that but it quite obvious to me that nobody at football is sure we're we will stand on August 7th on capacity,s, or away fans.[/QUOTE]

doubt anyone in the government knows either. the worst thing that would happen would be the present reduced capacity scheme thats being used in the national league at the moment. went to the stockport v hartlepool game last sunday where the crowd was limited to 2,700 for somewhere with a 10,000 capacity. doubt that will be reduced but possibly increased at the outset without away fans.

monkey hanger 15-06-2021 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1254549)
one thing is sure the E.F.L. wont even know it is Monday.:rolleyes:

doubt they,d be able to phone a friend. they wont have one.

VALAIRIAN 21-06-2021 10:31

Latest on FANs returning...............

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...-fans-to-wham/

andyd 21-06-2021 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1254747)
Latest on FANs returning...............

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...-fans-to-wham/

Just get fans back in, Sootland had an estimated 20000+ fans in London without tickets for the game or the official fan zones, although against advice now that big proportion,s of the population have been jabbed and by July 19th every adult above 18 should have at least one dose there should be no more delay,s, or what,s the point of vaccines.

cashman 21-06-2021 11:18

i fail to see anything wrong with fans in as long as they are distanced.

VALAIRIAN 21-06-2021 11:38

Agree mate, in a ground like ours, with the small number of home supporters especially :confused: :)

monkey hanger 22-06-2021 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1254750)
i fail to see anything wrong with fans in as long as they are distanced.

thereby comes another question. there seems to be groups of fans together then wide open spaces in the same stands. is this done on purpose or are fans just ignoring their seat numbers to sit together. had a fall out in the only live game i saw the other week where someone was sat in my seat and the ones around it. wether you agree with these restrictions or not if you are not willing to abide by em then they should stay away.

Crown Grounder 22-06-2021 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1254776)
thereby comes another question. there seems to be groups of fans together then wide open spaces in the same stands. is this done on purpose or are fans just ignoring their seat numbers to sit together. had a fall out in the only live game i saw the other week where someone was sat in my seat and the ones around it. wether you agree with these restrictions or not if you are not willing to abide by em then they should stay away.

Maybe the groups of fans sat together are a family group. So no need to sit separatly? Just a thought? That 's what I assumed....

monkey hanger 23-06-2021 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1254796)
Maybe the groups of fans sat together are a family group. So no need to sit separatly? Just a thought? That 's what I assumed....

could be right, therefore why can,t they sell distanced tickets in the gaps after the initial ticket sales have been done. they will know where everyone will be seated by then. its the easy way out for them just having a certain percentage of fans being present or a strict ground limit.

VALAIRIAN 18-07-2021 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255281)
Oh dear entire Sheffield United first team to isolate for 10 days after 2 players picked up the virus on a preseason tour of Spain the 2 affected have been left in Spain the rest in isolation will have to train alone at home, bad news on the eve of the new season can see lots of interuptions especially at the start then hopefully settle down.

I would have thought that after 16th August things will be better.

Most Clubs will ensure that all their staff have both jabs, so self isolation will not be required :)

monkey hanger 18-07-2021 09:59

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1255284]I would have thought that after 16th August things will be better.

Most Clubs will ensure that all their staff have both jabs, so self isolation will not be required :)

yes, but will players who have contracted the virus even a minor one will be unable to be selected even if they are tested negative until a certain period of time as elapsed. a bit like the one with a head injury with possible concussion. if so then teams may be at a disadvantage from day 1.

Chimer 18-07-2021 11:38

Well let's hope they minimise the risk by behaving sensibly :rolleyes:. Although with Bob dead, I suspect the only remaining Hope is Faint :mad:.

monkey hanger 19-07-2021 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1255286)
Well let's hope they minimise the risk by behaving sensibly :rolleyes:. Although with Bob dead, I suspect the only remaining Hope is Faint :mad:.

calming down the pre rehearst goal celebrations would be an idea. cannot see how scoring is more exciting now for players than it was years ago.

andyd 19-07-2021 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1255298)
calming down the pre rehearst goal celebrations would be an idea. cannot see how scoring is more exciting now for players than it was years ago.

Good point in a 5 / 5 draw 10 minutes could be taken of the 90.

monkey hanger 19-07-2021 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255304)
Good point in a 5 / 5 draw 10 minutes could be taken of the 90.

that rubbish as well as badge kissing, wrestling for the ball after getting a goal back and running to the half way line to pop it on the spot are stuff i could do without. as if the opposition are going to rush the start for the latter.

andyd 19-07-2021 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1255308)
that rubbish as well as badge kissing, wrestling for the ball after getting a goal back and running to the half way line to pop it on the spot are stuff i could do without. as if the opposition are going to rush the start for the latter.

Agree a lot is to do with no respect for the official,s unlike in rugby for instance, celebrate a goal by all means but as quickly as possible as for the other things clamp down on them, carding would be a start instead of stupid rules like the late raising of linesman flag at offside,s.

Lord Stiffupperlip 19-07-2021 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255310)
Agree a lot is to do with no respect for the official,s unlike in rugby for instance, celebrate a goal by all means but as quickly as possible as for the other things clamp down on them, carding would be a start instead of stupid rules like the late raising of linesman flag at offside,s.

I'd like to know which bright-spark came up with this insane interpretation of the offside rule, ie; allowing play to continue before penalising the offence.
Even if offside within inches of the half-way line, officials allow play to proceed, often resulting in goals being scored & then disallowed. Absolute madness!
Any offside should be flagged immediately at the point of offence to avoid wasted play. How can the linesman remember exactly where the offence occurred if play is allowed to continue?
The other joke has been adapted from the 'all of the ball must be over the line' goal scenario to permitting players to place balls outside the quadrant when taking corners.
Seems that 'all of the ball is within the quadrant if 1mm of the ball is 'touching' the outer edge of the quadrant'.
This fad has resulted in players taking liberties with corner kicks - especially when the linesman is on the opposite side of the field.
Why bother marking quadrants when they're now simply ignored.

andyd 20-07-2021 07:07

Blackpool apparently cancelling friendly with Rangers due to out break at club, Sheffield United effectively shut down, by season start everyone should be virtually vaccinated decisions needed now on the need for all this routine testing and isolating if your pinged on the app which most people are ditching anyway can you blame them. Boris announced nightclubs can open then shortly after said they will probably be super spreader events and in the future you will need vaccination passports for entry, hang on to your hats it's going to be a roller coaster next few weeks into the new season expect nothing to be straightforward.