Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2012, 18:27   #316
God Member

Re: Accrington Stanley Squad

I think the club should be congratulated on finding a pair of socks that reached Bohan's knees
Old 21-07-2012, 18:48   #317
Senior Member+

The bloke is a mountain !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2012, 19:06   #318
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thought it was a good display, Toto n defence i thought were huge, a very pleasing afternoon. was good also someone had the common sense to allow stanley fans in clayton end, smacked to me of a desperate attempt to right a stupid decision, am sure it put quite a few off coming today, Hope whomever came up wi that idea, get there arse kicked n it never happens again.
Old 22-07-2012, 07:11   #319
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thought it was a good display, Toto n defence i thought were huge, a very pleasing afternoon. was good also someone had the common sense to allow stanley fans in clayton end, smacked to me of a desperate attempt to right a stupid decision, am sure it put quite a few off coming today, Hope whomever came up wi that idea, get there arse kicked n it never happens again.
Got to say, even though I couldn't be at the match, a crowd of just shy of 1900 for the Stanley v Rovers match for a pre-season was not too good and as you rightly say, the segregation that was put out probably put a lot of folk off, even though the club put out that there was no segregation on the day (a bit too late in my book). Maybe the new team are on a learning curve and won't make the same mistake again. BTW who DID get the Coppice terrace?

Has anyone published yet what the crowd was for Fleetwood v Blackburn?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 08:25   #320
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

No-one was allocated the other end, was empty, a few did make their way on it as the game progressed.
Old 22-07-2012, 09:14   #321
Senior Member+

Despite the segregation issues that occurred during the week I really enjoyed the day, and im sure the club made a tidy profit.

Shame the two Riot vans where in attendance as no doubt they cost a few quid for the day
Old 22-07-2012, 09:37   #322
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Despite the segregation issues that occurred during the week I really enjoyed the day, and im sure the club made a tidy profit.

Shame the two Riot vans where in attendance as no doubt they cost a few quid for the day
The riot vans n also the gorillas guarding Kean, yeh would have thought Celtic or Rangers were down fer the day.
Old 22-07-2012, 10:07   #323
Senior Member+

Im assuming Rovers must have paid for those, as its nothing really to do with us is it?
Old 22-07-2012, 10:42   #324
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Im assuming Rovers must have paid for those, as its nothing really to do with us is it?
Probably they did, but to me its noticeable how pathetic their manager is.
Old 22-07-2012, 11:09   #325
Senior Member+

Oh yes he is an absolute clown, no doubt about it.

However the abuse he is getting is sickening.
Old 22-07-2012, 11:33   #326
Super Moderator

Personally, I think he's doing a great job. Carry on, Kean!
Old 22-07-2012, 16:11   #327
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh yes he is an absolute clown, no doubt about it.

However the abuse he is getting is sickening.
No it's not, Smudgie, he more than deserves everything the fans can throw at him. You obviously aren't up to speed with the full, appalling details of his tenure as Rover's manager. Apart from everything else, the most relevant thing is that he has publicly shafted the fans and he will never, ever, be accepted by the majority of them even if he gets them back to the Premier league, which is about as likely as me being sainted.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 17:01   #328
Senior Member+

Would you say...

"Kean im going to murder you and your wife"....... is an acceptable thing to say at a football match?????
Old 22-07-2012, 18:28   #329
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Would you say...

"Kean im going to murder you and your wife"....... is an acceptable thing to say at a football match?????
Of course not, but I have heard equally sickening comments from the mouths of certain long established Clayton Enders who are now seen as pillars of Stanley society after attaining respectability. I don't think you can damn the Rovers fans because of a few idiots.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 20:21   #330
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Of course not, but I have heard equally sickening comments from the mouths of certain long established Clayton Enders who are now seen as pillars of Stanley society after attaining respectability. I don't think you can damn the Rovers fans because of a few idiots.
Agree entirely.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..