Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Covid and Fixtures (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/covid-and-fixtures-71446.html)

monkey hanger 20-07-2021 08:33

Re: Covid and Fixtures

[QUOTE=Lord Stiffupperlip;1255326]I'd like to know which bright-spark came up with this insane interpretation of the offside rule, ie; allowing play to continue before penalising the offence.

then what is the refs correct decision if this player gets hacked down by a defender on the way to the goal. send that player off or bring it back when the linesman eventually decides to flag for the correct offside decision. just another sodding minefield thats bound to happen for players and officials. to cut a long story short that happened to me in my first ever cup final. i gave the offside and just a quick word to the defender and no more. i got away with it but still not sure if what i did was totally correct.

andyd 20-07-2021 08:47

Could be a sign of things to come Ipswich just announced their 2 friendly,s against Millwall and Palace you will need if over 11years old proof of negative flow test no later than 48 hours previous to game, or proof of full vaccination second dose at least 14 days prior to game.

Exile on Spencer St 20-07-2021 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip (Post 1255326)
I'd like to know which bright-spark came up with this insane interpretation of the offside rule, ie; allowing play to continue before penalising the

I read somewhere that it was in response to VAR. If a player goes on to score, they check offside on VAR anyway. If linesmen erroneously flag for off side and a goal chance is thwarted, they get criticised by the armchair fans and TV pundits.
But that doesn’t explain why the old rule (the on-field officials’ decision) doesn’t still apply where there is no VAR (90% of games?) or when it’s just over the half way line.

Seems that 'all of the ball is within the quadrant if 1mm of the ball is 'touching' the outer edge of the quadrant'.

In footie, that’s the rules. The lines are ‘in play’ and all of the ball must cross it to be out of play. So, the reverse applies - having a tiny slice of the ball over the very edge of the quadrant puts it in play.
In rugby the line is out of play. Step on it and that’s in touch.
Hard enough taking a corner at some grounds without having to place the ball right next to the corner flag.

monkey hanger 21-07-2021 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1255337)
In footie, that’s the rules. The lines are ‘in play’ and all of the ball must cross it to be out of play. So, the reverse applies - having a tiny slice of the ball over the very edge of the quadrant puts it in play.
In rugby the line is out of play. Step on it and that’s in touch.
Hard enough taking a corner at some grounds without having to place the ball right next to the corner flag.

pity football does not follow rugby where the line makes it out of play instead of the whole ball needing to be out of play before the game is stopped. would make the linesmans job far easier as its near on impossible in real time to see if the ball in completely over the line when its close to it.

Exile on Spencer St 21-07-2021 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1255350)
pity football does not follow rugby where the line makes it out of play instead of the whole ball needing to be out of play before the game is stopped. would make the linesmans job far easier as its near on impossible in real time to see if the ball in completely over the line when its close to it.

I agree, MH, it would be easier for linesmen just for throw-ins.
But, if the line is out of play, where, as his Lordship raised, would you put the ball for a corner? It would need an even bigger quadrant, within which the entire ball would fit without touching any line, or a spot like the penalty.

Tennis is the same, the lines are ‘in’ and minutes in most games are now spent waiting for Hawkeye to do the lines-person’s impossible job.

monkey hanger 21-07-2021 10:38

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1255355]I agree, MH, it would be easier for linesmen just for throw-ins.
But, if the line is out of play, where, as his Lordship raised, would you put the ball for a corner? It would need an even bigger quadrant, within which the entire ball would fit without touching any line,

easy. as long as the ball does not physically touch the line then its fair. the quadrant size could remain the same. the penalty spot could actually be a circle a bit larger than the penalty spot. would help in parks football as at some paces its an impossibility to place it on the spot as its in a hole making taking it a near impossibility if the ref demands the player to put it on the spot itself.

ferret man 21-07-2021 19:39

I would like to see another quad drawn 10 yards from the corner flag so the players know where to stand, another change would be that the Ref has a string 3 foot (1yard) with a loop at each end and puts one on each leg when striding out free kicks.

