Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-09-2012, 21:29   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Afc wimbledon away travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Sorry, Dave. You've lost me there.

What I was trying to say, probably badly, was that despite the economic woes that we all face (well, most of us), Liverpool FC is so important to many fans that they are willing to travel from all over the UK to see their team at home.

As things stand at the moment, Accrington Stanley FC is not that important to too many people.
I think in the main it depends on the age of fans, most of em, me included never missed a match home or away fer years, When yer young its yer number1 priority, When yeh get wed n have kids mortgage etc, Priorities change fer most of em, Thats a simple fact of life, When yeh get older still n have to exist off a pension, expensive away games are out the question fer most, Plus a coach aint a good option fer distance either when yer older, I am near sure we lost a few of our younger fans when jase was banned, That n other reasons,which i won't go into on here. Ash does a great job n should not need to apologise if aint enough to run.
Old 27-09-2012, 05:02   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I think in the main it depends on the age of fans, most of em, me included never missed a match home or away fer years, When yer young its yer number1 priority, When yeh get wed n have kids mortgage etc, Priorities change fer most of em, Thats a simple fact of life, When yeh get older still n have to exist off a pension, expensive away games are out the question fer most, Plus a coach aint a good option fer distance either when yer older, I am near sure we lost a few of our younger fans when jase was banned, That n other reasons,which i won't go into on here. Ash does a great job n should not need to apologise if aint enough to run.
I agree with this 100%
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 11:42   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Again, speaking as an outsider, there seem to have been rumours in the past about behaviour on the coach that has given cause for concern. If that is true, maybe that has put some people off.

No criticism is intended or implied in what I have just written. I am just as keen as everyong else to get better support for this great team.
No offence taken. However, I will go out of my way to defend the behaviour of all that travel. I run a very tight ship, those that go week in week out know exactly what they are getting. Anyone steps out of line, they dont travel again.

Everybody knows each other, to me there's nothing better than getting on the coach early Saturday morning and seeing the same faces looking down the aisles. The mix of characters & ages ranges tremendously, the same dedicated fans book on pretty much every away game.The majority are so diverse, the only thing they have in common is ACCRINGTON STANLEY. That will suffice.

However, getting new faces involved has always and will always be the problem. I use every method available to reach people.Personal Contact, Official Website, Accy Observer, Lancs Telegraph, Facebook, Twitter. Everything is in place.

I run the coach on very simple basis. I have discussed and received prices for every away trip for the full season before the season kicked off. My target number of away supporters each trip is 35 people. The cost of the coach is then divided by that number (35). I offer that as the cost to you folks.

I dont feel the need to apologise, but I do first and foremost as a Friend and I hate failing!
Old 27-09-2012, 14:44   #19
Senior Member+

If the osc did it we`d of got 6 not 16.

Ash does a tight job but people just arnt intrested. Nothing to do with behavour etc.

Its the same old that are booking on the coach and out of a home crowd of 1000/1200 we should be at least taking 10%. We dont even take that, its more 4%. ESPECIALLY WHEN DOING SO WELL AWAY AND WITH ALSO BEING IN THE PLAYOFFS. Weve just come back from a win at home and afc wimbeldon are struggling. Its a great opportunity to see the lads play again! Its a shame and its a kind of embarrasment as a football league club we cant have 35 home fans going on to a coach for an away game! And id say 25 of them are the same people every week!

Maybe i could understand this if we were playing so poor but what more can the football club give?

Get booking on the coach.

There will be a minibus of lads going down, hope to see you southern reds down there for a pint or two.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 15:53   #20
God Member

well i'm in the group that struggle to pay a mortgage, kids etc and have been for years. I start each season with the target of 80% home games and 5/6 aways. I always try to do one of the 'big' travels where numbers are expected to be low. Last season and looking like this season, i'll be lucky to see 10 games all season.

You have my word though, that when child number 3 leaves home i'll be booking on the hoverbus nearly every week
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 19:30   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
If the osc did it we`d of got 6 not 16.
Why
Old 28-09-2012, 12:13   #22

MINIBUS DOWN TO WIMBLEDON TOMORROW.

£25

8.30AM SET OFF NO LATER AT CROWN

Still seats avail.

Contact me to book on

Old 28-09-2012, 12:29   #23
God Member

Wimbledon-Kingstonian have a friendly little ground but it'll be much improved with a few folk wearing red. See you there, however you choose to travel.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 15:21   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just been on Rochdale Forum n No Coaches running to Stanley Tomoz? Whats all that about? They got 1800 plus tickets?
Old 04-10-2012, 15:26   #25
God Member

because they dont want to pay a tenner to travel a distance you can walk in 4/5 hours?
Its only a few pounds on the 464 bus so most will do that
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 15:29   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
because they dont want to pay a tenner to travel a distance you can walk in 4/5 hours?
Its only a few pounds on the 464 bus so most will do that
I always thought twas Jocks @ Tykes that were tight gits?
Old 04-10-2012, 15:49   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Just been on Rochdale Forum n No Coaches running to Stanley Tomoz? Whats all that about? They got 1800 plus tickets?
Why would you turn up 24 hours early?
Old 04-10-2012, 15:55   #28

Quote:
It were cancelled because everyone more than likely getting the cheaper options bus from town or a couple of mini-bus taxis and cars up the road

UP THE DALE
tazzydjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 16:03   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Why would you turn up 24 hours early?
Cos i'm stupid Baldy n getting over excited.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:19   #30

Well, there will be coaches/buses going to Rochdale with a shedload of Stanley Fans on when we play at Spotland. From the Stanley Directly to Rochdales stadium

I will arrange double decker buses (240people) that I will lay on at only a fiver per person (Should numbers be as anticipated)

Will probably be the seem approach used for Fleetwood and Morecambe (Price may differ slightly)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..