Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2020, 21:26   #46
God Member

Re: A glimmer of hope ?

North West Counties league in step 3 of the pyramid have delayed their restart because 40 of their teams are in tier 3 areas until 19th December when they will review again can see it being quite a long delay as these tiers won't change quickly.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2020, 06:52   #47
God Member

This tier thing is a joke in my opinion, it should be the same across the country.

All that is happening is people are moving between tiers!!

AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 07:40   #48
God Member

Charlton can have being in tier 2 upto 2000 fans next home game, on their website it says they have over 4000 season ticket holders. They have looked at it and are going to do a ballot but are ruled out if you live in Kent tier 3 which unsurprisingly is quite a lot. If you are picked but can't attend for whatever reason maybe over 70 and scared you lose your free IFollow pass and have to pay for the privalige logistical nightmare interesting comments on their forum what are clubs with 10000+ ticket holders going to do can see many supporters being upset and peed off no easy answers.
Old 28-11-2020, 07:59   #49
God Member

[QUOTE=VALAIRIAN;1247319]This tier thing is a joke in my opinion, it should be the same across the country.

plenty just have to do that just for work and shopping if you live in a border town like i do. you will not stop going to a tesco 3 miles away just to travel to one 10 miles away to stay in your tier.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 08:05   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
This tier thing is a joke in my opinion, it should be the same across the country.

Most people I know say the same why when scientist,s say tiers 1+2 don't suppress it tier 3 with hospitality allowed to operate as before should have been rolled out across the country.
Old 28-11-2020, 09:11   #51
God Member

this virus has more intelligence than its given credit for. it knows quite well which tier people are in, have a rest over the christmas period and like many others think that the trip across to the isle of wight is a complete rip off.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 28-11-2020, 09:15   #52
Senior Member+

This return of fans looks complicated, especially when there are more season ticket holders than available seats. This is what's happening at Shrewsbury on Wednesday:
https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/...s-information/

And they're charging £10 for the car park!
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 09:52   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
This return of fans looks complicated, especially when there are more season ticket holders than available seats. This is what's happening at Shrewsbury on Wednesday:

Jesus think I will stick with IFollow no masks warm slippers a brew and only the wall to argue with, can sing or shout to my heart's content better to wait till we are back to normal.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-11-2020, 10:09   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post

That's always been the charge nothing to do with Covid.
Normally 98% are sold on a season pass basis and there were always only about 50 left over at a tenner first come first served.
If it were Accy we'd be getting charged mate.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 10:10   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its virtually impossible to sort out for gods sake just put up with things and stop moaning.
Old 28-11-2020, 10:36   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Jesus think I will stick with IFollow no masks warm slippers a brew and only the wall to argue with, can sing or shout to my heart's content better to wait till we are back to normal.
just thinking the same. you could not argue with anyone as they,d be too far away . by the time i,d read all those instructions anyway i might have missed the game anyway. i,ll certainly wait till we get back to normal without the match being sponsored by, lockdown, 3 tiers, masks, bubbles, protocol, social distancing and the rest of the words new to our vocablury in 2020.
Old 28-11-2020, 12:42   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
just thinking the same. you could not argue with anyone as they,d be too far away . by the time i,d read all those instructions anyway i might have missed the game anyway. i,ll certainly wait till we get back to normal without the match being sponsored by, lockdown, 3 tiers, masks, bubbles, protocol, social distancing and the rest of the words new to our vocablury in 2020.
Tier systems to last till Easter so no chance of tier 1 for Lancashire so that's a 50-50 chance of fans back or in Hyndburn,s case as Cashy would put it no chance full of dickheads not moaning saying it as it is.
cashman likes this.
Old 28-11-2020, 14:26   #58
God Member

And still no bailout
Old 28-11-2020, 16:34   #59
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Charlton can have being in tier 2 upto 2000 fans next home game, on their website it says they have over 4000 season ticket holders. They have looked at it and are going to do a ballot but are ruled out if you live in Kent tier 3 which unsurprisingly is quite a lot. If you are picked but can't attend for whatever reason maybe over 70 and scared you lose your free IFollow pass and have to pay for the privalige logistical nightmare interesting comments on their forum what are clubs with 10000+ ticket holders going to do can see many supporters being upset and peed off no easy answers.
Agee it aint a surprise - Charlton is historically in Kent and they have SE7 KENT painted on the concrete in the away end. They have a massive Kent catchment area to the east and south east with Gillingham the only other league club with a claim on Kent.

The ground isn't safe as it is, the seats are too close if you wanted to sit down, designed for 5'8" Hobits.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..