MikeA 21-07-2021 22:14

There's already a provision to make a mark 10 yards from the corner flag on both the goal line and touchline. I'm not sure when this is done, though.
https://www.thefa.com/football-rules...-field-of-play

I've often wondered why referees' paces are always exactly one yard. Surely there are some who need 11 paces to cover 10 yards. :confused:

andyd 22-07-2021 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1255372)
There's already a provision to make a mark 10 yards from the corner flag on both the goal line and touchline. I'm not sure when this is done, though.
https://www.thefa.com/football-rules...-field-of-play

I've often wondered why referees' paces are always exactly one yard. Surely there are some who need 11 paces to cover 10 yards. :confused:

All sorts of wrist waring device,s that measures distances spot on why not introduce these for refs no arguments then or is that to simple for the rule makers.

monkey hanger 22-07-2021 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1255372)

its done because of the crowd and players. when i started i measured out 10 yards in the garden. being quite tall that equated to 9 paces. made em a bit shorter to do it in 10. little blokes will probebly do the opposite. marking out more or less than 10 gives players and fans something else to gripe about.

andyd 23-07-2021 08:12

Getting a bit confusing already regarding next season and Covid, in a bid to avoid any more interuptions players and staff by October 1st will have to be double jabbed and supporters including season ticket holders will also have to prove they are double jabbed from the same date negative test no longer good enough. Not sure about medically excempt but surely there will be some youngsters who haven't been done talk about confusion yet again.

monkey hanger 23-07-2021 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255392)
Getting a bit confusing already regarding next season and Covid, in a bid to avoid any more interuptions players and staff by October 1st will have to be double jabbed and supporters including season ticket holders will also have to prove they are double jabbed from the same date negative test no longer good enough. Not sure about medically excempt but surely there will be some youngsters who haven't been done talk about confusion yet again.

where did you get that information from regarding spectators. have not seen anything myself in black and white about fans having to get double jabbed. if you are right we,ll have to get a move on to get it done if we want to go to games. if i,m asked i,ll certainly let em know the reason that i,ve been forced into the action i have to take.

Exile on Spencer St 23-07-2021 10:23

“Getting” a bit confused!?
A few months ago, Johnson and Zahawi categorically ruled out Vaccine Passes, for the next few months we don’t need them, but suddenly, come September, they will be required.
Almost seems that constant confusion is part of the plan?

andyd 23-07-2021 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1255395)
“Getting” a bit confused!?
A few months ago, Johnson and Zahawi categorically ruled out Vaccine Passes, for the next few months we don’t need them, but suddenly, come September, they will be required.
Almost seems that constant confusion is part of the plan?

Don't think Andy Holt ,s very happy either along with most of the population, some people for whatever reason may choose not to be vaccinated free country their personal choice, but if at various clubs they have now purchased season tickets again the government,s approach is scandalous. Not just football but swathes of activities will be affected financial nightmares brought about by a ludricous decision made.

cashman 23-07-2021 12:49

has it been made yet?

andyd 23-07-2021 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1255398)
has it been made yet?

With this lot Cashy anyone,s guess I,ll do a bit of digging see what I can find.

Twenty Eight 23-07-2021 13:58

Dangerous to make assumptions on rumour and innuendo.
When there's an official announcement that's when to react.
However I thought out door events weren't going to face this it was targeted at indoor events like nightclubs ?

andyd 23-07-2021 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1255401)
Dangerous to make assumptions on rumour and innuendo.
When there's an official announcement that's when to react.
However I thought out door events weren't going to face this it was targeted at indoor events like nightclubs ?

Nightclubs definitely have to have Covid vacc passport starting September, after allowing them to reopen and two days later announcing they are super spreader areas, if vaccination is a personal choice has it currently his how can you then insist on any kind of proof of pass to anything in a so called free society, my point isn't about rumours it is my point the government are a bit like the EFL make rules up to suit themselves after the horse has long since galloped then don't stick to them or treat certain rule breakers diffrently.

