Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-04-2007, 17:40   #1

Andy Tretton

Can't see anything about this on here......your thoughts?

http://bullsnews.blogspot.com/2007/0...ry-battle.html
ExLandlord HUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-04-2007, 18:24   #2

Re: Andy Tretton

If it is true then farewell "Two game Tretts" and all the best for the future.
Old 25-04-2007, 19:23   #3
God Member

yeah, two game Tretts will go down in Stanley folklore as the signing that never was! Obviously we never saw the best of the lad so we'll have to take Herefords' word for it that he could play.

If he has 'retired' due to injury then surely we can put in a claim for insurance? Come on Eric, get yourself down to Farleys'
Old 25-04-2007, 19:26   #4
Senior Member+

I believe that Tretton was injured before he came to us. I said as much at the time. I know the official story is that he was injured pre-season, but I don't believe it.
Old 25-04-2007, 19:46   #5

Shhhhh TM, or they'll be coming to get you
Old 25-04-2007, 20:08   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I believe that Tretton was injured before he came to us. I said as much at the time. I know the official story is that he was injured pre-season, but I don't believe it.
He was offered a contract at Hereford so I don't think Turner would have done that it he wasn't fit. Our understanding is that you offered a two year compared with our one year and he also wanted to study at a college nearer to you. He was a good player, nice bloke and very well thought of in these 'ere Welsh parts
Old 25-04-2007, 20:12   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExLandlord HUFC View Post
He was a good player, nice bloke and very well thought of in these 'ere Welsh parts
I have no doubt, but I remember the friendly game he was supposed to be injured in, and he was hobbling around before the game kicked off.
Old 25-04-2007, 20:19   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I have no doubt, but I remember the friendly game he was supposed to be injured in, and he was hobbling around before the game kicked off.
Maybe it was in pre-season training before the friendly? I'm fairly sure he was fine when he left here.
Old 25-04-2007, 22:02   #9
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

You want to know any news about Stanley just visit a Hereford website, why is there nothing on ours about this story ????

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2007, 22:41   #10
God Member

mustn't be true if its not on the fishy site!
Old 26-04-2007, 06:47   #11
God Member

What a shame - good luck Tretts with whatever you do now - really gonna miss those colourful ties of yours
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 08:48   #12

This is really sad news - especially for my wife and I as we have sponsored his home shirt this season.

I was thinking perhaps that I was a jinx - and has this set some kind of Stanley record - for a shirt to be sponsored for an entire season but the player never actually play a game for Stanley ? At least it should be in good condition at the end of the season.

Good luck for the future Andy - was hoping we could meet you to say hello but guess that will have to wait now.
Urban Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 09:21   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
mustn't be true if its not on the fishy site!
It is now underneath the two lines about the last game for the reserves

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..