Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Dion (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/dion-72089.html)

football19 28-09-2021 19:21

Re: Dion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1258089)
I take it the club doesn't have an option ?
That being the case he's free to speak to other clubs from January onwards.
From the clubs perspective anything is better than nothing.

The way things are panning out I assume Acci don’t have an option.
His agent will have been busy pre January!!!.
Reminds me of years ago,when we should have been promoted,but Windass and Crooks lost form when in a similar situation.
Agree the club should something rather than nothing.

Exile on Spencer St 28-09-2021 19:50

Yes, F19, we remember Windass and Crooks. ‘Losing form’ is a polite way of putting it. To others it looked like they both just couldn’t be bothered once they’d stitched up their ‘big’ move.
I just find Charles’ attitude dishonourable.
Everybody knows he would have been sold in January and, just because he’s been rubbing shoulders with the millionaires :rolleyes: in the NI squad and suddenly feels hard done by, he couldn’t just give his best for a few months to a club that took him from the dizzying heights of National North to League 1.

I don’t agree with every decision Coley makes, but I’m with him on this.

Inspector Morse 28-09-2021 20:40

Bit harsh on Crooks and Windass.

Windass was on fire at end of season after his op and Crooks was injured trying to turn the Plymouth game around.

Reminds me of Shay McCarten's winner. Glorious.

Exile on Spencer St 28-09-2021 20:55

OK, maybe that’s too harsh and doesn’t reflect the ‘Endeavour’ ;) of those two.
It’s also not fair because I don’t think Charles is yet anywhere near those two in terms of ability.

monkey hanger 29-09-2021 09:02

billy kee or dion charles. know who i,d want to back me up and it aint the latter.

cashman 29-09-2021 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1258134)
It’s also not fair because I don’t think Charles is yet anywhere near those two in terms of ability.

He aint and never will be,imho, to me he has turned out to be a big headed little runt.

Lord Stiffupperlip 30-09-2021 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1258148)
He aint and never will be,imho, to me he has turned out to be a big headed little runt.

Bonny Prince Charlie has morphed into the Young Pretender.
We all know what happened to him! :o

monkey hanger 01-10-2021 08:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1258097)
THE MAN IS A DISGRACE, sooner we get shut the better,

well for a start he is not helping himself with his actions. some clubs may think again now about there interest in him. no manager wants to sign someone who may become a problem in the future no matter how they can perform on the pitch. my lad always rated dion highly before stanley signed him saying why is that lad still playing in non league. possibly we now know the answer.

Lost in Cornwall 04-11-2021 14:11

Now left out of the Northern Ireland squad. Hopefully might start to knock some sense into him.

andyd 05-11-2021 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in Cornwall (Post 1258989)
Now left out of the Northern Ireland squad. Hopefully might start to knock some sense into him.

Can't knock sense into a person who hasn't got any in the first place.

cashman 05-11-2021 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1258134)

it looks to me like Charles has a bigger HEAD,agree he is nowhere near those lads, also i think hes thick, cos he could end up with no career at all.

Exile on Spencer St 05-11-2021 17:34

I don’t know much about Dion and whether he’s any brighter or not than any other football player, but, if rumours are correct, he seems to be stubborn.
We’ve all made daft decision at times and cut off our noses to spite our faces.
But, with a career as short and uncertain as a footballer’s can be, it seems unwise not to realise when you’re seriously damaging your own prospects.
Just hope it’s not too late to mend fences with the club if he does come to his senses.

cashman 05-11-2021 18:05

exile i think yeh nailed it spot on.

monkey hanger 06-11-2021 07:53

unless there are things going on behind the scene we have no idea of the whole affair is very strange. dion on paper looks to have a very short memory as stanley gave him a chance to get back playing league football after his time in non league. you would have thought he would have appreciated that unless there are other factors involved.

cashman 06-11-2021 10:26

the only factor to me is STUPIDITY.