Twenty Eight 23-07-2021 16:36

"Getting a bit confusing already regarding next season and Covid, in a bid to avoid any more interuptions players and staff by October 1st will have to be double jabbed and supporters including season ticket holders will also have to prove they are double jabbed from the same date negative test no longer good enough. Not sure about medically excempt but surely there will be some youngsters who haven't been done talk about confusion yet again"

Well I read that as you quoting an official mantra - so its just your opinion ?

andyd 23-07-2021 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1255404)
"Getting a bit confusing already regarding next season and Covid, in a bid to avoid any more interuptions players and staff by October 1st will have to be double jabbed and supporters including season ticket holders will also have to prove they are double jabbed from the same date negative test no longer good enough. Not sure about medically excempt but surely there will be some youngsters who haven't been done talk about confusion yet again"

Well I read that as you quoting an official mantra - so its just your opinion ?

No I read it on a football related papers website I promised Cashy I do a bit more digging but I haven't had chance yet so no it's not my opinion has I personally think it's a stupid suggestion, I suggest you do a bit of research yourself before suggesting I am stirring the pot.

Exile on Spencer St 23-07-2021 18:03

If you look there are plenty of articles about Johnson’s equivocation about where his Jab Pass will be enforced.
Here’s one..
https://dailysceptic.org/2021/07/20/...tball-grounds/

Others suggest it may apply to capacities over 16,000 but who knows. Certainly not any politicians.

Crown Grounder 23-07-2021 18:16

Anyone who isn't double jabbed by now needs their head examining. Unless they can't have the vaccine on a doctors advice. Personal freedom......rubbish....Everyone must be double jabbed and get any recommended boosters this autumn. Do I make myself clear!

:hidewall:

Chewbacca 23-07-2021 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1255408)
Anyone who isn't double jabbed by now needs their head examining. Unless they can't have the vaccine on a doctors advice. Personal freedom......rubbish....Everyone must be double jabbed and get any recommended boosters this autumn. Do I make myself clear!

Half the population would not have had the chance for the 2nd jab yet.

cashman 23-07-2021 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chewbacca (Post 1255411)
Half the population would not have had the chance for the 2nd jab yet.

how so? there are 36 million had 2 jabs

DaveinGermany 23-07-2021 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1255408)
Personal freedom......rubbish....Everyone must be double jabbed and get any recommended boosters this autumn. Do I make myself clear!

*Disclaimer notice!!*

The above was a party political broadcast on behalf of the (apply party of choice) party ......... And bears no reference to the views or opinions of the site owners!!!

Twenty Eight 23-07-2021 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255406)
No I read it on a football related papers website I promised Cashy I do a bit more digging but I haven't had chance yet so no it's not my opinion has I personally think it's a stupid suggestion, I suggest you do a bit of research yourself before suggesting I am stirring the pot.

I'm not interested in research too much nonsense out there.
I didn't put it you did !
Your post says double jabs a necessity by 1 October !!

NORTHERNSOUL 23-07-2021 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1255415)
I'm not interested in research too much nonsense out there.
I didn't put it you did !
Your post says double jabs a necessity by 1 October !!

Its been posted on lots of sites so there's definitely something behind it

But I think its all part of a plan to start mopping up that last 15% who haven't had a jab yet.

The rumour is now that they're going to say no Jabs no Uni next as that will catch a lot of them personally i.d just pay all the 18 to 30..s 300 quid each to have the jabs and it would cost a damm site less than another lockdown and if they got all the students jabbed it would surely take us pretty close to the Herd Immunity figure.

But what I don't get with all these ping alerts why don't companies just ban employees from bringing their mobiles into work no mobiles no pings although god knows what for the life of me why anybody would have downloaded the app in the first place.

Although i.m a great believer in personal freedoms i find myself on the other side on this one if I had my way i.d shut life down for anybody who hasn't had their jabs as I see that as the fastest way to get enough of the remainder jabbed to achieve that immunity and let the rest of us get back to the footy and the rest of our lives.

Chewbacca 24-07-2021 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1255412)
how so? there are 36 million had 2 jabs

I got nothing until late March and I am well over the average age of 40, I booked first jab in May and 2nd on 1st August when the slots would allow me to.

monkey hanger 24-07-2021 08:45

its not a question about vaccinations or wether to have them or not. we need some form of clarity and not just about football where we need double jabs for. its typical johnson being vague again getting people adding 2 and 2 again and coming out with a diane abbott answer. back to football and stanley. andy holt said that there would be no season ticket money refunded this season. what happens if this did come in. there will be fans who will not, cannot be jabbed.

monkey hanger 24-07-2021 08:49

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1255417]

But what I don't get with all these ping alerts why don't companies just ban employees from bringing their mobiles into work no mobiles no pings although god knows what for the life of me why anybody would have downloaded the app in the first place.

asking some to leave their mobiles at home before they come to work is akin to asking em to have their leg amputated before they can start. can imagine also that some will download anything if its available if they are interested or not. just glad i,m a luddite.

DaveinGermany 25-07-2021 09:43

In the papers today

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/14...hnson-news-ont

monkey hanger 25-07-2021 09:54

again its answers that we need now. better him saying nothing than being vague about what a large gathering could actually be. places of worship are large gatherings in some religeons but i doubt they,ll end up being affected by his regulations. i do not need to spell things out on this unlike johnson does about his initial vaccine restrictions does.

andyd 25-07-2021 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1255443)
again its answers that we need now. better him saying nothing than being vague about what a large gathering could actually be. places of worship are large gatherings in some religeons but i doubt they,ll end up being affected by his regulations. i do not need to spell things out on this unlike johnson does about his initial vaccine restrictions does.

Couldn't run a **** up in Stanley,s beer tent😁

cashman 25-07-2021 11:33

thing is they are taking much advice from SAGE who are a complete waste of space in my view, no mp knows much about what to do whatever party they belong to, i reckon people forget that.

andyd 25-07-2021 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1255453)
thing is they are taking much advice from SAGE who are a complete waste of space in my view, no mp knows much about what to do whatever party they belong to, i reckon people forget that.

SAGE good at making rice pudding aren't they.

Exile on Spencer St 25-07-2021 13:46

I doubt many of the ivory tower academics on Sage have ever been to a game, so why should they bother if clubs go bankrupt. And the card carrying Communists on Sage probable are happy to ruin all private businesses (but not their own cosy little tenures paid for by our taxes and students’ fees).

andyd 25-07-2021 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1255458)
I doubt many of the ivory tower academics on Sage have ever been to a game, so why should they bother if clubs go bankrupt. And the card carrying Communists on Sage probable are happy to ruin all private businesses (but not their own cosy little tenures paid for by our taxes and students’ fees).

Spot on left wing idiots have contributed to a lot of what's gone wrong in all walks of our society.

cashman 25-07-2021 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255454)
SAGE good at making rice pudding aren't they.

doubt if the useless gits could even do that.

Twenty Eight 25-07-2021 17:47

Being insular and reading the $%^& that many of our tabloids print isn't this a rumour for stadiums with 20k plus capacity ?
1/ Let's await the official mantra.
2/ If true laugh out loud and be guaranteed watching all of our home games and only miss a few away.
By the way I'm double vaxed anyway.

andyd 26-07-2021 07:24

This could be an interesting one even Andy Holt has commented on it already this morning on twitter, the government are wanting the Premier league and EFL to have vaccines double jabbed mandatory written into players contracts. The PFA are gearing themselves up for a challenge because this is wanted before October, because a lot of Covid bubbles at football have or are being relaxed and majority of players are youngsters. The argument being with increased mixing with restrictions dropped unvaccinated players will catch the virus thus leading to possible serious disruption of fixtures which they are desperate to avoid. Difficult one because yet again in a free society can one be forced if refusing they lose their job contract or not.

Exile on Spencer St 26-07-2021 08:26

So Savid Javid, who has had his jabs, could have gone to a match before he realised he’d caught a dose (or even afterwards, if he didn’t tell anyone).
But someone who has immunity from having had the Covid flu, or isn’t jabbed or fully jabbed, but would test negative, can’t.
This isn’t science, it’s something else.

monkey hanger 26-07-2021 09:01

it never was science in the first place. there has been plenty of things brought in and attempted to be brought in during the last 18 months that have sod all to do with covid or any science whatsoever.

monkey hanger 26-07-2021 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1255469)
This could be an interesting one even Andy Holt has commented on it already this morning on twitter, the government are wanting the Premier league and EFL to have vaccines double jabbed mandatory written into players contracts. The PFA are gearing themselves up for a challenge because this is wanted before October, because a lot of Covid bubbles at football have or are being relaxed and majority of players are youngsters. The argument being with increased mixing with restrictions dropped unvaccinated players will catch the virus thus leading to possible serious disruption of fixtures which they are desperate to avoid. Difficult one because yet again in a free society can one be forced if refusing they lose their job contract or not.

the thing is that all football players are young. they are in a safe catogary for serious illness. all this isolation they are forced to do if they even have a mild case which will be the majority of cases does not help the matter. there is bound to be a PFA legal challenge by any change of a players contract without the players permission. the same will happen outside the game when or if this happens. its football we are on about not healthcare or care home workers.

Chimer 26-07-2021 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1255472)
the thing is that all football players are young. they are in a safe catogary for serious illness. all this isolation they are forced to do if they even have a mild case which will be the majority of cases does not help the matter. there is bound to be a PFA legal challenge by any change of a players contract without the players permission. the same will happen outside the game when or if this happens. its football we are on about not healthcare or care home workers.

So young footballers probably won't die of Covid. But they may visit their grannies occasionally while unknowingly carrying the bug, and the grannies might catch it and die, even if vaccinated. Happy about that?

ferret man 26-07-2021 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1255483)
So young footballers probably won't die of Covid. But they may visit their grannies occasionally while unknowingly carrying the bug, and the grannies might catch it and die, even if vaccinated. Happy about that?

No but Boris would be

cashman 26-07-2021 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1255484)
No but Boris would be

load of rubbish

Mr T 26-07-2021 18:22

Quote:

Chimer your so spot on!!

We've got this exact issue at Accy;

Lads with who are assymtamatic have infected (insocently) see loved ones and other lads have young children
Plus if ur "double jabbed" by mis August no need to isolate if you've had a close contact of a "positive" contact.
I'll be fine; never been "positive" :p

monkey hanger 27-07-2021 09:30

Quote:

thats the total worse case that can happen though. people cannot live their lives thinking that all the time. there is no guarentee that you can pass the virus on killing someone even if you are positive. everyone who is in contact with the public would have had the thing anyway by now if that was the case. you have to be really unlucky to catch it anyway and if you do you have over 99 per cent chance of recovery. better chance than you,d get from a cancer or a serious heart attack or pneumonia.

Twenty Eight 27-07-2021 09:47

It's a minefield isn't it ?
My step son is 28. He refused the vax without any real basis than listening and reading social media.
He got covid. Recovered within 10 days but poorly all the same.
7 days later rushed into hospital with severe pneumonia and blood clots on his lung.
We finally got him home from hospital last night after a frantic period of worry and he's still a way to go.
Are the events coincidental or a consequence ?
I don't know.
He can't have the vax for at least six weeks now so in my eyes "vulnerable".
I'm double vaxed and glad to be.
What I witnessed on that ward I never want to see again.

cashman 27-07-2021 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1255503)
It's a minefield isn't it ?
My step son is 28. He refused the vax without any real basis than listening and reading social media.
He got covid. Recovered within 10 days but poorly all the same.
7 days later rushed into hospital with severe pneumonia and blood clots on his lung.
We finally got him home from hospital last night after a frantic period of worry and he's still a way to go.
Are the events coincidental or a consequence ?
I don't know.
He can't have the vax for at least six weeks now so in my eyes "vulnerable".
I'm double vaxed and glad to be.
What I witnessed on that ward I never want to see again.

hope he recovers soon and no long covid,

NORTHERNSOUL 27-07-2021 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1255492)
Chimer your so spot on!!

We've got this exact issue at Accy;

Lads with who are assymtamatic have infected (insocently) see loved ones and other lads have young children
Plus if ur "double jabbed" by mis August no need to isolate if you've had a close contact of a "positive" contact.
I'll be fine; never been "positive" :p

Is it not correct that even under current standard contacts clubs can almost insist on players having the jab if the head of medical decided that's what he wanted to do and the PFA are only using the ramifications from the Hull City/ Barnsley court case to try and drive a hole in that ? to suit their own agenda.

I fail to see how vaccinating a clubs whole staff inc the players could be seen as anything but a good thing and would surely send the message to a lot of a clubs younger fans.

monkey hanger 28-07-2021 09:32

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;

I fail to see how vaccinating a clubs whole staff inc the players could be seen as anything but a good thing and would surely send the message to a lot of a clubs younger fans.[/QUOTE]

actually you might have hit on something there. younger fans are much more likely at all clubs to get themselves vaccinanated if players advertise the fact that they have been jabbed. they,ll take much more notice of that than anything the government do actually come out with.

Mr T 28-07-2021 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1255505)
Is it not correct that even under current standard contacts clubs can almost insist on players having the jab if the head of medical decided that's what he wanted to do and the PFA are only using the ramifications from the Hull City/ Barnsley court case to try and drive a hole in that ? to suit their own agenda.

I fail to see how vaccinating a clubs whole staff inc the players could be seen as anything but a good thing and would surely send the message to a lot of a clubs younger fans.

All sensible stuff and currently with lawyers in all areas.

EFL want it; PFA are aware of individual issues with very few players. Minor issue is NHS vaccination, testing all requires a "bit" of effort, it's not delivered directly to you. Bit of a culture shock to the modern player to have to do a bit of something different. They can all register for on line gaming and Instagrame etc but registering for a "jab" is "hardwork" :(

yonmon 28-07-2021 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1255504)
hope he recovers soon and no long covid,

Twentyeight !.. Allow me to echo Cashy's words.. and my hope is that the rest of your family stay safe and well..

The Red Darreners 29-07-2021 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1255505)

Absoilutely spot on.

NORTHERNSOUL 29-07-2021 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr T (Post 1255518)
All sensible stuff and currently with lawyers in all areas.

EFL want it; PFA are aware of individual issues with very few players. Minor issue is NHS vaccination, testing all requires a "bit" of effort, it's not delivered directly to you. Bit of a culture shock to the modern player to have to do a bit of something different. They can all register for on line gaming and Instagrame etc but registering for a "jab" is "hardwork" :(

Not as much effort as you might think

A mate of mine who owns a small business [ with 40 mainly u30-year-old staff ] collected his staff's medical details [NHS numbers etc ] and the following day stuck them on a coach and drove them 25 miles to one of the pop-up vaccination units [ I believe there was one similar located at Winfield's up till a couple of weeks ago ] and had all those who hadn't had one got their first jabs and a couple of others got their seconds and he.s told them he.ll be happy to repeat the exercise to get their second doses once their 8 weeks are up.

In my opinion, a great Public Relations opportunity to get a few pics of a clubs players getting their jabs and a few quotes saying why they think the under 30.s amongst their fans should do the same.

andyd 20-11-2021 10:54

Strikes again Wigan v Oxford called
off at 11.30am this morning due to a number of positive cases among the Oxford camp EFL sanctioned the decision.

VALAIRIAN 20-11-2021 10:56

Really thought we had seen the end of this :(

:)

andyd 20-11-2021 11:08

Apparently seven Oxford players had positive lateral flow tests this morning sadly long way from being over but being largely vaccinated has a population the serious illness side of it has been thankfully reduced.

VALAIRIAN 10-12-2021 17:43

Two Spurs games off, Norwich nervous about their game........... Going back two years in time... :(

:) :) :)

Exile on Spencer St 10-12-2021 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1260944)
Two Spurs games off, Norwich nervous about their game........... Going back two years in time... :(:) :) :)

Given their position, I imagine Norwich are nervous about every game.

mab 10-12-2021 18:23

🤔 I wonder if spurs will be hit with a covid fine like Stanley had 🤔

cashman 10-12-2021 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 1260949)
🤔 I wonder if spurs will be hit with a covid fine like Stanley had 🤔

WHY? they are premiership stanley are not.

VALAIRIAN 13-12-2021 03:55

Another off tonight.................

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59630050

andyd 13-12-2021 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1261080)
Another off tonight.................

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59630050

Will be quite a few more I,m afraid after last night's announcement on booster jabs before end of December for anyone over 18 it looks like they are going to let this one transmite without lockdowns bumby ride ahead stay safe every one.

monkey hanger 14-12-2021 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL (Post 1255523)

In my opinion, a great Public Relations opportunity to get a few pics of a clubs players getting their jabs and a few quotes saying why they think the under 30.s amongst their fans should do the same.

fine, but don,t you think there is enough propaganda going on at the moment without football clubs adding to it. even the thickest u 30 who lives in a cave would have heard about covid by now.

andyd 15-12-2021 07:58

Anyone over 18 planning to visit Hillsborough on Saturday be prepared to be asked for a COVID passport or proof of a negative test taken within 48 hours has there will be an extra ring off security before the turnstiles Saturday asking for people to turn up early some turnstiles open from 11-30am.

andyd 15-12-2021 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261185)
Anyone over 18 planning to visit Hillsborough on Saturday be prepared to be asked for a COVID passport or proof of a negative test taken within 48 hours has there will be an extra ring off security before the turnstiles Saturday asking for people to turn up early some turnstiles open from 11-30am.

Sorry turnstiles open from midday 11-45am for the security perimeter.

MikeA 15-12-2021 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261185)

To their credit, Wednesday have posted details of what's required on their website: https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/dec...ZyyjY.facebook

It's relatively straightforward if you follow the links, but allow enough time to do it. It helps to have your NHS number available, and bear in mind that emails with security codes may take a few minutes to arrive. Passports are only valid for 48 hours so don't apply too early.

monkey hanger 15-12-2021 08:13

hope it isn,t freezing then for any fool who is prepared to sit over 3 hours prior to kick off kust to watch a game. do not mind arriving early just to find a decent parking space but 30 minutes into a ground early is quite enough for me. another afternoon watching Final Score for me.

andyd 15-12-2021 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1261189)
hope it isn,t freezing then for any fool who is prepared to sit over 3 hours prior to kick off kust to watch a game. do not mind arriving early just to find a decent parking space but 30 minutes into a ground early is quite enough for me. another afternoon watching Final Score for me.

How,s it going to work at Old Trafford with 75000 people mingling around outside for hours don't think this has been thought through.

andyd 15-12-2021 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1261189)

Think it will put a few off going to be honest not everyone will be checked which makes it farcical to me but 3 hours before kick off a lot will still turn up last minute and miss half the game.

Exile on Spencer St 15-12-2021 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261191)
How,s it going to work….don't think this has been thought through.

Understatement of the year, Andyd.

cashman 15-12-2021 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261191)
How,s it going to work at Old Trafford with 75000 people mingling around outside for hours don't think this has been thought through.

who cares about united?

andyd 15-12-2021 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1261200)
who cares about united?

Most fans in armchairs 😁

cashman 15-12-2021 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261201)
Most fans in armchairs 😁

who cares about them?

monkey hanger 15-12-2021 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1261199)
Understatement of the year, Andyd.

have they ever thought of the consequences and how actions can be policed from day 1 with the restrictions. really doubt any politician has had to queue up at a turnstile for a lower division football match. they,d have got a reserved parking space, a complementary ticket and free nosh with the suits.

cashman 15-12-2021 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1261204)
have they ever thought of the consequences and how actions can be policed from day 1 with the restrictions. really doubt any politician has had to queue up at a turnstile for a lower division football match. they,d have got a reserved parking space, a complementary ticket and free nosh with the suits.

thats wrong mate there has been some our ex MP was one.he used to stand with me up stanley also he watched rovers

monkey hanger 15-12-2021 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1261206)
thats wrong mate there has been some our ex MP was one.he used to stand with me up stanley also he watched rovers

hope he kept it quiet as his MP mates wouls have accused him of spoiling things for the rest

andyd 15-12-2021 12:25

Could all be about to change again this afternoon emergency meeting of the Cobra committee.

VALAIRIAN 15-12-2021 17:13

Clarets off tonight.....

Millwall off also.......... :(

andyd 15-12-2021 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1261232)
Clarets off tonight.....

Millwall off also.......... :(

United last night 3 games in Championship already off Saturday will unfortunately go worse I,m afraid. People being advised tonight to avoid unnecessary social contact how do you do that at football.

Chimer 15-12-2021 21:26

Mrs C and I went to watch Wales v All Blacks (rugby!) with pass required back in October. Had to rock up early but with a bit of goodwill all round everything worked fine. If you’re double jabbed, the pass is valid for a month from the time you ask for it.

andyd 16-12-2021 07:26

Being advised by medics on Boris,s latest TV brief to avoid attending football matches worried were this is leading.

monkey hanger 16-12-2021 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261233)
. People being advised tonight to avoid unnecessary social contact how do you do that at football.

call yourself dion charles.

monkey hanger 16-12-2021 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261250)
Being advised by medics on Boris,s latest TV brief to avoid attending football matches worried were this is leading.

yes, if they continue attending games the behind closed doors thing will start up again. a middle ground would be far better where every ground has a temporary maximum capacity of home fans only.

andyd 16-12-2021 13:26

Eight games off already Saturday due to COVID sadly it's back again.

andyd 16-12-2021 14:03

Nine now.

andyd 16-12-2021 14:13

And another one oh dear.

andyd 16-12-2021 16:43

EFL have given a breakdown of vaccination amongst players an astonishing 25% saying they won't have the jab, yet they want people watching to be jabbed or tested soon be a pause to the season yet again.

cashman 16-12-2021 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1261299)
EFL have given a breakdown of vaccination amongst players an astonishing 25% saying they won't have the jab, yet they want people watching to be jabbed or tested soon be a pause to the season yet again.

that does not surprise me at all many are as thick as 2 short planks, im surprised its only 25%.

andyd 16-12-2021 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1261300)
that does not surprise me at all many are as thick as 2 short planks, im surprised its only 25%.

Well put Cashy and in a lot of cases overpaid privileged thick planks should be as the NHS are take the jab or lose your job.

Kiwi John 17-12-2021 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1261300)

Love it, but it can be applied to ANY anti vaxer

andyd 17-12-2021 07:22

18 games currently off not counting non league this Saturday wonder how long they will let this happen before some decisions on fixtures pile up are made.

MikeA 17-12-2021 08:24

I wonder if fines, not that I agree with them, will be varied so that they reflect the vaccination levels at clubs involved in calling off matches...

cashman 17-12-2021 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1261312)

quite true but then again dummys never change, unless its medically unsafe then yer a fool if yeh dont have it, imho, yeh can still pass it on but you yerself are safer.

monkey hanger 17-12-2021 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1261318)
I wonder if fines, not that I agree with them, will be varied so that they reflect the vaccination levels at clubs involved in calling off matches...

there is no guarentee that the number of cases at clubs will equate to the number of vaccinated players.

monkey hanger 17-12-2021 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1261312)

there should be no such thing as a pro or anti vaxer. who started that in the first place. was never used previously for parents with the MMR vaccine for their kids. its a personal choice from both sides of the argument that i hope was taken seriously by all involved.

andyd 17-12-2021 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1261322)
there is no guarentee that the number of cases at clubs will equate to the number of vaccinated players.

Same argument could be used for testing at turnstiles

andyd 18-12-2021 08:00

I think personally it's not if it's when will the season be stopped for a break Premiership meeting on Monday has one top flight manager said apart from health issues it becomes an unfair league if teams are forced to play say with 14 players negative for example.